1st prize winner in mini koi show 2010 30bu
    Sakai Showa

http://www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/134/DSCN7656%5B1%5D.JPG
    Aaron
    +60123182002
    Post edited by AaronGoh at 2010-10-16 12:30:58 am
  • ShukriShukri October 2010
    Where is the photo bro........
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
  • AaronGohAaronGoh October 2010
    showa.JPG 24.1K
    Aaron
    +60123182002
    Post edited by AaronGoh at 2010-10-16 12:20:25 am
    Bro, if you decide to keep this koi, please update us from time to time on the development of this Showa. I like this piece personally.
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
    have to change the photo file name before copy paste,photo with the [1],& others special character can not be upload.
    Aaron
    +60123182002
    Bro, I put up this koi for sales at the old forum but no respond, if you like it , just sms me.
    Aaron
    +60123182002
  • AndySittAndySitt October 2010
    bro programmer changed the code.. now [ ] also can post...
    good head pattern, nice motoguru and excellent placement of sumi and beni..
  • JamesJames October 2010
    Bro Aaron, this considered unfinished koi right? How come it can win because i heard the judges keep looking for finished koi? just curious? want to learn..
    Bro James, let's have a look at the 1st , 2nd, & 3rd koi, we can share & have a better understanding base on the photo.
    http://lh4.ggpht.com/_Cq0URp3NgIU/TLnZxvdEMFI/AAAAAAAAALo/mwud6UNvA_M/s640/slide32%20%281%29.jpg
    Aaron
    +60123182002
    Post edited by AaronGoh at 2010-10-16 03:09:53 pm
    During the koi show, it was finished. Now back to unfinished!
    James, the trick is to time it just right that they finished or looked the best during the judging. So make sure the make up is only on at the precise timing......
    This is where experience kicks in. The pros will know what to do......like the father & son tag team.......if you are closed enough to these people, they will let you onto the secrets but of course la not all. So you have to pay tuition fees e.g. belanja makan, teh tarik and so on..........
    Bro James, you are right, this consider unfinished koi. <blockquote rel="AndySitt">good head pattern, nice motoguru and excellent placement of sumi and beni..</blockquote>
    As, bro Andy pointed, you can see that the 3 color are evenly distributed ,head, body & tail. A balance motoguru & a good head pattern which can represent a showa .
    The 2nd koi head pattern is consider unfinished also & lost some point due to the yellow head.
    As for the 3 rd koi is a nice tancho showa which will win in tancho category,tancho always have disadvantage when compete with gosanke.
    Hope I am not confusing u, as for Shinkokai judges , they will say they prefer unfinished koi because it has a better value in future.
    Just my 2 cent thought...
    Aaron
    +60123182002
  • nocturnalnocturnal October 2010
    Gd explanation. i used to wonder on why before shows, seasoned hobbyist would asked who would be the judges, now i know.
    thanx bang :-)
    Post edited by nocturnal at 2010-10-16 05:21:07 pm
    Bro Aaron, Bro Shukri, now i understand better. So the first trick is to learn how to finish koi to peak at an optimum time, and the rest is up to competition, ie the other koi competing if they are also unfinished then it will be the best of the unfinished?

And to determine if unfinished koi is worthy for show, it will depend on size right. The smaller, likely the competitor is also unfinished, other than kohaku.

So the question now is how to finish koi? And Shinkokai judges are the japs? ZNA the locals?

So pattern is key here right?
    Post edited by James at 2010-10-17 01:23:45 am
  • M_ZAINM_ZAIN October 2010
    Bro James,

In event of a 'Big' Show ZNA Judges are from Japan also.

It's only Our Mini Koi Show when we started we have local Certified ZNA Judges for the Show, Mini Koi Show are ment as a 'Friendly' koi shows to attract more 'newbies' to take part to show of their kois, however, mini koi shows are even more difficult to win then 'Big' koi show since it's categories are Minimixed.

It's only this year Mini Koi Show which were Sponsored by Yamagoshi we had Shinkokai Judges from Japan & ZNA Certified local Judges combined.

I personally feel that it's good to have both Shinkokai & ZNA Judges together at any Show,..... which means, they will have difference of Opinion which in term resort to Voting to Determine the Worthy Winners.

Regards,

M. Zain
    +6019 333 3675
    So the question now is how to finish koi? And Shinkokai judges are the japs? ZNA the locals?
    Bro James, koi is a living jewel , we always use the term of polish the koi to bring up the koi in tip top condition during the show. To answer your question, hm...I will say do not let the koi grow if you want to finish the koi. In others way, most people will say a finish koi will not further grow much.
    Shinkokai is a breeder club and ZNA is a hobbyist club.
    Aaron
    +60123182002
    Bro Aaron, don't let the koi grow? What's the magic trick, or do we do this over klang bak kut teh? Do you not let all your koi grow or only selected ones? Die la, look like it is getting more and more complicated.
    bro minimal feeding... I have a Migita Showa which won the baby Champion for 3 years.. 15bu till 25bu. It was 22cm sansai when it came back to Malaysia from Narita.. But under our condition in less than 5 months its now 35cm with minimal feeding.. Not easy.
  • koikitkoikit October 2010
    I agree wit Andy, minimum feed... I got 1 dainichi show a, sansai only 50cm.. But skin quality kao kao.. Haha... But feed refresh kao kao in 8ft x 4ft fibre tank hehe
    James, to make it simple, just pick a finish koi instead of try to finish a koi for show among your collection. If nothing is ready in your collection, go koi hunting again...& again...
    Aaron
    +60123182002
  • qsteeqstee October 2010
    Wow,

Looks like the koi show is making everyone very exciting. Haha, The klang brother had shown us some power already!! See you guys in genting......hehe
    Bro, at Awana Genting la!.........if the show is held up in Genting, I think everyone will be busy with the one arm bandit etc.........hehehehe
    Bro Aaron, whilst that is a good idea, it's not so pocket friendly..... *sigh*
  • qsteeqstee October 2010
    Bro Shukri,

Whats the diff b/w awana genting and genting? Me very bad in places and direction.
    Awana Genting is where the Golf course is i.e. about mid way up to the gambling Genting........

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership