My koi and pond update
  • ikankoikauikankoikau September 2011
    Hi everyone,

Just an update on my pond and koi. Thanks for watching.

Post edited by BenjaminGoh at 2011-09-25 04:01:07 pm
  • PH8PH8 September 2011
    Very nice, Captain, thanks for sharing. The koi are looking very happy after being transferred back to this bigger pond. Your water is looking good! :)
  • DanleeDanlee September 2011
    Bro Captain,

Good to see all your big koi swimming happily in your main pond again. With less koi now, hope you will have some jumbos in your pond soon.
    Thanks bros. I am in Jeddah right now. Now I have a total of 29 kois left. 20 kois in the bigger pond. It seems that they used to take around 3 minutes to finish their food but now it takes almost 12 minutes to finish. Some have shown good growth already even I started feeding them only one week ago.

Thanks for all the tips guys.
  • kennywookennywoo September 2011
    Hi Captain.

Nice pond and hope to see ur jumbo koi soon...

Thanks bro. I hope so too. But may not be that soon la :-D
  • lautslauts September 2011
    Nice pond Bro. Koi keeping too is a journey , jumbos will come to you soon enough. Some really seriously nice looking gosankes (*) (*) Are those lines towards your BD? some sort of INCA lines or abstract painting ? :-))
    Hahaha.... Actually when I drained the water, I just plastered bottom edges of the pond with cement and water proving. I also did that to two spots which I tot might have possibility of leakage in future. After finished, I pour vinegar to those spots and edges. So the vinegar slowly flowed to the bottom drains and took the floor's algea along. That's how I got those abstract lines :-D

Thanks bro.
  • megatronmegatron September 2011
    Bro! Nice to see you fish especially the showa which is really catch my eye. Nice pond !
    Don't ask me why!!!
  • ashfaqashfaq September 2011
    Very beautiful,nice koi and pond you have brother.
    Thanks,
    Ashfaq from India-Chennai
  • ShukriShukri September 2011
    Bro Borman,
    I know that you have flown on the Jumbo jets countless times, hopefully soon you will have a jumbo in your pond..... :)
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
  • SBSRIDHARSBSRIDHAR September 2011
    Captain I always like your pond, because it is a not only a koi pond it is a garden pond also. The water looks very clean and visible. Your BD looks very big.

S.B. Sridhar
  • tpsmaxwelltpsmaxwell September 2011
    You have very happy and beautiful koi. Good and crystal clear water. Like like like ----
  • ChengAunChengAun September 2011
    WALAU WEH!
    Be updated in the world of koi. Jangankan seperti "Koi di bawah bottom drain"
  • kumarishnakumarishna September 2011
    Captain is always "Captain".
    Your "Sun Showa" - that wins the major prize limits my choosing skill now.
    More to learn from you all Sifu. Crystal clear water and all fish with superb shiroji.

Abang Shukri ( Sexing Koi Master )- More to learn from you too.
    Hi guys,

Thanks for all the comments and compliment. Just managed to go online after 2 days. I do hope one day I will have the opportunity to have a jumbo swimming in my pond. My best bet now is my hi utsuri.

Thank you.
    What is the size of your hi utsuri and age pls Capt?

ts
    Bro Lau,
    She is 72cm. I bought her on 4th August 2010. She was 23cm at that time. From Shinoda. So far growing well and eating well.
    Bro ,

Sure abt the purchase date and size ? 49cm in 14 month !! Good size even if now age sansai/ake yonsai , very good chance for Jumbo. With your pond and care , almost sure thing barring any accidents . Congrats on a good catch ;-)

ts
    Hahaha.... Very2 sure bro. Still got the record. ;-) She surprised me too. The other Hi Utsuri (also female, which has found a new owner in Klang) should be around 53cm by now was bigger and longer when I bought both of them. That Hi Utsuri growth is normal but this one is different. Looking at the body when I bought her, nothing was telling me that she was going to grow this fast.

In the photo, she is the smaller and skinnier one. Sorry for the poor photo as I only have this photo where both of them were together.

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/4259/Hi Utsuri-4 Aug 2011.jpg
    Post edited by ikankoikau at 2011-09-30 09:50:34 pm
    Bro ,

49cm in 14 months!! a record of some sort bro, better than Karashis. ^:)^ The other fella looks more impressive at tosai now kat Klang aisay man. >80cm sure thing next year before end Mar2012 :-D . careful not to push too much bro takut gulping/sinking . Any pict pls. This one pick up on way to Narita airport detour to Narita farm ka ?

ts
    Post edited by lauts at 2011-09-30 07:09:11 pm
  • ShukriShukri September 2011
    Hi Utsuri also competes with Shiro Utsuri in recent shows or probably not as S U is considered as Gosanke now...... since so, you have a chance bro! \:D/
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
  • ikankoikauikankoikau October 2011
    These are the photos of the Hi Utsuri. If you notice, due to the fast growth, the sumi breaks up. But base on Shinoda's Hi Utsuri characteristic, it should be cleaner as the koi get bigger. Hopefully when the growth becomes slower, sumi will improve.

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/4273/P1060364.JPG
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/4274/Hi Utsuri 71cm- 12sept11 email.JPG

This is the other Hi Utsuri which has found a new home in Klang. If possible, I wanted to keep both but to meet my objective, I got to let go many kois wheather I like it or not. But no regret. Just hope it's worth it.

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/4275/Hi Utsuri 51cm- 12sept11 email.JPG
    Post edited by ikankoikau at 2011-10-01 02:44:03 pm
  • DanleeDanlee October 2011
    Bro Captain,

Wow !!! Amazing you can have 20cm difference between the two sisters when they have been grown in the same environment and feeding regime. I suppose you cannot have the best of both world - growth at the same time maintaining the original sumi pattern. Hopefully, the sumi will consolidate and darken as the growth slow down. Looking forward to seeing a jumbo koi in your pond soon.
    Thanks bro. Maybe the way she vacuum sucked the food, she is what she is now. I let go my chargoi long time ago after this Hi Utsuri took charge of the pond. Looking at her tossai photos, I think everybody will guess that the other Hi Utsuri will grow faster. That's why this hobby is very interesting. You just can't tell!

Luckily you and other bros gave many inputs and advice the other day. Otherwise my ponds will still be overstocked.

By the way Bro Lau, I got these kois locally. No diversion to anywhere in Japan :-D Thanks for the advice for not to push her growth too fast. Actually I didn't do anything special to her. She just like to eat. So far the body is good(to my standard). No helicopter like my big shiro. But I guess the digestion, absorption rate and genetic play an important part too.
    Post edited by ikankoikau at 2011-10-03 10:02:45 pm
  • ChengAunChengAun October 2011
    Uncle Borman, from all the jumbo jets you have flown, the ones in your pond are the nicest ;)
    The diff is CA, you ride on that jambo. This one, you have to build :)
    You get paid on that jumbo but you have spend money on this jumbo :-D
    Still this jumbo is more satisfying....
  • ChengAunChengAun October 2011
    :D
  • grinkz01grinkz01 October 2011
    hi bro.....very nice koi & pond you have there.........how big is your pond (how many tons water?)....thanks.
    Hi bro Grink(?),

Thanks bro. I have two ponds. This one is 33T and the small one is 7T. Now, all the Gosanke plus a Hi Utsuri are in the bigger pond.

IKK aka Borman aka Captain.
  • ChengAunChengAun January 2012
    I was reading Koi Nations (for the first time :p ) and I came across some very familliar photos....I was thinking hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, Uncle Borman?? Then I remembered that you mentioned once that your pond was featured in there :D
  • ikankoikauikankoikau January 2012
    Hi tetagoi CA,

You still have that magazine ka? It's quite sometimes ago. I only got one copy of it left.

Btw, if you are selling that copy, let me know. I would love to buy it from you. And any other bro or sis who got that (Koi Nation August/Sept 2009), rather than you throw it away, pls let me buy from you.

Thanks CA for bringing up this :-D

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership