What is KIN SHOWA?
  • ShukriShukri April 2014
    This will be a good topic to discuss.......
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
  • HWONGHWONG April 2014
    What about Kinky showa Bro? is it different from a kin showa?
    Wah Bro Wong, anything Kinky you are excited........... hahahahaha.
    Show your Kin Showa laaaa........
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
  • HWONGHWONG April 2014
    Ya nasi lemak biasa lah...
    kin & ki are 2 different metallic base colour. One is gold, the other silver.
    Which is which?
    KIN (gold) and GIN (silver)............ :-D
    Post edited by Shukri at 2014-04-30 12:50:09 pm
  • HWONGHWONG April 2014
    Itu lah...kinky..otak sudah tak jalan.
  • ShukriShukri May 2014
    Just to share the picture of my one and only Kin Showa that I have. I would love to get more pieces but these are hard to come by.......
    This particular piece got 1st in the 4th Shinkokai Wakagoi Show in the Hikari 53Bu category. It has beaten its other compatriots, better in size and bigger body. Up till now, I am still trying to decipher how come this piece won. I am really new when comes to Kin Showa.

koianswers.com/discussion/download/15648/IMG_3607.JPG
    Post edited by Shukri at 2014-05-04 07:33:19 pm
    Attachments
    IMG_3607.JPG 186K
  • snowlionsnowlion May 2014
    Abang Shukri,

If I may be share from my limited understandings of Judging system..

Judges may give priority to rare varieties, even in the face of stronger competition from a more common variety.

In your case, your Kin Showa is considered a rare variety..thus it received the placing over its other compatriots..

Regards to all.
    Jerome
  • ShukriShukri May 2014
    Thank you Brother Jerome for your insights.......

I have also noticed that it is rarity that the Doitsu Orchiba won the GC for NG in the last Wakagoi Malaysia Show.........
  • JSCJSC May 2014
    Hi All, I found this Kin Showa Tosai at a Singapore Farm. What do you think? Is it a Tategoi?
    http://koianswers.com/discussion/download/15655/KinShowa.jpg

Post edited by Shukri at 2014-05-07 01:57:29 am
  • YipmYipm May 2014
    Bro Sukri, now you are collecting all the unique kois haha
  • pandaipandai May 2014
    Ya lah... Not easy oh to win "Most Unique Koi"... :-D
    Get Kenkona Koi and Kenkona Bio at special price online at http://kenkonakoi.blogspot.com/
  • YipmYipm May 2014
    The only one out of 400 haha
  • ShukriShukri May 2014
    Bro Michael and Bro pandai,
    I have always like unique kois........... :-D
  • JSCJSC May 2014
    Bro/Sifu Shukri, can I have some comments on the Kin-Showa I posted earlier. I have a short video but I do not know how to post a video onto Koianswer. Just wonder if this is indeed a nice Kin Showa that have great potential to grow into a beautiful rare variety koi. Does this showa worth as much as a Tategoi Gosanke? Thanks.
  • ShukriShukri May 2014
    Hi JSC,
    You can actually put the video in Youtube and then copy the link into the post........

About your Tosai Kin Showa, well............ IMHO, this surely is not a Tategoi.......

The Beni is kind of weak, and I am not sure whether, the Beni will strengthen in the future to achieve the Beni similar to mine.

Please do features comparison to mine. The question is whether it will turn out to be near to that Kin Showa? Kind of difficult I think...........
    Post edited by Shukri at 2014-05-07 06:55:48 pm
  • JSCJSC May 2014
    Hi Sifu Shukri,

Here is the video of the Kin-Showa I posted earlier.

• JSCJSC May 2014
    Hi Sifu Shukri,

Thanks for your comments and I really like to learn more about appreciating and selecting the potential tosai.

The Kin Showa is not mine and I found it recently at a Singapore farm.

Can you enlighten/comments on my observation and believe:

1. The Tosai showa which is about 28cm long has good body structure. This may translate to potential growth in the future.

2. The pattern looks nice with proper placing of Hi & Beni. Look like an interesting Koi to watch.

3. The orange color (I.e. not so red) hi is actually good at tosai as I was told that Tosai with deep and bright color mature fast and hence will not grow very big. Same thing applies to Beni. I was under the impression that we shall choose Tosai with light grey Beni instead of dark beni as it signal fast maturity.

4. Given this is a Kin Showa, chances are the Beni will not grow so dark/black like a typical gosanke (Showa and Sanke).

5. The price of this variety koi should never cost as high as a equally good Gosanke koi.

Thanks again for your kind advise!
  • ShukriShukri May 2014
    JSC,
    Nevertheless this is an interesting Tosai........ No doubt about the body. But the Beni is kind of thin though........ but really interesting to watch. Please post this Kin Showa in the future. Want to see the development........... to see if indeed the Beni develop positively in the future............
    Post edited by Shukri at 2014-05-11 12:26:39 pm
  • JSCJSC May 2014
    Sifu Shukri, the kin Showa does not belong to me. I like the body structure and pattern but the price is way beyond my budget. Anyway, will check with the farm and post other video if possible. I'm really curious how well will it grow.

Post edited by Shukri at 2014-05-10 08:14:13 am
  • ShukriShukri May 2014
    Based on my experience, very seldom that Kin Showa has good body.......... the ones that have are outrageously expensive..........
    Post edited by Shukri at 2014-05-09 12:32:34 pm
  • KekwaKekwa May 2014
    <blockquote rel="JSC">Sifu Shukri, the kin Showa does not belong to me. I like the body structure and pattern but the price is way beyond my budget. Anyway, will check with the farm and post other video if possible. I'm really curious how well will it grow.</blockquote>

Care to share which farm and whats the asking price like?
    If it's a tosai, it really has a very good body. If the price not outrageous, this could be an interesting kin showa to groom.

• JSCJSC May 2014
    Hi Kekwa,

The Kin-Showa is from "Zion Koi Paradise Pte Ltd" which is located at 50 Lim Chu Kang Lane 9, Singapore 719530.

Unfortunately, I was told by Mr Tjo (+65 91874588) the farm owner that the Tosai Kin Showa posted is already sold. It was sold for S$1300.

However, the farm will help to groom the Tosai for a while and we can expect to see more progress video in the future.

Let's see how this Baby Tosai grows!
  • ShukriShukri May 2014
    That is expensive for a Tosai........but then for a rare piece, there will always be buyers. JSC, appreciate if you can keep track on the Kin Showa. All of us can learn a thing or two......
  • JamesJames May 2014
    Here's a piece I have been keeping. Watch her in ZNA.

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/15664/B8 - KinShowa - 53cm.jpg
  • ShukriShukri May 2014
    James,
    A good piece......... similar to mine, this is the kind of look that Japanese judges like. Dont ask me why, but they do.... What is the size and gender? I suspect that this Kin Showa will do well in the Show..........

Hope the dealers in Malaysia bring in more Kin Showa or Gin Showa..........
    Post edited by Shukri at 2014-05-10 08:14:34 am
  • JSCJSC May 2014
    Nice Kin Showa James, hope you win some price in the upcoming show.
    I am going to post 2 additional video of Kin Showa from the same farm for everybody viewing.
  • JSCJSC May 2014

• JSCJSC May 2014
    Sifu Shukri,
    Yes I will keep everyone update on the Kin Showa progress.
  • JSCJSC May 2014
    Any comments from sifu on how are these 2nd and 3rd Kin Showa compare to the 1st one i posted?
  • JamesJames May 2014
    This kin Showa has always taken 1st prize. Won best in size once.
  • ShukriShukri May 2014
    James,
    I am not surprise at all Bro i.e. the accomplishments..........
  • ShukriShukri May 2014
    JSC,
    My personal concern is the tone of the Beni.......looks kind of thin right now! And for that kind of price, well quite expensive to me....... the Beni should be stronger and thicker.....
  • ShukriShukri May 2014
    JSC,
    I prefer the 2nd piece out of the three..........
  • ShukriShukri May 2014
    BTW James,
    Where did you acquire the Kin Showa?
  • idrisidris May 2014
    James kin showa cant be judge by picture..should see live one..I saw it at last year zna..it took first place n my mine secd...truly this is a very good pc...the quality is very2 good...
    Post edited by idris at 2014-05-11 02:01:12 am
  • JSCJSC May 2014
    Hi James, you really have a beautiful kin Showa. May I know how big is the beautiful Showa now?
  • JSCJSC May 2014
    Hi Shukri, care to share how you feel about the body structure of the 2nd and 3rd when compare to the 1st. Like to learn from all the sifu as I'm rather new to keeping koi..always like to learn how to choose a right tategoi ...
  • ShukriShukri May 2014
    JSC,
    You are sure that these are Tosais? Seen the Birth Certificate? When you said Body, you meant Body potential correct? Because at this size, the current state of the body is not in conformation as yet. I have a gut feel that the second piece is male i.e. pattern almost finish and the koi is aggressive....... The 3rd piece looks gentle and calm like a female. It will be good to watch the eating behavior of these kois. Another indication whether male or female.

Kin Showa is not known to be bulky when mature, but there are exceptions like the video that I have posted.

Honestly, by just looking at the photo or video, it is kind of difficult to judge and say about the body........... let alone a rare variety like this that do not have bodies like Gosankes or Karashigois or Chagois.
  • JamesJames May 2014
    The Kin Showa was 57cm last measured 3 weeks ago. It is a koi kept in my pond since the day she was bought but did not belong to me. I choose her and I groomed her but belonged to a friend. She is now already removed from my pond to a new owner, whom will be entering her in ZNA. 60bu. Quite a decent bodyline now.

Anybody looking for show koi for ZNA can visit my pond. Selling away to make amendments to pond and filter.
    Post edited by James at 2014-05-11 02:46:56 pm
  • JSCJSC May 2014
    Hi Sifu Shukri, all Kin-Showa are actually less than 30cm and should be tosai as told by the farm. The showa looks bigger in the video when compared to the human foot/shoe. That is actually an illusion as the blue bucket where the koi is in is actually elevated on a stool.
    I will try to post progress video from the farm later to share the grow of these kin showa.
  • ShukriShukri May 2014
    Thanks JSC.......
  • wklimwklim May 2014
    Poison, poison... bros, here is my newly accquired kin/gin showa to share :)
    Interestingly, it looks like a kujaku... but I really liked the head pattern, body and sheen. It's supposedly tosai, 32cm and gender is unknown yet. I couldn't resist the kin/gin shiro and da bao as well :-D Comments from bros are most welcome!

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/15717/IMG_31289.jpg

Post edited by wklim at 2014-05-18 03:21:16 pm
  • ShukriShukri May 2014
    Hahahahaha, wklim.............. kena poison arrr!!! :-)) :-D
    Welcome the world of metallic kois.......... (Y)
    Keep the poison flowing.........
  • ShukriShukri May 2014
    I guess what differentiate a Kujaku and the Kin Showa is the presence or absence of the Matsuba scalation...........
  • ShukriShukri May 2014
    wklim,
    BTW, thanks for sharing...........
  • KChongKChong May 2014
    From yesterday ZNA Show, there is only one Kin Showa I think and it won 1st as well as Best in Size 60bu B. Seems like Kin Showa is the next koi I will buy now ;-)
  • JamesJames May 2014
    Woi Kelvin, u sleeping ar?? That kin showa is the one I showed la. Contended for best in size but beaten by a shiro la.

WK, your koi is a kujaku. Not a kin showa.

Guys, guess which farm produces the most stunning kin showas?
    Post edited by James at 2014-05-19 01:32:59 pm
  • ShukriShukri May 2014
    James, I was being nice............ that koi is indeed a Kujaku.

Which farm James for the Kin Showa?
    Post edited by Shukri at 2014-05-19 04:25:07 pm
  • JamesJames May 2014
    Oops!! :-ss
  • KChongKChong May 2014
    Hi James,

I see. Couldn't recognize ma....
  • ShukriShukri May 2014
    KChong,
    Just imagine a Showa but on a metallic Background.......... this particular koi has a Matsuba scalation. One unique thing though, this koi has Motoguro which Kujaku does not exhibit, not common though.......
  • wklimwklim May 2014
    Yeah, Bro Shukri... :) all thanks to the photos/videos in this thread and the recent show result as well. Quite intriguing to read that James's kin showa beat 2 kujakus to 1st prize... the 2 kujaku had top class bodies and I can imagine good quality as well? Then again, can only see from dated photos. Wished I was at the show.

Bro James, confirm Kujaku? ;) but this piece got Motoguro and sumi pattern around the right eye woh... If my search engine can be trusted, Miyaishi koi farm?

Honestly, I got this piece in part for the novelty/uniqueness factor. In the dealer words, "looks like a matsuba, kujaku and showa project... gone right!" :)
    I thought the gin shiro looked like bekko too!

• JamesJames May 2014
    Bro wk, is a kujaku. Kujaku having moto and sumi in the head area, is pretty normal. Kujaku by right is the king of hikari but this kin Showa is truly a remarkable piece. Not ready to win best in size easily now but have won before and IMHO will win again. The head shine is unbelievable and body v good too. I have used an old photo posted here.
  • wklimwklim May 2014
    Thanks, Bro James :) I guess you could be right about kujaku afterall :O
    Would love to see an updated photo or even video of your kin showa!
  • ShukriShukri May 2014
    My Kin Showa is from Miyaishi Koi farm........

wklim, your koi has Matsuba scalation.......

BTW James, who is the proud owner of your Kin Showa?
    Post edited by Shukri at 2014-05-20 01:43:36 am
  • wklimwklim May 2014
    I must say videos of Miyaishi farm's kin showa does look good with proper showa pattern and body (y)

Bro Shukri, I was scrutinizing the scalation too and no doubt the shoulder area is matsuba…
    However, there are also patches of black scales which wrap downwards below the body (along dorsal fin). I’m likely wrong again, but I had thought that black matusba scalation will run along the back and not wrap below the body?

I’m curious how the non conventional traits on this piece will turn out… guess only time will tell :) loving this hobby more every day :D
  • ShukriShukri May 2014
    wklim,
    Guess that your Kujaku has unique features............ :)
  • KevinKevin May 2014
    Hi All,

I'm the owner of that Kin Showa that James had. This is a more recent video of it. It's still a longish shape but the body has got some bulk now. I enjoy having this fish in my pond even if it doesn't win at show. Its a joy to watch.

http://youtu.be/6udUVV88CjI

Post edited by Shukri at 2014-05-21 01:30:49 pm
  • wklimwklim May 2014
    Thanks, Bro Shukri :)

Congratulations, Bro Kevin! I think the dated photo did injustice to this already good looking Kin Showa. I'm sure it's even more impressive in flesh. Looks like rare potential to grow big too! (y) (y)
  • JamesJames May 2014
    This piece was from Iwashita koi farm guys, the best kin showa farm perhaps in all of Japan. A farm probably none have heard of, just like how rare a good kin showa is. Was bought when it was not known as a she, and at about 40cm I think. She has grown to be quite majestic and her shine quality has maintained extremely well with no signs of a yellowing head found in most hikari kois.

Bro Kevin, your grooming skills have come a very long way and in your hands she will continue winning. Her worst appearance was a 2nd prize in a koi show and best was when she took Best In Size in NHA Singapore. At that time, she was 45cm and she has always taken 1st prize every where she went. I am sure she will contend again for major prizes in the near future.
  • KevinKevin May 2014
    Too much praise Bro James. Much to learn. But I am looking forward to seeing this kin showa develop over the coming months.
  • ShukriShukri May 2014
    (Y)
  • JSCJSC August 2014
    Hi All Bro and Sifu,

I like to share the latest video of the Kin Showa I posted 3 months ago. It is now 32cm and the color has improved.

• vic_slash20vic_slash20 August 2014
    <blockquote rel="Shukri">Wah Bro Wong, anything Kinky you are excited........... hahahahaha.
    Show your Kin Showa laaaa........</blockquote>

sounds interesting though :) LOL

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership