sharing my jumbo tosai kohaku
  • grinkz01grinkz01 September 2011
    Hi all.....appreciate for your comment, no matter good or bad.....thanks

born in August 2010, a kohaku, locally breed & suspected female. Now its reaching 49cm (measured in 20 August 2011)

[IMG]http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc443/grinkz01/sakaiF149cm.jpg[/IMG]
  • ShukriShukri September 2011
    Body conformation says female. Nice pectoral fins. What is distracting is the red patch engulfing the right eye. The hump and the width of the shoulder I like. Basically a 2 step Kohaku pattern. The Odome looks void due to no Beni present. Presence of a Beni patch in this section will finish the fish nicely. I can't really find further faults with the fish.

Overall, this is a nice fish.
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
    Post edited by Shukri at 2011-09-09 03:17:16 am
    thanks bro shukri.........target to make her reach minimum at 65cm next year 8-) :-D

By far, I only feed her hi-growth pellets, is it OK if I don't feed her color food ?
  • ShukriShukri September 2011
    Yup, not necessarily to feed color if you do not want to....
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
  • megatronmegatron September 2011
    Yup, agreed with you brother Shukri. I never feed my koi with colour food simple because I have shiro in the pond.
    Don't ask me why!!!
  • lauts2lauts2 September 2011
    i am told by a breeder to feed colour occasionally to maintain the beni , esp if your beni is weak . The impact on shiros esp the males will only be temporary and will clear soon enough. The female shiros tend to take colour better and may not even show yellowing of shiroji.

ts
  • ashfaqashfaq September 2011
    Very nice kohaku bro, feels different pattern but love the way it is.
    Thanks,
    Ashfaq from India-Chennai
    @ bro ashfaq, shukri, lauts2, megatron : thanks to all for your comment......... :-)
  • grinkz01grinkz01 September 2012
    update....this kohaku had passed away yesterday..jump from QT tank at night......male and latest measured on july 2012 was 65 cm.....
  • megatronmegatron September 2012
    Sorry for your lost, bro.
    Don't ask me why!!!
  • pandaipandai September 2012
    Sorry for your lost bro...
    Get Kenkona Koi and Kenkona Bio at special price online at http://kenkonakoi.blogspot.com/
  • smokersmoker September 2012
    sorry for the lost bro Ming, just notice this thread, a very nice kohaku indeed. body and skin looks wonderful with nidan pattern.
  • gerrygerry September 2012
    Sorry for your loss bro..... Beautiful male with female body.... :-(
  • BthineshkumarBthineshkumar September 2012
    Sorry for the loss bro
  • grinkz01grinkz01 September 2012
    yah very sad indeed, wish i put a net on it but this is a journey.......and thanks for all ur support bros and sis....
  • NeliNeli September 2012
    Sorry Bro,
    it is heart breaking...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership