• amil76amil76 November 2011
    Can anyone explain about the blue salt?
    Different with normal salt and dosage.
    Thanks.
  • ChengAunChengAun November 2011
    Blue salt is normal aquarium salt :) I also use blue salt. Nothing different about it compared to normal salt. Dosage recommended is 3kg per ton of water :D
    Be updated in the world of koi. Jangankan seperti "Koi di bawah bottom drain"
    I thought blue salt use less, instruction said 1 spoon for 40 liters. 1kg can get 20 spoons which equal to 800 liters. It is 3 times expensive than normal salt.
  • lautslauts November 2011
    Do you have a salinity meter ? The salt dosage for individual purpose is well established so dose according to purpose , be it to counter nitrite poisoning, parasite medication , bacterial cure etc. Unless the blue salt has additonal medical properties mentioned in packaging.

ts
    My pond only 3 tons. 3 kg of blue salt already turn the water blue. Do I need to mix with normal salt to get the recommended 3 kg per ton?
  • jaysonjayson November 2011
    Bro Amil,
    If i not mistaken blue salt it content medical. usually ppl use in tank when fish sick. some ppl use it to cycle and clean tank. it will kill all the bacterial in the filter.
    if nothing wrong with your fish just use normal salt.
    if i am wrong please correct me :)
  • ChengAunChengAun November 2011
    i use blue salt in my 3 ton pond and i use 3kg too. no bad effect.
    Be updated in the world of koi. Jangankan seperti "Koi di bawah bottom drain"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership