Atari Koi Tropicana - New Sakai fishes
  • AtariKoiAtariKoi October 2010
    The new season is here. Atari Koi is proud to bring in thousands of fishes this Wednesday Oct 13, 2010 @ 830pm. Come and grab some excellent tosais or auction nissais.. Don't miss the first batch of fishes from the best breeders in the world.

Sakai Fish Farm (arriving Wed 13 Oct 830pm)
    Tosai - 1500pcs
    2sai and 3sai - 10 pcs

Dainichi (arriving Thurs 14 Oct 12pm)
    Tosai - 1100pcs
    Post edited by AtariKoi at 2010-10-12 05:23:36 am
  • AndySittAndySitt October 2010
    Bro Aaron,

New fish in town.. I am sure the father and son team will have early dinner and wait for the truck to arrive... Help me choose some fish please.. Guys make sure you are there early or all fish will be gone.
  • ShukriShukri October 2010
    Andy,
    Thanks for the wonderful and timely news.......
    Bro Aaron, please choose one winner for me please.......
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
  • etanoetano October 2010
    Andy, I was at your place and can already smell the new fishes coming into the 2 empty ponds.

Aaron can start collecting fee for tosai selection service already. :-)
    MyKoiKichi.com ~ A new koi blog.
    Aaron, can I book your tategoi for this grow out? I need Bengoi to choose the 5 fishes for me........
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
  • JamesJames October 2010
    Is this in atarikoi tmn desa or tropicana???
  • BenjaminGohBenjaminGoh October 2010
    <blockquote rel="AndySitt">Bro Aaron,

New fish in town.. I am sure the father and son team will have early dinner and wait for the truck to arrive... Help me choose some fish please.. Guys make sure you are there early or all fish will be gone. </blockquote>

Won't you be there? Jaga anak ka? haha. :)
    <blockquote rel="James">Is this in atarikoi tmn desa or tropicana??? </blockquote>

Bro - Atari Koi Tropicana .. but do call them if there are fishes in Tmn Desa..

• farikfarik October 2010
    Wah, new fish....the hands become itchy already....pocket also going to be empty...
  • megatronmegatron October 2010
    Wow...Wow...luckily I received a msg about this new forum, otherwise, I will miss the new arrival tomorrow night...YES.....I will hijack the truck before its arrival....hahaha..
    Don't ask me why!!!
    Welcome to both of you, Farik and Megatron.......
    Thanks abang Shukri, Just a short introduce, I am using wsc888 on the Koi forum
    Don't ask me why!!!
    wah bro transformed from wsc888 to megatron... now username more power... i am sure pocket also more power!!
  • AaronGohAaronGoh October 2010
    Bro Megatron, welcome on board, we met during sallymiya ogon selection,right?
    Aaron
    +60123182002
  • StevieStevie October 2010
    I think everyone is at Atari Koi Tropicana. Anyone knows if the slip road is opened? The slip road before going to the toll Damansara plaza just under the flyover where formerly the Sony was on the opposite side?
    <blockquote rel="AndySitt">wah bro transformed from wsc888 to megatron... now username more power... i am sure pocket also more power!!</blockquote>

Aiyo....pocket kosong already la...bought all the not popular kois to keep, who know I can make some fortune to win all
    Don't ask me why!!!
    <blockquote rel="AaronGoh">Bro Megatron, welcome on board, we met during sallymiya ogon selection,right?</blockquote>

Yes. Brother Aaron, we met! Your ogon doing well? My doesn't allow me to sex it, if I did it I will get sue for sexual harassment....underage
    Don't ask me why!!!
    Bro Megatron, just add a bit of Transmore and the fish will allow you to man handle it..........hahaha
    <blockquote rel="Stevie">I think everyone is at Atari Koi Tropicana. Anyone knows if the slip road is opened? The slip road before going to the toll Damansara plaza just under the flyover where formerly the Sony was on the opposite side?</blockquote>

Hi bro.. the road towards Tropicana is close.. going out from Tropicana is open.. But why do you need to access that road... Just continue toward the toll entry... there is a small road on the left where Atari is just 100M away..
    Got it. Saw the map in google. There is no more road. got to use the toll entry. Thanks.
    bro latest news from Atari.. flight early should reach by 730pm.. bro Aaron grab the best male for me!!
    Bro Elmen, Seng Choon, Shukri, Aaron,

Tks for the tips and thoughts on koi choosing. Whilst it may take me some time to really digest and absorb, I think it has added much value to my journey into this hobby.

I am sure there will be more of these for me to pick up the skill of choosing show koi. Tks again and really appreciate. It was really fun.

rgds.

Captured a simple video to show those who are not night hunters on the situation when new fishes arrives.. Didnt capture those koi grabbing moments..
    Wah , didn't know that candid camera is shooting during that time.........
    Aaron
    +60123182002
    Bro Aaron, did u finally choose any koi?
    ha ha... easier to capture video than images... next round will showcase koi centre one should not go at all cost..
    One bekko sported by Patrick & grab by him right away. Even come back empty handed, but happy to meet some new & old koi kichi during that time. We continue at Kayu for some koi talk & just came home. Well, this is kind of spirit that we koi lover are looking forward,just like kois,always can get along among each other.
    Aaron
    +60123182002
    Really nice to meet up with the koi kichis and it is even nicer, eh hem especially someone paid for the 'makan' at Di Kayu. I was jovial and creating jokes all night until a 'named' was mentioned and everyone's face turned serious especially me. Luckily I met a new friend i.e. Denning, happened to be in a similar profession but miles apart in comparison in terms of behavior that I am truly convinced that it is not the job that is a problem, it is the INDIVIDUAL that is a problem.

For the Klang gang that didn't make it (and we know who they are after confirming the headcount that was present), well you guys surely missed a great session.

Apart from Denning, it was also a pleasure to meet James and the others.

• PatrickChongPatrickChong October 2010
    yaya Bro Aaron,
    haha....
    tonight i will upload my bekko.
    hehe...
    Yeah, please put up the photo of the said 'BEKKO'.......
    <blockquote rel="Shukri">Yeah, please put up the photo of the said 'BEKKO'.......</blockquote>

ok bro shukri,
    can i know which categories should i post?
    After reaching home about 1am, I still want to replace the faulty pump in my pond knowing I cannot sleep well if I don't. Only got to bed after 2am and got to wake up about 6am...seriously in zombie land at the moment. ZZZzzzzz...
    <blockquote rel="PatrickChong"><blockquote rel="Shukri">Yeah, please put up the photo of the said 'BEKKO'.......</blockquote>

ok bro shukri,
    can i know which categories should i post?
    </blockquote>

Patrick,
    Let's do it under the 'My Pond and Kois.'
    Post edited by Shukri at 2010-10-13 11:15:10 pm
    haha......
    later afternoon i going to dry my filter there, because leaking water there.
    tmr ask my guy repair and make dry wall again in the filter area....
    more worst...
  • lautslauts October 2010
    Wah Guys,

Today 12pm Dainichi. Looks like i will have the whole place to myself , ha ha. I saw in the video some ogon ? Are they new arrivals as well ??

:) :)
    ts
    Bro Lau, there are 6 new Sakai Ogons (Nissai). As for the Dainichi it came in early (12am) last night and went straight to Tmn Desa. I dont think anyone here seen the fish yet.. Do call them to check.
    Like that, you guys sapu all the show fish le......:-)
    Don't ask me why!!!
    Could not make it last night, something came up. so you guy sapu all beau ones. Come on show us the pictures.
  • Denn7Denn7 October 2010
    Happy to meet new friends too like Shukri, James, Patrick etc. at Atari. Saw a couple sankes pointed out by Elmen which I liked but hesitated and someone else grabbed it haha. Good fun and looking forward to more new arrivals!
    No one sapu anything. There are still thousands of small Tosai left. Please do it fast before these Tosais go to the dealers nationwide.
    Aiyah....of course not "sapu" lah bro....me so slow to decide small fellas also I paced up and down....when come back sudah masuk bag hahaha. Must be more like Seng Choon fast fast chop chop. That fella talking to me halfway then suddenly his peripheral vision can see a nice sanke on the bottom right some distance away and he said to the worker netting pieces into the pond "Eh tunggu tunggu nice shiroji that one!!!"
    Hi Denning, sorry didn't really chat with u.... it was getting late and i was rushing off because i knew had to set up a new home for the new kois...i like your tancho showa...v nice...how long u been in the hobby?
    Yes Seng Choon v dedicated. Tks for choosing my kohaku...but still dreaming about his maruten..
    Great meeting you too....me very new lah....my very first fish was from Shukri (before I met him) about a couple months ago only. Used to keep local koi when I was young...now came back from China reignited interest in these lovely fishes...and meeting many new koi friends!
    hey we should catch up...i am just venturing into china, and could use some advise on how to handle those sneaky buggers...

care to share a bit about your tancho showa?
    That's why Seng Choon and me are close buddy in the koi keeping hobby, in fact we knew each other due to this hobby, met him for the first time at SPKC. Those are the good all days..... he surely has a very fast 'set of EYES.' One of Seng Choon's speciality is quarantining new fishes.......this is one of his FORTE.

Sorry bro, I let the cat out of the bag........
    The tancho showa is from bro Elmen who kindly sold him to me. He's my fav piece. A Miyatora nissai with cert. Was certified to be female at a young age but turned out male...hence made available to me. Won 1st place 50bu at 9th Msia Koi Show for tancho category. Very grateful he let me have this piece in spite of my limited space.
    Bro get a bigger tank or pond.. At least get a big round Intex swimming pool like what Sam has.. Get a few Karashi and you can even jump inside for some "fun".
    Haha will do. Yah was surprised by size of Intex pond....7 tonnes. But my house not like Sam house lah no place to put in a round pool....build rectangular pond will be better use of space for my place I think.
    Haha... Andy, you had enough 'fun' with your karashi already issit? That's why you left it at Atari.
    ha ha.. mouth too big already !!!
  • DanleeDanlee October 2010
    Aiyah!!! Missed all the fun and free supper.... can anyone post the pictures of the koi they bought? It must be good since got so many sifus there helping in the choosing.. really looking forward to the next event ...
  • M_ZAINM_ZAIN October 2010
    Wah as usual I can see my Klang Gang 'Father & Son' on the Video.....they always start Choosing the Kois even they are still in the Bag....macam ta payah Wang punya...^_^

Bro Shukri...b'careful...the Denning Guy is a Tan Sri

He's the only Tan Sri that I know which is Registered in his IC,.....all other Tan Sris' are not even registered in their IC
    Regards,

M. Zain
    +6019 333 3675
    Ayoo! Does that mean I will get su.......! hehehe! Only joking, bro Denning jangan marah.......
  • koifankoifan October 2010
    Hi bros,

Couldnt help hearing that I was mentioned on this thread. Thanks Denning for the compliment, but I must say that I learn this "peripheral vision" skill from some veteran sifus who didnt turn up that day. They can look at hundreds of fishes at one go and pick up the good tosais. I am still way behind them in terms of this. Bro Shukri can testify to this as he was there when one of these veteran selected some fishes for us last year.

Anyway, it was nice meeting every one there, especially people like James who I am meeting for the first time.

Cheers,

<blockquote rel="Denn7">Aiyah....of course not "sapu" lah bro....me so slow to decide small fellas also I paced up and down....when come back sudah masuk bag hahaha. Must be more like Seng Choon fast fast chop chop. That fella talking to me halfway then suddenly his peripheral vision can see a nice sanke on the bottom right some distance away and he said to the worker netting pieces into the pond "Eh tunggu tunggu nice shiroji that one!!!" </blockquote>
  • koifankoifan October 2010
    Has anyone seen the danichis at Taman Desa?
    Ya la.....totally forgot about the Dainichis.......my most favorite Koi Farm.
    Bro Koifan, want to steal sometime and go to see what they have?
    bro best check with them cause sometimes they bring all the fish to Tropicana...
    I was there when Dainichi was about to arrive. Decision by Robert and Andrew was to split half in tropicana and half in desa...
    My man James, you seem to be everywhere.......very well informed.
    My hands are really itchy........need to check out the Dainichis.....
    Was at Atarikoi Taman Desa after work, cannot tahan tumpang beli 1 pc Sakai with Denning. Didn't spend a lot of time to check out the Dainichi. Most of them still have yellowish beni, I think they are extremely young but bigger in size compare to Sakai. Jumbo tosai??? Go see for yourself.
    Bro Shukri, I have been viewing kois quite crazily as i told u.... koi poison as my wife puts it. And was advised by some dealers that to get the best koi, must visit them when new koi arrives. So, i tried la....

Funnily, the 2 best in my collection now, first being the shiro and second a tategoi showa was bought recently in a pond of old stock. Attached showa. Pls comment, even if negative.

http://www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/129/jamesDSC00343.JPG.jpg
    Post edited by AndySitt at 2010-10-15 01:31:54 pm
    Bro Shukri, I just spent 5 minutes replying u and the message did not appear! teruk betul.

I was saying i've been koi viewing crazily as i told u. My wife thinks I am koi poisoned. And dealers have been telling me that I cannot really get better kois because they are snapped up the moment they arrive.

Funny because 2 of the best in my collection, first the shiro u've seen, and tategoi showa was bought recently in a pond of old stock... attached for all to comment, positive or negative.... need to learn to improve koi picking skills.
    Post edited by AndySitt at 2010-10-15 01:32:54 pm
    this is 3rd time i am writing this!!!
    James, I received all three posts........nice Kindai Showa, strategic Sumi placement and has mutoguro.
    is this kindai show worthy?
    Bro James, I help you resized, flip and crop the image so its easier to view.. I am not great in judging fish but in my limited knowledge:

1- Nice Motoguru
    2- Good beni placement
    3- Need time for the sumi to come up
    Wah Andy, wise people think alike..........hehehe
    yep. dealer told me the same and deemed it tategoi.... the beni actually was weaker at point of purchase but have improved in my pond.. i am not too worried about beni, more about growth in my not deep enough pond...

tks andy for taking care of the size and cropping... hopefully it's only limited to the pictures..hehe
    James how deep is your pond? How big?
    you'll laugh. 7 ton but only 18" deep... thinking of quadrupling depth to bring it to 28 ton.
    Well 18" is no good... Mine is 36" and I still find it too shallow.. But good food and high Oxygen level does help in growth.. Time to redo your pond mate..
    yes, designing now... just looking for good contractor...
    Bro James, why look so Far?

I'm here.....
    Regards,

M. Zain
    +6019 333 3675
    Bro, just drop by Zain house & you will have a better idea how to make it big...........
    Aaron
    +60123182002
    Bro Zain, Bro Aaron, my pond size is not too small, ie 19.5' x 9' incl filter, just not deep enuf. if i increase the depth 4x to 6' it become 28ton pond.... this still consider small or since do might as well do bigger? I can only increase the 19.5' side. the 9' side unless i borrow land from neighbour...hahaha

Bro Zain, u mean the design or the builder of pond?
    Bro Aaron, care to comment on the showa above? All comment welcome, need crash course so my next koi hunt trip is more meaningful.
    bro James. 28 ton is a good size for most home... But I suggest max of 5 feet.. Too deep .. see nothing leh... Use an Oxygen Concentrator or Bakki Shower ... then surely the fish is going be good...
    Bro James,

Like Aaron Suggested, why don't you come overt to my house & see how I've increase my Pond Volume.
    Regards,

M. Zain
    +6019 333 3675
    Ok, do I bring the sanke along for u to groom? hehe...
    Bro Andy,

Who says too Deep Nothing to See, be like Klang Kaki mah....

Don't lah 28tons only keep 15kois off course lah you see plenty of Water Only, try at least 40kois in 28tons sure you can see Kois swimming around....

If you ase Dr.Rahim, he'll say can easily have 60kois in it....
    Regards,

M. Zain
    +6019 333 3675
    liddat i must do 6 feet..... i like to have a lot of koi swimming around.....;)
    That's the way to go.......more koi than water......
    Post edited by Shukri at 2010-10-17 03:46:22 am
    Bro Shukri did u find any good dainichis? Not gotten dainichi in my pond before. Only kondo using dainichi parent....
    Elmen and I took a look at the Dainichi ponds (there were 2 ponds each of Dainichi and Sakai tosais at Atari Taman Desa). Saw one nice Dainichi showa but wasn't so sure about it...I personally found it harder to choose the Dainichis. Must grab Bro Shukri along the next time since it is his fav. farm :).
    When? I would like to join too...

Bro Elmen, did u get anything Dainichi?
    <blockquote rel="James">Bro Shukri did u find any good dainichis? Not gotten dainichi in my pond before. Only kondo using dainichi parent....</blockquote>

James, yes I did. You can view the photo under 'Shukri's latest addition' Discussion.
    Post edited by Shukri at 2010-10-18 03:49:13 am
    Bro Shukri, I saw... nice pick.
  • KaajKaaj October 2010
    From what little I know - sakura bloodline grows quite fast. Paul hooi told me, sakura has passed on though. Currently 5 small peices i now have are from kokugyo which according to Mr Mano are slower to grow, but will "get there" eventually.

The ones at Atari - which bloodline?
    Bai....you should ask....which 'brown rice'....
    Regards,

M. Zain
    +6019 333 3675
  • KaajKaaj October 2010
    Not brownrice lah bro zain. Only breadrine :)

From 3 sakura, 1 was female, but not chun, so i sold off. The other 2 males, 1 died, and 1 left only.
  • lautslauts October 2010
    Kaaj,

The champion dainichi male still with you? Out of my three piece , 2 female one sold . Another one still not firm , now 52cm :) Sometimes look female , sometimes male lah. Regret lah selling the female .. even though looks more male with thin body.

:) :)
    rgd
    ts
  • KaajKaaj October 2010
    Yeah bro Lau. Only humpty kindai is left. I think this group of GO koi did well all round. Many hobbyists were happy with the males. Aarons did well at the MKS, and i know both Daniel and also ThiamHwa's koi are still considered to be top grade.

Even bang shukri has kept his. 1/3 for me isnt too bad. I think good ratio for the investment :)

Cheers

Yeah, I am keeping mine.....all of you know that Sakura the Oyagoi kicked the bucket several months ago. So I am keeping mine for sentimental reason.
    Oh! It is new to me! I didn't know that the Oyagoi kicked the bucket? When was it happened? Please share.. thanks
    Don't ask me why!!!
    Bro, many has told me and assured me that it is true.........so I kind of pass the news along....... Some how the Japanese are tied lip about it.......
    Post edited by Shukri at 2010-10-19 02:26:39 pm

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership