Reddish found on my Tancho Sanke
  • huatyhuaty August 2011
    Hi, recently i found reddish on my Tancho Sanke scale. May i know how it cause and solution. Thx

• JoshuaChinJoshuaChin August 2011
    Bro huaty,
    looks bacteria infection to me, 0.3% of salt will do :)
    just my 2 cents
  • weihanweihan August 2011
    Hi,
    Bro Joshua, may I know the reason for bacterial infection?
    This also happened to mu kois before. Any method yo solve this problem permanently?
  • JamesJames August 2011
    Check water parameters too. Can be stress. Your pond open to rainfall? If so likely caused by changing water parameter caused by heavy rain these few days.

Is koi still active or lethargic in pond?
  • huatyhuaty August 2011
    emmm, she still actively swimming around but been once notice she rest at bottom with both fins close tide....anyway i have added salt to 0.3% justnow and will monitor how she progress. thanks.
  • JamesJames August 2011
    Salt cannot do trick if she acts differently from before. Does she float and hang downwards?
  • huatyhuaty August 2011
    emmm,she does swim normally like others. just been once i notice her rest at bottom with both fins close.
  • weihanweihan August 2011
    One of my fish behave like that too. I think maybe the internal organ have some problems already :/
  • huatyhuaty August 2011
    hi, after few days monitoring. She is getting better almost recover from redness. Am just follow advise from post that adding salt to 0.3% without food. Thanks all.
  • jerryjerry August 2011
    my koi seem to have the same look. we've been told herpies. Fish lieing in shallow water verry little movement for 4 days
  • huatyhuaty August 2011
    Jerry, my tancho did the same too when she sick. i quickly bowl her up for inspection but accident hurt her causing she vomit blood due panic. Then i flush the filter adding 20% new water with 0.3%(less then 0.4% can't remember) keep it togather wt other without feeding for 3 days then start feeding slowly and she recover after that.
  • TanCHuTanCHu September 2011
    if the fish float? what will the problem, two of my kois also have same problem.. there qt now...
  • ShukriShukri September 2011
    Huaty,
    Any new kois added to your pond without quarantine prior to the Tancho being sick?
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership