What do U think about this?
  • YamatoYamato July 2011
    No other filtration just bakki??????

http://www.yumekoi.com/uk-ponds-bakki-showers
  • ChengAunChengAun July 2011
    Can. But at least put a sponge layer on top first. That's what I do and I have crystal clear water. :)
    Be updated in the world of koi. Jangankan seperti "Koi di bawah bottom drain"
  • markgardnermarkgardner July 2011
    You will find that Mike has changed his opinion since writing that piece on his website and is now using rotary drum filters before bakki showers.
  • ChengAunChengAun July 2011
    Yes. In a big pond, You CAN put a pure bakki shower system but it is NOT Recommended. Even Daisuke Maeda of Momotaro Koi farm says you should use normal chamber filters or at least settlement before the BS.
    Be updated in the world of koi. Jangankan seperti "Koi di bawah bottom drain"
  • StevieStevie July 2011
    You need no any filter at all and it will still work. Your koi will eat like no tomorrow as well. The conditions are first clear all debris with settlement chamber or sand filter, sieve or anything that can get rid of it by not reintroducing the debris into the pond. 2nd, Lot of air for bacteria activities. And 3rd allow the "carpet" algae that grows on the wall under sunlight. I have and am testing it myself now for two weeks already and am doing it without BS and no water change but replace the water after backwash the sand filter 5 days once. So far I backwashed twice. They are trying to sell you the BS as though it is the BS that works. What works in short is remove the solid debris, lots of air and lots of algae. STill there is maintenance mainly in removing the debris and some water change as you remove the debris. Just think how waste water is being treated. They have no filter !!!! They separate of the solid, let bacteria grow by introducing air, of course water plants and algae grow so much that they have to remove them. Afterwhich they kill the bacteria with chlorine and remove cholrine before introducing the water to the river. What BS? BS = lots of air. Just my personal experiment and opinion.
  • YamatoYamato July 2011
    Thanks for the nice comments. There is a guy also in SA that uses only bakki but he pumps clean water over them. Nothing else but again the size of the bakki will have to cater for the size of your pond.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership