Kois for sale-Seremban
  • ikankoikauikankoikau September 2011
    Hi everyone,

As the show just finished, I took the opportunity to make final and last fine tuning to my pond. Meaning, I have to removed all my kois to my small pond. I actually lost count the no of my kois. Finally yesterday I got the number right and many photos were taken. It's 44 kois total(not a good no to some ;-) ). Certainly too many for my 2 ponds to handle if I want to achieve my target of having jumbos. Due to this I believe that I am struggling to bulkup my big kois. I wish I can keep all of them. I think you know the price is very reasonable.

So here are those kois for sale:

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/4079/Isa Showa 50cm-12sept11-female-email.JPG

1) Isa Showa- 50cm- female- RM400

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/4080/Dainichi Showa-Sakura-60cm-male-email.JPG

2) Dainichi Showa(Sakura bloodline)- 59cm- male- RM500

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/4081/Sakai Showa 55cm-12sept11-female-email.JPG

3) Sakai Showa- 55cm- female- RM500
    Note: This showa has not been feeding colour food for a while.

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/4082/Showa 59cm-12sept11-male-email.JPG

4) Showa(forgot from which breeder)- 59cm- male- RM500
    Note: Good body for a male koi if you see him life. Good emerging sumi placement too.
    Cont:
    The Kohaku: As you can see, I really go for skin quality and pattern for kohaku. Sashi and kiwa is something I emphasis in picking up a Kohaku.

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/4083/Matumura Kohaku-Auction-49cm-12sept11-female-email.JPG

1) Matumura Kohaku(got it from an auction RM800)- 49cm- female- RM600
    Note: simple pattern but good skin quality, good sashi & kiwa.

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/4084/Sakai Kohaku 43cm-7sept11- email.JPG

2) Sakai Kohaku- 43cm- male- RM500
    Note: Again simple 3 steps pattern but one of the best skin quality I have. You can even see it from the photo. Good eater and grow well.

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/4085/Sakai Kohaku 43cm-12sept11-male-email.JPG

3) Sakai Kohaku- 43cm- male- RM350
    Note: Good growth and reasonably good skin quality

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/4086/Sakai Kohaku 48cm-12sept11-male-email.JPG

4) Sakai Kohaku- 48cm-male- RM450
    Note: Good inazuma pattern. Good skin quality and grow very well.
    The Shiros:
    I have 6 Shiros and lucky me that they are all female:-)
    6 shiros are too many and I have to let go whether I like it or not. Like I said, I would love to keep all of them. I dont have the latest photo of other shiros.

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/4088/Omosako Shiro Utsuri 28cm-16sept10-female-email.JPGwww.koianswers.com/discussion/download/4089/Omosako Shiro Utsuri 56cm-12sept11-female-email.JPG

1) Omosako Shiro-56cm- female- RM700
    Note: Due too bulky body, I tend to be very careful in feeding the shiros. This one has a good potential to grow big.

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/4091/Okawa Shiro Utsuri -7sept11-45cm email.JPG
    2) Okawa Shiro- 45cm- female- RM400
    Note: I was planning to send this shiro to the recent show but she bump into the wall. Nothing serious and she will be back as normal. Very beautiful skin quality esp the shiroji and emerging sumi. BUT, she has a short body. May not grow to grow jumbo at all unless you want to keep beautiful small to medium size shiro.

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/4094/Yamanakaohya Shiro Utsuri 46cm-12sept11-female-email.JPG
    3) Yamanakaohya Shiro- 46cm- female- RM600
    Note: Personally picked by the farm's owner. Very good checked board pattern. As she grows, the skin is getting much cleaner.

Post edited by ikankoikau at 2011-09-13 08:27:38 pm
    sorry, the latest photo of the 1st shiro didnt appear.

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/4096/Omosako Shiro Utsuri 28cm-16sept10-female-email.JPG
    This is when she was 28cm.

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/4097/Omosako Shiro Utsuri 56cm-12sept11-female-email.JPG
    Latest photo, 56cm.
    Non Go Sanke:

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/4098/Yamabuki Ogon 66cm- 12sept11-male-email.JPG
    1) Yamabuki Ogon- 66cm-male-RM400
    Note: You can see fukurin. Need to expose to sun more to get the yellowish shine.

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/4099/Seijuro Hariwake 45cm-12sept11-female-email.JPG
    2) Seijuro Hariwake- 45cm- female- RM500
    Note: I also dont know why I am selling this piece. Good potential for show.

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/4100/Koshiji Doitsu Ochiba 43cm-12sept11-male-email.JPG
    3) Koshiji Doitsu Ochiba- 43cm- male- RM350
    Note: Grew 5cm per month so far. Unique pattern. Show quality if you can bulk him up.
    One more showa:
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/4101/Dainichi Showa 57cm (7sept11) email.JPG
    Showa no 5) Dainichi Showa-Sakura bloodline- 57cm- seriously unknown but most likely male to me-RM550

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/4102/Sakai Kohaku -7sept11- 53cm- email.JPG
    Kohaku no 5) Sakai Kohaku- 53cm- male(pondan body)- RM550
    Note: Good body for a male koi. Skin quality is very good and you can see it for yourself.

Got other kois which I might let go with reasonable price offered.
    Guys,
    The 1st Kohaku(Matumura), Okawa Shiro and Hariwake are taken. Thank you.
    For info, Showa no 4 and Kohaku no 5 already taken.
    Thank you.
    Just an update: Sakai Kohaku No 3 is no more available.
  • AnuarAnuar September 2011
    Capt, wah selling like hot cakes. Good fish at good price. Noticed all your kohakus have clean sashi and kiwa, must be Seremban water and of course your water management skill. Very well done!

Coming of age like Bro Adik ah?
    Bro Anuar,
    Thanks for your comment. Actually sashi and kiwa are important creterias when I pick a koi. The skin quality too. As a lazy hobbyist, i am very pleased that the kois are maintaining it's quality in my pond.:-)

My pond is too crowded la bro for the new objective I am trying to achieve. So got to let go a lot actually even though I like to keep those kois.
  • ShukriShukri September 2011
    Bro Borman,
    In the Wakagoi Show, I noticed that the Japanese Judges emphasize heavily on Kiwa and Sashi. This I think will be bloodline and the quality traits of that individual koi. No amount of cutting will improve these two qualities.......
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
    Bro,
    Yup agreed. Actually the judges took longer time to pick kohaku's winners. It's easier to find kohaku without flaw not like other sanke and show a as kohaku is produced by a large scale compare to others.

While spying on the judges conversation, very often they mentioned about sashi and kiwa. They like to pointed out on secondary hi too which I guess an obvious flaw In kohaku. I noticed this since I first volunteered in the judging team. So I pay a lot of attention to sashi and kiwa when picking up tossai. Shiroji and pattern also play an important part. The only problem is secondary hi which is very difficult to tell as it appears very much later. So I rely on the breeder or fish farm(I.e bloodline) on getting koi with low risk of secondary hi.

Surely sashi and kiwa can be improved. Water quality will be the main contributor to maintain or improve it.

Anyway it will never end if we discuss on koi keeping issue. It's better of over long cup of coffee session where the pond is just next to it.:-)
  • kennywookennywoo September 2011
    Bro Captain,

Firstly thank you for ur Nasi lemak... Taste good...

Secondly thx for the koi which u have to let go and I very happy with that kois.
    The two koi seem not (malu) in my pond. Keep swimming and approach to surface.
    It different from the small kohaku that I bought early. I think big koi more brave ?

Lastly I feel luckily that meet the koi sifu like Daninel , Pual and Anuar.
    Really learn a good lesson while getting koi from Captain. Hopefully I can manage to rear the kohaku well and participate coming show .

Thank you very much again for all the koi sifu and as well as captain.

Bro Kenny,

I am glad that you enjoyed the kois. You and me were lucky when the sifus dropped by my house. Many topics were discussed all of us surely have learned something.

The kois surely not malu(shy) as they were good eater. Hope they will bulk up further under your care. Hopefully the kohaku will turn out to be female as all of us can't really be sure. The fin, cheek and vent might give hope for a female:-)

The nasi lemak was a quick fix as I got not enough time to prepare something special. Well, feel free to come over. Hope to see your new kois next year in the show.

Thanks bro.
    Post edited by ikankoikau at 2011-09-19 02:20:58 am
  • PH8PH8 September 2011
    Bros Kenny and Captain, many thanks for hosting us earlier today. Although it might be flattering to be ascribed terms like "sifu", I would just like to say that there are far more things I don't know about koi and koi keeping than what I know. The things that I do know, I try to share, so at times it might sound like I know a lot, but the fact is that after 6 years, the hobby continues to humble me in showing me how much I don't know. :/
    Post edited by PH8 at 2011-09-19 09:04:07 am
    You are "sifu", at least to many of us. Of course sifu doesn't know everything but he does know a lot of things:-) Not only that, you are humble sifu who doesn't keep the knowledge to yourself.

Thanks to you and bro Daniel for giving me your side of opinion. On very short notice, I hope you and Bro Danial are ok with the quick fix nasi lemak :-) I am planning to invite all hobbyist to my humble pond one day. Maybe not much to see but at least we have a reason to get together and exchange our tots. I surely learned a lot during pond visit as the pond and kois(no matter good or bad:-) ) are right infront of you and I hope new hobbyist can walk along the same path.

Thank you.
    By the way brudders, the 1st Shiro(omosako) is no more available for sale. Thank you.
  • PH8PH8 September 2011
    Bro Captain, we're all looking forward to your open invitation and nasi lemak/Sarawak kueh lapis! :-D We haven't organized a decent pond visit outing for a long time. Maybe during the lull after the NHA show...

We're also waiting for Bro Kit to start a new thread on Brunei pond visits, complete with tourism photos of the place ala Bro Alan/Kuching! :-D Heard that we will have chance to meet Brunei-born Taiwan-based celebrities too! (handshake)
    Post edited by PH8 at 2011-09-19 04:21:01 pm
    I am for it bro. We will find a suitable date for the pond visit. Still havent got my Oct roster.

Brunei is a mystery:-) Hmmm... wondering who is the celebrity...
  • megatronmegatron September 2011
    Ya...tell us bro! Who is the celebrity?
    Don't ask me why!!!
    Eva Mendez!!!........ :-D :-))
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
  • kennywookennywoo September 2011
    Wowo... Hope to meet all sifu and bros again in captain's pond visit.

Cheer !!!!!

• PH8PH8 September 2011
    That one must wait for Bro Kit to tell us lar. Mostly ladies will like one. But maybe some guys might like too... :O
  • koikitkoikit September 2011
    Brudders.... he is a singer/actor... he is very famous on the newspaper and megazine now coz paparazi found out he is married wit a daughter.... pity him... if u are lucky u might meet him in Brunei coz i heard he is busy shooting another movie in HK or taiwan.. :-D
  • DanleeDanlee September 2011
    Bro Captain,
    Thank you for hosting us. I enjoyed your nasi lemak and Sarawak kueh Lapis very much.
    We're all looking forward to your next open invitation. In pond visits/group gatherings like this, we are bound to learn something new, We are all sifus and students at the same time, This hobby is so amazing and interesting... the more you know, the more you do not know.

Bro Kenny,
    It is always nice to meet new koi hobbyist like yourself. You got two very beautiful koi from Bro Captain. I am looking forward to see you entering these koi in next year's 2nd Shinkokai Koi Show. You are always welcomed to drop by my place if you happen to be in the neighborhood of Taman Tun.

Bro Paul,
    Wow !! Really looking forward to all the pond visits - Brunei, Sarawak... We were talking about Malacca at one stage.. maybe we can start with that one first....

Bro Kit,
    I know which celebrity you are talking about... very handsome leh!!! For once, we may have more lady koi hobbyist joining the pond visit (LOL).
    Post edited by Danlee at 2011-09-19 09:56:08 pm
  • AnuarAnuar September 2011
    Captain, thanks for hosting us. We had a good time learning new things and eating too. You have a good tosai selection skills evidenced from the quality of your collection, including those that you are culling as well. And I particularly like your pond very much!
    And we anxiously await your next batch of quality cull.

Bro Paul, Daniel, Kenny & Yujian, it was great to have you guys as company - I learned a lot of practical lesson in koi appreciation.

Bro Kenny, you have got yourself a good bargain given the quality of the kois. Pls keep us updated on their progress.

Regards.
  • Kelvin86Kelvin86 September 2011
    Wu Zhun!!! :D
    - Aquatic Kingdom -
    Brudders,
    The pleasure is all mine. Hopefully we can have new and seasoned hobbyist in our next pond visit. Looking forward to have you guys(and gurls) in my home and most likely bro Yujian's too.
    Post edited by ikankoikau at 2011-09-20 03:04:23 am
    Bro Borman,
    Guessed you guys had a good time. I can't make it as you know that I wasn't well. When I am in Seremban and the vicinity, Insyaallah I will drop by.
    Feel free bro... Hopefully I am around at that time.
    After much thought, I am letting go this kois too.

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/4135/Hi Utsuri 51cm- 12sept11 email.JPG

1) Hi Utsuri- from Shinoda FF- Female- 51cm on 12 Sept 2011- RM600
    Note: Clean pattern and getting cleaner with time. Good body conformation and good pattern.

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/4136/Doitsu Karashi- 57cm- 12sept11 email.JPG
    2) Doitsu Karashi- Ogawa FF- Female- 57cm on 12 Sept 2011-RM550
    Note: She has grown 37cm in 7 and half month(didnt realise about her growth until just now when I checked the size when I bought her early this year). Expect to gain girth after slowing down in length. Hand feed trained and very good eater)

Post edited by ikankoikau at 2011-09-21 11:42:57 pm
    By the way, one of the hobbyist mentioned that my kois looked skinny in the photos. I just realized that. I used to have the same problem before which is when I rotated the photo to 90 deg, the koi looked long and slim. I am just using compact digital camera and somebody has pointed out about the setting. I forgot which setting I should set. Can any photo sifu help me out? Thank you.
    Post edited by ikankoikau at 2011-09-22 04:27:40 pm
    For info, both Hi Utsuri and Doitsu Karashi have been sold. Sakai Showa also sold.

No 2 Showa (Dainichi- Sakura bloodline) turned out to be female :-) She bulked up a lot when she was 30 to 40cm but growing long after that.

Thank you.
    Post edited by ikankoikau at 2011-09-23 02:58:03 am

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership