Sharing a nice GEM of a Koi Farm in Singapore
  • russellrussell March 2014
    Hi,
    We recently visited Marugen Koi Farm at Lot 18, 8 Lim Chu Kang Lane 9A, Singapore 718877 and bought a few nice kois. The owner - Johnny is really nice gentleman, he personally spends his time with us and never in a hurry. The farm is not huge but a real Gem in my opinion.

koianswers.com/discussion/download/15261/IMG_6557.JPG

A visit to Marugen Koi Farm will require some manoeuvrings in wooden planks and helping out to catch the kois. But it makes the visit a really wonderful experience.

koianswers.com/discussion/download/15262/IMG_6558.JPG

Marugen breeds their own fishes, so unlike other koi farms you get to see the parents first hand.

koianswers.com/discussion/download/15263/kois-parents.jpg

When I was last there, Marugen has just breeded Shiro Utsuri. The fries are still so tiny but it was really interesting to watch.

Here are some kois I bought last weekend when I visited. A really nice Sanke (30bu) which Johnny agreed to help submit for the 18th Singapore Koi competition to be held in Apr this year. I have never submitted any Kois for competition before so I thought why not just for the fun of it. Marugen will do all the handling.

We also picked out a nice Ochiba (40Bu), Kohaku (30Bu) and a amazing Diamond Shaped Tancho (30Bu). All the Kois are less than 6 months old.

koianswers.com/discussion/download/15264/IMG_6566.JPG

koianswers.com/discussion/download/15265/IMG_6529.JPG

For those keen to visit them should contact them directly via SMS/iMessage/Viber/Line/Whatsapp at 97459730.

Enjoy!
    Post edited by russell at 2014-03-05 01:39:08 pm
  • HenryJordanHenryJordan March 2014
    Beautiful Koi.
    I really want to visit when will i arrive to Singapore.
  • choo8181choo8181 March 2014
    What is the price?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership