4TH ASIA CUP KOI SHOW - MAY 21 & 22, 2011 AT MATRADE EXHIBITION & CONVENTION CENTRE, KL.
  • HWONGHWONG May 2011
    Mark,
    It doesnt seem to be a catalyst as envisioned. Also pls note that some varieties dont develop well in our hot climate. Unless it is a fresh import. And not many are inclined to buy a winner only to see it go downhill soon after. Unless of course, he has a chiller in place. :)
  • HWONGHWONG May 2011
    Bros,

This 4th Asia show is fast developing into a truly Asian show. We got wind that there will be kois coming in from Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, Kuching, and Possibly Hong Kong. That is ont top of kois coming in directly from Japan.

This can only happen with the enthusiasm of hobbyists and the effort of the respective country's koi dealers in promoting and handling the koi entries.

TQ
  • HWONGHWONG May 2011
    ON-LINE REGISTRATION

This system is made possible by KOIS (Koi Owners of Indonesia Society) Except for some expenses to customise for the 4th Asia Show, KOIS is letting us use the system Free Of Charge! Thank You KOIS.

The online koi entry system is scheduled to go on-line by May 11th... Stay tune!...
    The system will also feature an on-line live result report. You can check results from anywhere as the results come in!
  • JoshuaChinJoshuaChin May 2011
    Got contestant from Kota Kinabalu as well :)
  • HWONGHWONG May 2011
    Got contestant from Kota Kinabalu as well :-)

SABAH BOLEH!! =D>
  • HWONGHWONG May 2011
    I missed out on Brunei... Bro Kit & others from Brunei will also be coming with Kois

BRUNEI BOLEH! =D>
  • DAVIDSOONDAVIDSOON May 2011
    All because you called Brother Hee Heng :-D

We are all there because you want us to be there ... :)
    So .... if you leave ZNA Malaysia ... the whole entourage will leave together with you , because You are the Spirit of ZNA Malaysia !!!

Hee Heng BOLEH !!!!

David
    The Best is Yet to Come .
  • HWONGHWONG May 2011
    Bro David,

You are embarrassing me lah =; . The club has survived many personalities and will continue as long as it enjoy the support of the hobbyists. FYI, for this 4th Asia show, my role is very minimal; advisory only. We must give credit to the organising committee. I am only doing my part to promote fellowship like all of you here. So as long as all of you support the club's activities, I or any others have no reason to leave. (handshake)

Thank you all and look forward to a great show! =D>
  • koikitkoikit May 2011
    Bro Hwong...

will b coming wit Rimba_koi and others on 20th.. see u soon..
  • Dr_RahimDr_Rahim May 2011
    DEAR KOI LOVERS, HERE I ATTACH A FILE REGARDING "THE SPECIAL OFFER OF VIVAKOI PRODUCTS" IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE 4TH ASIA CUP KOI SHOW!!!!

TAKE A LOOK AND GRAB THE OPPORTUNITIES ON THE SPECIAL OFFERS!
    IF YOU'RE INTERESTED, U CAN WRITE TO THEM DIRECTLY AT vivakoi@ujia.my before 11/05/2001....

COUNTING DOWN!

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/2791/L-20110503-01_ZNA 4th Asia Cup_pagenumber.001c.jpg
    Regards,
    Dr_Rahim ( Dr.Peter )
    Post edited by Dr_Rahim at 2011-05-07 11:47:41 pm
  • FPSooFPSoo May 2011
    ZNA committee,

Our Indonesian participants require health certificates from our bio security department when their fish need to return to Indonesia. Pls check with the said department whether they can provide us the health certificates in advance as most of them want to ship their fish back on sunday or monday at latest.

(I belief the Hong Kong participants would require this as well)

We need to pack and handover the fish to forwarder for clearance at least 6 hours before flight schedule therefore it would be more appropriate to ship them on Monday morning flight as we well de-bench all the fish and do the packing after 3pm and handover to forwarder the same evening.

please confirm the health certificate issuance asap otherwise participants cannot return their fish immediately.

FP
  • HWONGHWONG May 2011
    Soo-San,
    TQ for bringing up this matter.

PAk Budi Widjaja President of APKI (Assosiasi Pencinta Koi Indonesia) the umbrella body of all Koi associations has informed they have advised all dealers & association to submit details of their koi entries to APKI in order for APKI to help secure permits for export & re-entry from The Indonesian Fisheries.

Pls contact Pak Budi as soon as possible because it needs at least a week to process.

TQ
    Post edited by HWONG at 2011-05-10 09:28:19 am
  • FPSooFPSoo May 2011
    Thank you. This is resolved for our Indonesian Bros however please look into Hong Kong side. Richard Leung contacted me and they require the same health certificate from our end too.
  • HWONGHWONG May 2011
    We are checking with Fisheries and will revert ASAP rgd Hong Kong.
  • monscinemonscine May 2011
    Dear show committee,

There's a little request to give ZNA member price for the neighbourhood countries participants as they have to buy the airline tickets, acomodations, etc during the show. Thank-you for your consideration.
  • Ken_LimKen_Lim May 2011
    Dear Show Committee,

May I know if a GinRin Showa will have to be registered as category "Showa Sanshoku" or "Kin Gin Rin". Thank you.
  • 88koi88koi May 2011
    Hi Ken.
    Your Ginrin showa will have to be entered as Kinginrin Variety.
  • HWONGHWONG May 2011
    Hi Ken, Yes your Ginrin showa shall be entered in Ginrin variery.TQ 88 koi
  • HWONGHWONG May 2011
    Bro Handy,:">
    I sent you PM.
    Bro Hwong,

Fully understood. Thanks a lot for your explanation. I'll explain to them then. Sorry for that silly request. :">
    Warming up.... :">

Bro David was already on the battle field, together with Max's crews ;-)
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/2852/P5200101.jpg

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/2853/P5200103.jpg

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/2854/P5200107.jpg
  • ashfaqashfaq May 2011
    More fotos brothers, thanks for the update monscine ;-)
    Thanks,
    Ashfaq from India-Chennai
    Post edited by ashfaq at 2011-05-21 07:26:36 am
    DEAR ALL, THIS IS THE PROGRAM LIST FOR OUR KOI SHOW..... SORRY FOR PUTTING UP THIS POST SO LATE....WE ALL WERE SO BUSY AND OVERLOOKED....SORRY SORRY....HOPE TO SEE YOU AND GOOD LUCK TO UR FISHES!!!!

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/2856/For Haji_pagenumber.001.jpg

SATURDAY PROGRAM IS LISTED HERE, SUNDAY PROGRAM WILL BE SHOWN ON THE NEXT POST...THANKS..
    Regards,
    Dr_Rahim ( Dr.Peter )
    SUNDAY PROGRAM LIST!

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/2857/For Haji_pagenumber.002.jpg
    Regards,
    Dr_Rahim ( Dr.Peter )
  • HWONGHWONG May 2011
    Hi All Kichis,

See live results report. www.asiashow.koi-s.org
    Once you are in the site, click live report

koianswers.com/discussion/download/2858/live1.jpg
    koianswers.com/discussion/download/2859/live2.jpg
    Post edited by HWONG at 2011-05-21 08:35:50 pm
  • AnuarAnuar May 2011
    Wow, I saw a number of my fellow hobbyists taking some major prizes (champion and best in size).

Congratulations to all winners, major or other placings!
    Post edited by Anuar at 2011-05-23 03:12:05 am
  • WinlimWinlim May 2011
    CONGRATULATIONS to all winners. I must give a BIG Hand to the organizing committee who came up with the online registration. Brilliantly done. Allowing us to see who are our competitors was excellent

This is probably the first time the results got out so quickly and accurately.

GOOD JOB again!
  • PH8PH8 May 2011
    Heartiest congrats to all winners, big and small, at the 4th Asia Cup Show! Special mention to :

- Overseas participants who risked the lives of their precious fishes to support the show, and in so doing, raised the standard of the show by leaps and bounds and gave us a chance to see their fantastic fishes. It is much harder to learn if we do not have the chance to see top fishes in the flesh.

- Dato Razif for carrying the Malaysian flag by bringing back his wonderful 87cm Sakai kohaku which attained 2nd Runners Up. Notably, she came from an ochiba oyagoi which was over a metre long. Congrats again, Dato. Hope you can start a new thread perhaps, to give us some history of the koi, including development photos.

And a big big round of applause for Messrs Ng Yit Kok, Wong Hee Heng and Raymond Hew and everyone else in the Organizing Committee who helped make the show such a resounding success. =D>

I had a real good time meeting so many good koi buddies again, not only local but also many from other countries, and some even met for the first time.

Now starts the "recuperation period"! Typically the forum will get all quiet for a few weeks just after a major show. Hangover or what??? :p
    Post edited by PH8 at 2011-05-22 11:54:37 pm
    Really nice to meet you all again in there. And this time it brings another dimension of koi show in Malaysia. I hope this would make all parties hand in hand to make bigger show ever. Malaysia Boleh! :)
  • PH8PH8 May 2011
    Brother Handy, your mere physical presence is always already a morale booster for any organizing host, regardless of whether you brought fish with you or not. :) Great to see you again.
  • ikankoikauikankoikau May 2011
    I got to agree with you bros that this koi show has elevated to a higher standard in term of organizing. Salute to all committee members (Y) =D> Well organized event, IT advancement for live result, no casualty during the show, water management/quality, "sempoi" environment, great auction and many more worth mentioning. In all, I believe all kichis did enjoy the show.

Maybe time management can be improved as I noticed the prize giving ceremony has been cut short to accommodate the auction or not even done for 1st,2nd& 3rd categories' winner. I can see many winners(and their family members) were dressed up and got frustrated as they were hoping to capture the moment during the prize giving. After all the hard work of grooming their kois, I personally felt that we should allow all winners to enjoy the occasion by capturing the moment. Further more it was an Asia Cup. I was lucky as I was able to watch my son receiving the prize. I am sure other parents want to feel the same way.

In future, we can organize the auction last as nobody can predict how long it will take. To keep the crowd, dealers or kichis can sponsor kois for lucky draw. With this, our bro Z can stretch the event longer without having to worry about the time. Btw, good job bro Z. =D>
    Post edited by ikankoikau at 2011-05-24 04:31:26 am
  • cookcpucookcpu May 2011
    Can someone post the show result here.

Anyway, a big thank you to the Malaysia Koi club committee members and the show volunteer for a well run show.

Nice to catch up with fellow Malaysian koi kichi in the show. :)
    Post edited by cookcpu at 2011-05-23 07:21:50 pm
  • BenjaminGohBenjaminGoh May 2011
    Cookcpu,

Go to asiashow.koi-s.org and click on 'live report' to see the full result..
    http://koianswers.com/discussion/download/2858/live1.jpg
    Post edited by BenjaminGoh at 2011-05-23 07:23:27 pm
  • cookcpucookcpu May 2011
    Thank you Benjamin. I thought only member can access that information. I will go there and take a look. :)
  • k3nnyk3nny May 2011
    Nice meeting so many bros over there and thanks for all the knowledgde shared with me =)

Especially like to thank Bro david for helping with all the arrangements and also Bro Paul for hosting us at his place.

Thanks too to Bro Mason and Frankie for the sumptuous lunch and dinner =) Btw, any knows what's bro frankie's nick in here?
  • PH8PH8 May 2011
    Bro Frankie unfortunately doesn't participate on this forum....yet. :-D Good to meet you too, Bro Kenny, and hope your tummy problems will resolve real quick!
  • HandsomeHandsome May 2011
    Bro ikankoikau,
    I totally agree with u about 1st 2nd 3rdprice was given later(after auction). This is just my feedback.

This is my first time joining this event. I was told by my dealer to come at 10.00am to get my prize. After all, it just waited to start it about 11.30am. At first thought, finally START. But after giving the big prizes, the next was an auction. It was about 1.00pm. There is no annoucement nor any proper information given to the visitor. I guess such a big event should have a programme list.

I m glad to see this nice show and a numbers of koi, but i totally disapointed prize presentation cos we dont know when it going to my turn. At last, i went back with my family at 1.30pm with empty hand.

Cheer.
    Post edited by Handsome at 2011-05-24 12:16:00 am
  • k3nnyk3nny May 2011
    Thanks bro Paul for the well wishes. Unfortunately this might take quite some time, else would have joined u guys for the drinking sessions etc (Damn!! missed out a really good time..) but life goes on :) Anyway hope to catch up with you guys soon, probably at the coming koi show in June?
  • HWONGHWONG May 2011
    Hello Bros,
    If you will pardon my exuberance, I think the 4th Asia Cup was a resounding Success and a truly Asia event with 120 Participants & Kois from 6 countries: Indonesia. Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Brunei & even Hong Kong. The success of the show was especially meaningful because the KOIs community from Indonesia played a pivotal role in the show's smooth execution with the On-Line registration & Live results information.

Koi kichis from around the region came in personally in respectable numbers to participate in and bear witness to this event!

On behalf of the Committee, I wish to thank all participants, Sponsors, Partners, Supporting dealers, Judges, ZNA & Shinkokai, Auction participants and of course our Heros; THE VOLUNTEERS!!! who made the show a success.

We sincerely apologize for the shortcomings like the prize giving ceremony for the 1st, 2nd & 3rd prizes which traditionally give out, the lack of program info on-site or announcements of delays & or cancellations.

Kudos to all the Volunteers and Organising committee , Mr Ng Yit Kok , Mr.Wong Hee Heng , Mr.Raymond Hew , Pak Zain , Dr Rahim aka Peter , Brother Aaron and all who ernestly throw their best efforts in for this event . The number of helpers looking after the Vat Stations , the guys behind the logistic , the hosting officers for each timed programme were all too busy with what's detailed , and you could not even see a minute of rest for the Orgainsing team and crews .
    A big hand of applause and a thankful heart is simply not enough for all these selfless efforts and contributions .

This is indeed the Best Malaysia Koi Show that had been missing for years . The stimulus for this quality turnout , did not comes from just the Branding of the Show , but the continuous effort of a few committee guys like Wong Hee Heng , Raymond Hew and Ng Yit Kok , who had truly extended their invitation and hospitalities to the Asian participants and brothers all these years . This hospitalities not only increase the level of participants , but also the level of qualities . Quality bondings among the Asian hobbyists .

On behalf of All who attended the show with the Singapore Contingent , We Thank the Organising Team and Crews , who put up one of the most spendid Koi Show , as well as displayed one of the most selfless contribution to this Nishikigoi Hobby . From Singapore , We Salute you guys !!! Good Job .

David
    Bro Paul,

I'm nothing but just trying to communicate between parties. This is an essence, because people tend to be perfunctory to something that doesn't really benefit to them. And sometimes misunderstanding also occur because misinformation and so on. I tried to encourage them to send the kois and to make sure the kois will come back easily. In the other hand, I hope the same response will occur from neighbourhood countries hobbyists/dealers in the days ahead. When this bonding becomes stronger and stronger, we could hand in hand to make this "friendship through scales" spread wider and wider. (handshake)

And to me, it is about the moment that we can't buy by any amount of monies. I got there without my kois which been said not ready for the show, but what I want the most is to be together with all of the gangs, the koi kichis and some new friends made. The chats and the laughs, eating and drinking, even having the trip together in David's coach bus, were a splendid memory which won't be forgotten till the end of my time (rock)

Brother Kenny , I must apologise for not being able to prepare you the proper meal during this trip . Will try to ensure that your food arrangement will be better coordinated .
    We wished you well , and hope your diet will help you overcome all these hurdles.

You did not miss much in fact Brother Kenny . You walk back straight to the Hotel , while we were trying to detour to the nearby pub , but was told that there was a small demonstration near the Petronas Twin Tower , so the whole group walked back to the Hotel and enjoyed a good conversation at the lobby , but had to call it off early because Brother max and the Handling Team , together with Mark Gardner had to be at the show site early morning before 7am .

Sautrday Nite dinner , after the Saturday event , was Kind invitation by the Organising committee , and it ended pretty late because the dinner started late . Most of the diners were waiting for our Coach to arrive , to commence the dinner . Dinner started late because we arrived almost an hour late due to the heavy traffic from our Hotel to the Restaurant . We finished almost 1130pm and by the time we returned to the Hotel , it was passed midnite . By then , everyone was sleeping in the coach while on the way back . Fatigue sank in .

Sunday , we checked out , had breakfast together in the Hotel and were all at the show site by 10am . Sunday was eventful , with the prize presentation , auctions and meeting-up with the various hobbyists and friends . Debenching started at about 3pm and by 6 pm , it was also time we bidded farewell to all the brothers and friends . On the way back , we drop by Kluang Valley to pay a visit to 2 of our Kluang Hobbyists , Mr Pang and Nocturnal ( ADIK ) . Had one of the finest dinner in Kluang Valley , a short meeting with Adik , and reached Singapore close midnite. The refrigerated Fish Truck arrived this morning at 5 am , and by the time the fishes were released into the qurantine tanks , the Monday Sun rised . A new week began ..........

So ... Brother Kenny , you did not missed much !! :) We look forward to our next trip together again . Take Good Care brother .

David

Brother Handy , the Nishikigoi world would be at better diplomacy if we can have more people of your calibre . You had always been one bonding ambassador of "Friendship Thru Scales " that your presence do make a huge difference anywhere .
    You took time out of your heavy work schedule just to fly in on the Saturday afternoon and joined the rest of the brothers during the event , and had to fly off the following morning before anyone of us could wake up in time to bid farewell .

It's always wonderful having you around brother . We will meet in Jakatar this year for sure .

David
  • DRADRA May 2011
    Hi Paul and all other fellow koi kichis.

Thank you for your support during the show and well wishes after judging.
    I bought my Kohaku in July 2006 after Ryuki made a marketing call in KL armed with a video of some half dozen ake-sansai and yonsai. I liked her immediately and flew to Japan the following week to have a first hand look. Shook hands over a deal and she had been in Ryuki's care since.
    Her track record:
    All Japan 2006 : 1st Kohaku 75bu.
    All Japan 2007 : 1st Kohaku 80bu ( actual size 77cm)
    All Japan 2008 : 2nd Kohaku 80bu ( actual size 80cm)
    All Japan 2009 : 2nd Kohaku 85bu ( actual size 83cm)
    All Japan 2010 : 2nd Kohaku 85bu (actual size 85cm)

Ryuki spoke to me in November 2010 and suggested that we do not enter her in the 2011 Show as similar aged koi in his pond have crossed 90 cm and that " size is everything " at this level of competition. He suggested the Rinyukai Show instead. I decided against entering her. At the Shinkokai Malaysia Show we discussed the possibility of using her as an oyagoi in a year or two and plans were made.
    However, when I received the "clarion call" in April from Hee Heng for Malaysia to try and resist the "invaders' from the south and further south , I decided to ship her back instead.

At time of purchase july 2006
    http://www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/2935/June%202006.jpg

Jan 2009

http://www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/2929/JAN%202009.jpg

At the time of benching her on Friday afternoon and when some ooohs and aaaahs were heard I told Mark and Hee Heng that my expectations were not high as she wasn't entered in this year's All Japan Show at Ryuki's request.

I am glad I brought her back although she looks a bit of a bully in my pond now.

I will attach a video of her at one of the shows in due course.

Thank you guys again for all the support and glad to have joined others in flying the Malaysian flag.

Best Regards

Post edited by AndySitt at 2011-05-24 04:55:35 pm
    DRA,
    It has been a great pleasure to watch her in person. Sometimes I wonder how she can become so big and beautiful. Hopefully she will improve further in your pond. It will be a great challenge for you to continue grooming her from Ryuki's care. Your sankes are superb too. Hope to see them more in future, bigger, wider and "cun"ner.

Big THANK YOU to all brudders from Asia who have taken so much trouble and risk to bring their jumbos here for our view pleasure. To you bro David, thank you for sharing your kois and knowledge with us. I noticed thru out the show, you were very busy answering and educating kichis whom have met you in person. I personally wanted to talk to you longer but I knew that many people were in line to "interview" you so I got to cut it very short :-((
    Hopefully I can bump into you one day in other country or during flight. I will surely "command" you not to leave the cockpit till the acf's doors are open upon arrival, for safety reason. Coz it is surely not save when the captain is 99% in the cabin talking to a passenger during a flight. ;-)

I wish I can join and meet the kichis around Paul's pond the other day but got to take a rain cx as I was involved with the judging. Hopefully we can gather again one day.

God bless.

IKK
  • lautslauts May 2011
    Dato,

Very beautiful and amazing koi , the face and body especially captured my imagination. I was there early Friday morning helping out and when this koi arrive , i was glued to the tank. Where did the stomach start and end ?? .. the thing looks like a giant bolster .. amazing !! Sorry to hear it ended its run in Japan , but good for us in Malaysia for this beautiful sight !!

Sorry too, did not intro myself Fri morning , have to run and earn my free lunch ;) :)

ts

• BenjaminGohBenjaminGoh May 2011
    Dato,

Hope to see your Hiryu Sanke next year!! 8-)
  • boykoiboykoi May 2011
    congratulations to a very succesful asia cu. i hope to have a ,alaysian trip someday, and kinda look at the fierce competition of awesome kois.who knows, our newly formed zna in the philippines may add another flag to these awesome koi competition
  • HWONGHWONG May 2011
    Bro David,

Among the people whom I owe personal gratitude to for making this show a success would be you!
    You never failed to support us whenever we called upon you. This time you & S'pore Bros have outdone yourselves coming by the busload o :) and record number of great kois!

Words of your participation reached Indonesia & Our Indonesian Bros responded Big time making this show commendably competitive!

True to your words & although I was not present I was informed that you & Bros lend great support to the auction. You even paid RM2,000 for that throw in showa! =D>

Thank you form the bottom of my heart. I hope to be able to reciprocate inthe near future.

Cheers
    Hee Heng
  • HWONGHWONG May 2011
    Bro Handy,

Thank you for rallying the Indonesian Bros. While we expected the highest quality of kois from The Indonesian Bros, your effort in helping to promote the event was evident and resulting in what must must be the biggest Indonesian contingent ever to visit a show held in Malaysia. Merah Putihs everywhere! :-bd And having learnt from Bro David that you flew in just for the day to be with us despite your busy schedule, that was heartfelt.

TQ Bro!

• HWONGHWONG May 2011
    Dato'
    I thought I would give it a shot and cajoled you to at least send a couple of your kois to wave jalur gemilang. But you not only surprised us with your magnificent Kohaku and to die for sankes, you made us mighty proud coming in 2nd Runner Up! =D> The 1st Runner up Sanke came ahead by the nose just 1 vote! ;-)

TQ for answering my clarion call as you have eloquently put it. :-bd
  • HWONGHWONG May 2011
    Bro TS,

Your phone call on Thursday was heaven sent. We were really short handed & thank you very much for helping on Friday morning! :)
  • lautslauts May 2011
    Hwong,

Minimal help only , most time spent looking at kois ;-):-D and helping out participants unloading their beauties. Thank you for lunch and nice T shirt.

ts
    Bro Lau, which one was you?? We def met then... :-?
  • lautslauts May 2011
    Aiyo Capt , we always talk koi never talk abt people and get to know each other. Next time bro =(( Congrats on you fine showing.

ts
    Thanks bro. Yup, see u next time.
  • mario88mario88 May 2011
    Thank you a lot for ZNA malaysia for the wonderfull event and letting us join the fantastic event...Quite memorable event and well organized many applause to everybody involved especially Mr.Wong Hee Heng who ran everything from start till the end indeed great stamina never tired of doing anything, and many other(Mr. Ng Yit Kok the president of ZNA, Mr.Dave, bro raymond, james(judging) and many else, Mr.Yang thanks for the taxi booking, resto booking and many else, Mr. M Zain (great auctioners and crazy guy eventhough he was a electrical lecturer hehehe peace, last but not least Brian from the network setup who had run here and there and sweat a lot if there were any computer problem)..Will catch up with you anytime soon...

Big applause for ZNA Malaysia for running 4th Asia Cup Koi Show

Sorry for the late respond been busy with studies after the event
  • JamesJames May 2011
    Bro Mario, it was indeed a great pleasure to have u on the team to ensure all was going well with the system. The accuracy and fast results were simply impressive. And your patience with the Malaysian volunteers is appreciated.

We are lucky to have u and the Indonesian counterpart help us to ensure smooth running of the show. Thank u and thank u again.
    Hi Hi, how're you doing?????!!!!

On behalf of Dr. Rahim (Dr. Peter) & Uncle Zain, with heartfelt gratitude, I'd like to thank all of you for being a part of the 4th Asia Cup Koi Show! This is the 2nt time i participated in Koi Fish event, the 1st one being The 1st All Thailand Koi Show in April, 2011....

Thanks a lot for a very helpful, dedicated & hardworking committee, especially Uncle Ng Yit Kok & Uncle Wong Hee Heng who'd stayed up almost every night since 2-3 weeks before the show. Special thanks to Uncle Dave who was the busiest man during the show, thanks to Uncle Yang who took good care of all our international judges & guests before and after the show, Uncle Aaron for helping in the arrangements....Also not forgetting our young koi lovers & contributors, Raymond Hew, Benjamin Goh, Elmen Tan...Thanks also to my partner, Annie Chan for your patience & guidance throughout the show.....And also thanks to all volunteers in the judging & the benching teams, Alan Yap, Captain & son, Denning, James, Felix, Daniel (these are all the names that i could pick up on the judging day) and all friends who've helped out in the event...Thanks a lot to Uncle Leong & his children who'd volunteered to take care of the T-shirt distributions, trophy/plaque arrangements & prize presentations....Thanks also to Karen (Uncle Wong's daughter) for helping in the registration counter. Thanks to Joye for helping me with the music co-ordination!!!

When i saw the judging team came back to the show ground at 10 pm on Friday night to meet & discuss about the judging procedures and then went on with a simulation, i felt so happy and touched....because at that very moment, i realized that people travelled from everywhere across the country came together helping out and working on a show....All were so enthusiastic & co-operative!!!! So happy to see them full of passion...raising up their hands, checkin' out the i-pad online system, running here and there!!! It was really really encouraging!

Special thanks to all Koi Kichis & supporters, namely Brother David Soon for being with us at the show. Your presence definitely "boosted-up" the entire auction event...I've always heard people mentioning your name but hadn't got a chance to meet up in person, brother David, so glad to meet you. Congratulations & thanks to Dato Razif for raising the Malaysian flag high in such a prestigious event! Thanks to all the participants from Indonesia, Singapore & Hong Kong for bringing this event to another level...Congratulations to all the winners and their beloved kois!!

Thanks to Brian & Pak Helmy Iskandar & team (Mario's gang) for the super efficient online system. This young, energetic team was very patient & helpful. They were so humble. Things were a lot easier for us because they were so professional! They knew all the types and categories of kois, they knew exactly how the registration and judging should be carried out....They were fast and accurate!

Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone of you here for helping us to make the 4th Asia Cup Koi Show a memorable one! Thanks to all our the honourable judges & respected guests for attending our show.....The dinner party on Saturday was such a blast with representatives of all countries singing & dancing, and of coz drinking.....It was really a "wonderful tonight".....

Since last Sunday after the show, i've been "hooked" with K-O-I!!!!!! I've been checking on this forum so regularly, checking if there's any further email correspondence, reading about Kois on so many different websites, checkin' out videos of Kois.....Oh my god, is this a kinda "after-effect" of the show???

Thank you very much to Peter KoKo & Uncle Zain for giving me the opportunity to be a part of the 4th Asia Cup Koi Show, i got lots of exposure and nice memories and I'm really glad to have met many people from different parts of the world. It's a wonderful experience!

Wishing you all the best & good luck in everything you do!
    Hope to meet you all again.
    Koi forever & "friendship thru scales"!

Best regards & cheers always,
    Signin' off - Semantha Chia.
    (Dr. Peter's Cousin)

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/2998/International.jpg
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/2999/Snap.jpg
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/3000/Trio.jpg
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/3001/My Gang.jpg
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/3002/MC.JPG
    Regards,
    Dr_Rahim ( Dr.Peter )
  • HWONGHWONG May 2011
    Aiyoh!!!

How cud I of all people missed out Dr Semantha! Sorry sorry. "Lao Liao" [-X
    Everybody please take note that it was Semantha who did most of the show secretariat work together with Peter koko & Zain-San making sure all were in order administratively and also ensuring that events happen as planned. On top of that she is a FANTASTIC SINGER! the livewire during the offiial dinner, keeping all of us happy and entertained!=D>

Like I said without Semantha, I will be on M/C for a week!

It was a fantastic experience working with you & if there is a next show, you shall be the show secretary! :-D
    Dr Samantha,
    You are life wire, couldn't agree more with bro Wong. Thank you for making the organiser team lively.
  • DanleeDanlee May 2011
    Dr. Semantha,

I second what Capt said. You make the whole organizing team and show so lively. I will ask Bro Hee Heng to make you permanent show secretary from now on ...hehe

I Believe many definitely hope to see Samantha holding the designation of Show Secretary next year . I think she has done great during this event . Would love to see more life in future events as much as we had seen in the recent one . Good job Samantha . Keep it up .. :)
    As much as the guys here give our support to Brother Hee Heng and Brother Yit Kok , we will give her the same support in her next debut .

David
  • nocturnalnocturnal May 2011
    Hi Dr Semantha :)

wish i was there to meet u in person, seeing the photos u posted, u definitely made it such a fun event :)
    congrats to all that made this show such a successful one!!!

"Sunday , we checked out , had breakfast together in the Hotel and were all at the show site by 10am . Sunday was eventful , with the prize presentation , auctions and meeting-up with the various hobbyists and friends . Debenching started at about 3pm and by 6 pm , it was also time we bidded farewell to all the brothers and friends . On the way back , we drop by Kluang Valley to pay a visit to 2 of our Kluang Hobbyists , Mr Pang and Nocturnal ( ADIK ) . Had one of the finest dinner in Kluang Valley , a short meeting with Adik , and reached Singapore close midnite. The refrigerated Fish Truck arrived this morning at 5 am , and by the time the fishes were released into the qurantine tanks , the Monday Sun rised . A new week began .......... "

Hi Abang David :)

Due to some personal matters , i was no able to attend the show but my heart & mind was there all the time even without my physical presence. got a pleasant phone call from Mason late Sun afternoon that u & Sg brothers are going to do a pit stop in Kluang. although wasn't able to make it for dinner & came late due to some family commitments that was made earlier, i was really happy to meet u in my home town. though the Sg contingent was clearly fatigue, i was still greeted with warm smiles everywhere. thank you for bringing love & brotherhood to me, something that i will not forget :)

adik
  • megatronmegatron May 2011
    Yes, truely agreed that Semantha did a great job. Hey guys I saw her hold a male pretty good during de-bencing, despite the true that she failed to hold the females................eh eh eh...don't be dirty minded. I meant koi!
    Don't ask me why!!!
  • Little_Koi_GalLittle_Koi_Gal May 2011
    Hi Everybody!!! Special Hi to Uncle Zain & Peter Koko!!!! Hahahaha...i'm finally here!!!! My 2 bosses kept asking me to sign-up a new account using my own username and i was a little reluctant.....until i saw the above comment by "megatron" I tak boleh tahan and immediately signed up....so here I am & here we are!!! There's so much fun about Koi!!!

Thank you to all of you for the posts and thanks for all the compliments.....i wish i could have done much better....after reading about Kois & checkin' out on koi events, baru I realized how prestigious the Asia Cup Koi Show should have been!!!! But still, thanks for all your support & kind understanding.....I'm totally a first-timer, didn't even know how to carry a living fish...So when i managed to transfer one of Peter Koko's relatively smaller fish from the pail into the tank without making the fish vomit, i was jumping with joy!!!! Carrying the fish was still ok for me....Big size carries a smaller size no problem; Big size carries another big size, banyak problem!!! Hahaha...guess what, i didn't even know whether the fishes that i carried were males or females....but anyway, the fishes were "so lucky"!!! Juz kiddin'! I just felt that i should try to experience as much as i could. Before the event, i heard the guys talking about benching & debenching, I was so lost & confused until i witnessed the process myself....amusing! At least now i know how to recognize a Kohaku, a Tancho, can merely differentiate Gosanke/Non-Gosanke....and most importantly, i could recognize most of the judges & presidents.....Hahaha....just kidding lah!

If time allows & if I have the opportunity to participate in any koi show, i'll try my best....Anything pls contact my "managers" ---> Peter Koko & Handsome Zain.....so much anticipation & fun!!!! But you gotta remember, I buat kerja tak pandai, buat kacau banyak pandai! :-)

Goodnite to all of you and till we meet again, take care always!
    Koi Forever & Friendship Thru Scales!

Best Regards,
    Little_Koi_Gal
    (Semantha Chia)

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/3006/DSC05310.JPG
    Post edited by Little_Koi_Gal at 2011-05-27 09:47:42 am
    Attachments
    DSC05310.JPG 183K
  • JoshuaChinJoshuaChin May 2011
    anyone got uncle Zain contact number? URGENT!!!!!
    Post edited by JoshuaChin at 2011-05-27 10:20:54 pm
  • Little_Koi_GalLittle_Koi_Gal May 2011
    Joshua, I've sent you Uncle Zain's number through private msg....
  • HWONGHWONG May 2011
    SPECIAL MENTIONS:

Hi All,

There are few dealers who deserve special mentions for aiding the success of the Show & there are in no particular order.

AAKA KOI
    For managing the care, logistics of the Koi Auction. Did not charge the club a cent!

YAMAKOSHI MURA
    For handling all the foreign Kois from Thailand, Indonesia & Hong Kong. It took a lot of effort to bring in these kois. Just for those who did not know. Some of these kois were under severe stress when they arrived and would not have survived! FP Soo took extra-ordinary steps to lower water temps using ice-blocks, brought in oxygen generators to increase dissolved oxygen levels in the water. Checked & adjusted PH to negate Shock to the kois. I salute you & your team members. And hear this, there did all these for free!

CHERAS AQUARIUM
    Mr Yap personally helped sourced Kois from Dainichi & Sakai for the auction. Upon arrival, all the kois were quarantined and taken good care of for at least 2 weeks by Mr Yap.

ATARI KOI MARKETING
    Andrew received all auctioned kois provided by Shinkokai. The 22 kois were rather stressed and needed special attention & they well taken care of for at least 2 weeks.

AROWANA AQUARIUM
    For donating all the salt & anti-chlorine we care to use!

PRESTIGE ENGINEERING
    Raymond donated a few power failure backup systems to be give to winners.
    TQ very very much!
  • PH8PH8 May 2011
    Dato Razif, thanks for the history of your kohaku. Are there anymore development photos of the koi during her earlier years, especially at tosai/nisai? It's always a good study.

As with all hobbyists, you also went through a low period in koi keeping, not too long back, and it makes me really happy to see the way you emerged from it with a big bang! Hope you are enjoying koi keeping again. This hobby is fraught with discouraging setbacks!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership