amikacin injection
  • jaysonjayson October 2011
    need advice from all sifus. my koi get mouth ulcer, the size of my koi is 24cm.
    may i know how many ml of amikacin injection need?
    thanks
  • ShukriShukri October 2011
    Hi Jayson,
    As per our SMS communication.......
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
  • lautslauts October 2011
    Bros,

I have 2 tosai new acquired with anal fin rot. Started as small problem , and i have tried many things , S1, Misaki SS2, Blagdon Antiulcer, Japanese Yellow powder, feed OTC, with topicals Iodine since 2-3 weeks ago. Now the anal fin is gone and starting to infect the body at the anal fin area. i am dumbfounded . Antibiotic Amikacin for 20cm and 30cm koi Ok ? Looks like last resort. i am open to suggestion.

ts

• farikfarik October 2011
    Bro ts,
    I would use ciprobay jab first ,as has a much better safety profile compared to amikacin as it is an aminoglycoside which has a small therapeutic index (means a small margin of error if overdose will affect the kidneys).You can use ciprobay up to 2ml and jab for a minimum of 3 consecutive days.if possible jab at the peritoneal area as it is near the anal fin .gd luck
    Thanks bro farik ,

Is 2ml Cipro too much for 20cm koi?

ts
  • farikfarik October 2011
    Bro ts,
    The 30 cm u can use 2ml the 20cm can use 1.2 to 1.5cm as with ciprobay overdose is not a problem as with antibiotics we need to get it into the optimum level in the blood so that it wipes out all the bad bacteria with enough dosage the first time around without side effects and don't give any windows for resistant strain due to underdosing.that's why i use up to 2ml....coz it is subjective as i can't see your koi if the body is like mighty mouse then use 2ml if like pencil then use 1.2ml.u want a more accurate dosage then have to weigh the koi...but ciprobay is reliable.
  • jaysonjayson October 2011
    bro ts,
    this is the advice which i communicate with bro shukri.
    for 20-24cm koi inject 0.3ml of amikacin the dosage is 150g.
    if u have high dosage like me 250g i inject 0.15ml - max 0.2ml.
    inject for consecutive 3 days.
    good luck. i just inject my koi only. tmr will cont 2nd jap.
    Thanks Jayson.

ts

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership