Oxydator & Oxygen Concentrator
  • ShukriShukri October 2010
    It has been a while that the Oxydators have been introduced in the Malaysian markets, and I believe many of us are using the products. Can you share with us your experience? The Pros and Cons with regards to the products.
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
    Post edited by Admin at 2010-10-12 06:36:18 am
  • AndySittAndySitt October 2010
    Some basic info on oxydator. Haven't used this myself so can't really comment.

http://www.aquatechnobel.be/aquaticscience/oxydator/image007.jpg

You may find more info here http://www.aquariumoxygenator.com/

How to use Oxydator

Post edited by AndySitt at 2010-10-12 05:54:03 am
  • bibikoibibikoi October 2010
    seems oklah.... but i personally think the oxygen concentrator much much better... and no need to keep refilling....
    I have a unit. I use it when I have to go overseas or outstation, as a precaution just in case there is no electricity while I am away.

I am thinking of getting an oxygen concentrator, but has not decided on the model as yet.
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
  • bibikoibibikoi October 2010
    get the one from Atari... i'm using the same one and great results.... you can turn off a lot of hi-blows... and the oxygen levels can be fantastic! the price they sell is much more reasonable as well....
    What's the Model and how much?
    You can PM me.........
    bro I suggest using the Oxygen Concentrator.. Its uses 450W of electricity but I think the O2 output is way higher than the Oxydator..
    Honestly, I have been thinking of acquiring one ages ago, but didnt quite get to getting one as yet.
    Hi bro,

Got this info about Oxygen Concentrator.

Basically:

The simplest oxygen concentrator is capable of continuous delivery of oxygen and has internal functions based around two cylinders, filled with a zeolite material, which selectively adsorbs the nitrogen in the air. In each cycle, air flows through one cylinder where the nitrogen molecules are captured by the zeolite, while the other cylinder is vented off to ambient atmospheric pressure allowing the captured nitrogen to dissipate.

The benefits of oxygen concentrator for koi keeping:

1. Increases the Total Dissolved Oxygen Level
    2. Higher level of Oxygen increases the fish's appetite
    3. Helps the good bacteria in the water to strive
    4. Increase clarity of the water
    5. Can be use to pack your fish instead of using an Oxygen canister
    Post edited by AndySitt at 2010-10-13 06:08:07 am

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership