Opinion needed for this Showas
  • muzamirmuzamir August 2013
    Dear Sifus,

Seek your opinion about this showa before finalizing the purchase. Both are from Dainichi farm and confirm female.
    Thks

http://youtu.be/4qeoaWF9MDs
    Post edited by muzamir at 2013-08-12 01:16:07 pm
  • KChongKChong August 2013
    (Y)
  • Ivanlo24Ivanlo24 August 2013
    Can PM price and who is selling?
    Pics as attached
  • smokersmoker August 2013
    Bro Muzamir, both are superb showas, love them.

Kindly pm the price.
    Bro Smoker,

Thks for your feedback. Pls see inbox for details.
  • grinkz01grinkz01 August 2013
    hi bro muzamir...both are superb showas....if u dont mind pls share dealer info and price.this kind of showa is very rare to be found...thanks a lot
    Bro grinkz01,

Thank you for your comment. Pls see yr inbox fr details.
  • frostbitezfrostbitez August 2013
    very nice showa bro can i get the pm too? :-D
  • pandaipandai August 2013
    Bro @muzamir, PM ALL the details please... :-D
    Get Kenkona Koi and Kenkona Bio at special price online at http://kenkonakoi.blogspot.com/
  • tohon99tohon99 August 2013
    Bro Muzamir, very very nice showas. Could you let me know the dealer and price? Tqvm
  • KekwaKekwa August 2013
    Take the bigger girl. Very good showa indeed.
    Can PM me details as well? Thanks
  • BthineshkumarBthineshkumar August 2013
    (Y) L3
    It's a gud Showa (Y)
  • lautslauts August 2013
    Very nice bro Muzamir (Y) The bigger one may remain kage long term , if you don't mind. Picture and video not so good but check the stomach , a bit showing for a 40cm girl , in last picture. May also be due to uneven container used to bowl. I would go for the smaller showa, more balanced overall, pattern, body etc. If the sumi comes up over the bigger one, it will look more hi showa .

ts
  • AnuarAnuar August 2013
    Bro Muzamir,

I am with Bro Lau, based on my limited past experience, if there is no indication of finished sumi on shiroji, the kage appearance will remain for very long time, unless of course you dont mind that. The smaller one looks better IMO.

Regards.
    Dear All,

Thank you very much for all informative and encouraging feedback. From the first picture the top showa definately has better pattern and darker sumi but downside is beni on second sector appeared to be a bit weak. The bottom showa has bigger body size but full with kage sumi.

I tend to go along wirh bro Lauts and Anuar suggestion to go for smaller one.

Thank you.
  • flamestar1986flamestar1986 August 2013
    bro muzamir, can you PM me the price and dealer for the showa? Thanks!
  • AnuarAnuar August 2013
    Bro Muzamir, ...or wait for Raya auction this weekend... hehe
    Thks bro Anuar.. Hehehe :-D
  • weihanweihan August 2013
    Fantastic showa Bro!! good catch!
  • urbaneffectsurbaneffects August 2013
    Bro. Muzamir

May u advise which dealer supply such nice showas? Also the price range??
    bro muzamir....ur selection is very good makes me drool. thanks for ur pm.
  • gerrygerry August 2013
    Whoa... Nice nice!! I like the kage one... :)
  • KaajKaaj August 2013
    <blockquote rel="Anuar">Bro Muzamir,

I am with Bro Lau, based on my limited past experience, if there is no indication of finished sumi on shiroji, the kage appearance will remain for very long time, unless of course you dont mind that. The smaller one looks better IMO.

Regards.</blockquote>

The kage finishing is also down to many other things including water conditions.
    But IMHO, bloodline is the most important. It has taken 3 years for my isa to finally start her finishing lap, and she is now around the 80cm mark.

• lautslauts August 2013
    Bro Kaaj ,

Long time no see. Isa can take picts ka . See you Sun for the Yamakoshi GO ?

ts

bro lauts...i am curious with ur judgement of kage. i ever been told by friend that kage sumi will be a good sumi if it is black in the center of scales. is this correct? and regarding the time to develop, dainichi showa is pretty famous to have sumi developed later when old.

from the selected showa i found that the kage one having potential of very good sumi while the smaller one is slightly lower (sumi ring is darker than the center of scales).

pls help me to understand about this kage...thanks
  • lautslauts August 2013
    Bro ,

You are quite right on the scale at centre part , it would be better to have at least some scale fully developed. Don't be fooled by those full sumi scale on hi. Looks for those sumi lying on shiroji white. I actually like this showa to be kage, it does not have enough of shiroji and will look hi showa if all the sumi finishes.

ts
    thanks bro lauts. .now i can understand better. but if this kage showa developed its sumi it might be khuro, not hi showa isnt'it?
  • KaajKaaj August 2013
    <blockquote rel="grinkz01">bro lauts...i am curious with ur judgement of kage....dainichi showa is pretty famous to have sumi developed later when old.</blockquote>

Bro Grinkz,
    With all breeders - each oya "pairing" has different and yet many similar characteristics.

Dainich are likely more famous for their sumi finishing early (nisai) which is evident in their kokugyo, sakura, buta2dan bloodlines rather than sumi development later.

There will always be exceptions, and the breeders will move with the times.

Eg, many hobbyists like kindai, hence the breeders pair oya to produce such. If kage showa become a hit, the breeders will likely try to produce showa which stay kage longer.

As for kage, there is no hard and fast rule. Even experienced hobbyist cannot be altogether accurate. Will it finish, will it not finish.....Here are two pics....reverse kage on my showa ;) lol

http://koianswers.com/discussion/download/13795/Isa%20tancho%20showa.jpg

http://koianswers.com/discussion/download/13796/isa%20tancho%20showa%2029cm.june2011.JPG

Bro Lau,
    Long time indeed! Hope the show went well. I have not bowled my koi in some months...will post when i have done as such :)

cheers,
    kaaj

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership