Any Shiro Bekko for sale?
  • ShukriShukri October 2010
    I am looking for a quality Shiro Bekko with reasonable price. Anyone who is interested to sell his or her koi, please show your picture and Email to me your price.
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
    Post edited by Shukri at 2010-10-04 10:42:40 am
  • AaronGohAaronGoh October 2010
    Hi Sukri,
    Just got this baby last week, lets see how it turn out. All comment are well come,
    Aaron
    +60123182002
  • etanoetano October 2010
    Bro, do you consider this a shiro bekko?

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/197/43558961.jpg
    MyKoiKichi.com ~ A new koi blog.
    Post edited by AndySitt at 2010-10-06 01:48:10 pm
    Aaron
    +60123182002
    Post edited by AndySitt at 2010-10-06 01:50:17 pm
    Hi Elmen,
    I will say this is a shiro utsuri because the sumi seem to be below the lateral line of the koi. As for bekko, the sumi are prefer to be above the lateral line.
    Or I would say a shiro utsuri is a showa without hi pattern and a shiro bekko is a sanke without hi pattern.
    Aaron
    +60123182002
    Aaron
    +60123182002
    Post edited by AndySitt at 2010-10-07 05:49:19 am
    Hi Elmen,
    The definition by Aaron is correct, but then again it is not a Shiro Utsuri. So if I have to classify the fish, well it can be a Shiro Bekko. If not? then what type?
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
  • FPSooFPSoo October 2010
    Sukri,

I have 1 fish turned from Tancho Sanke to Shiro Bekko, nice but need a little time for recovery after the Thai's cosmetic surgeon procedure some 2 weeks ago. Will offer it to you when it is ready... good sumi pattern and body too. Sakai's bloodline.

FP
    Bro Soo,
    I am interested....let me know of further details. Thanks.

Shukri
    Bro Sukri,

I will be away to BKK tomorrow and back on Thursday and will check out the fish condition and let you know status...

FP
    Brother Soo,
    Thanks so much......
    Bro Sukri,

here is the Tancho Sanke turned Bekko for your review. Have not fully recovered, need another 4~6 weeks before can see complete recovery... Original bloodline from Sakai (but not able to identify which one as it was auction bid fish in a lot).

FP
    http://www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/146/DSC_0382.JPG
    Post edited by Shukri at 2010-10-16 09:00:51 am
    Attachments
    DSC_0382.JPG 328K
    Soo san, Is this a female? And what is the size? PM me the price of the koi.......
    Post edited by Shukri at 2010-10-16 08:49:57 am
  • JamesJames October 2010
    Bro Soo, u mean can surgically remove the red head ar? How much does this cost ? I have a tancho showa with split beni in the head. Can u advise if I can do the same for it to become shiro, cos really nice body and sumi.

http://koianswers.com/discussion/download/147/Tancho%20Showa.JPG
    Post edited by James at 2010-10-16 09:25:41 am
    Bro Sukri,

the size is 32cm and sex is 90% female. Will PM you the price later...

Bro James,

Yes, we surgically turn the tancho sanke to a Bekko in this case. For your shiro, it is not advisable to turn it to a shiro as the is not enough sumi on the head. Keeping this fish the way now is the best in my opinion.

For surgical cost, it depends on how major the procedure and I have a surgeon specialize in this field and he is based in Thailand. He will be in Malaysia once per quarter and we offer customer such cosmetic surgery services. Normally cost range between few hundred to a thousand Ringgit.

FP
  • AndySittAndySitt October 2010
    wah bro nice sumi pattern on this ex-tancho.. good stuff...
    Bro Soo, tks for advise... guess i have another koi for syok sendiri but not koi show again. really a waste, it's growing/bulking fast..
    Bro James,

Your thought may not be right. You are just referring to the pattern of your fish. In any competition (ZNA or Shinkokai) , both will give priority to body configuration, then quality of skin (glossiness) , hi , shiroji and sumi before pattern come to play. Therefore with good body structure (smooth and balance body line like the Miss Universe ), you got most of the points... Assuming if there is only 2 fish to compare, one with a perfect tancho but slim body and poor skin quality versus your good body line plus good skin and sumi + shiroji, the judges will chose your fish instead...

Don't give up this fish since it has a good body structure...

FP
    Bro Soo, tks. I was about to dispose of it 3-weeks back. lucky i was too busy that time to pay attention to my pond... other than that how should this koi be improved? Cosmetically remove the small hi patch?
  • Denn7Denn7 October 2010
    That's a very nice Tancho Showa bro....
  • M_ZAINM_ZAIN October 2010
    Bro Tan Sri,

Your Tancho Showa is not as Nice as James's leh....

Better throw it in my Pond loh...
    Regards,

M. Zain
    +6019 333 3675
    Denning, why they call u tan sri ar? Did I miss something? U like this better than your own? I think I like yours better than mine!!

Bro Zain, can you comment how you compare the 2 tancho showas? No disrespect to Tan Sri but I need to learn. Going on koi hunting trip soon. My tancho showa picture was taken before Mini Koi Show. It's grown longer some more and the stray secondary hi is reducing.

http://koianswers.com/discussion/download/158/CompareTanchoShowa.jpg
    Post edited by James at 2010-10-17 02:54:05 am
    Your Sumi is more Finished then Tan Sri's...

Denning's the only Tan Sri with his Tan Sri endorsed in his IC,....no other Tan Sri will have their Tan Sri endorsed in their IC not even 'Tun'.....^_^
    Regards,

M. Zain
    +6019 333 3675
    aii...itu saja....i see...so in years to come it can easily be overcomed by Denning's when his sumi finishes?
    James, if you want a sure champion, buy a ready made one like our bro Andy.......
    Sure can win one.........
    It's not just winning.... Since I am redoing my pond I oso want to change my collection to show koi. So I just wanted to learn what should b kept and what not. Of course there should b good mixture of current and future koi so that it's nice to look at too.
    <blockquote rel="Shukri">James, if you want a sure champion, buy a ready made one like our bro Andy.......
    Sure can win one.........</blockquote>

Haha bro.. agree for big fish you have to buy ready fish for show... Previously you can win shows with "old" fish but lately all the winners of competition flew in directly from Japan for the show.

As for my fish during the recent koi show.. most are cheap fish bought at 15cm. The one that won best in size kohaku (35bu) cost less than RM1000. Several others that won in the MKS cost less than RM200 (Zain helped me pick most of the fishes when in came to Atari). My expensive fishes has never been to any show cause they are all in Japan...
    So the trick is bring 1 sifu in your shopping bag..... Great to know it's about skill and not just money... Makes the hobby a hobby and not show off of wealth. Cool.
  • KaajKaaj October 2010
    Bro Zain,
    Please dont be a pain. Why should TAN SRI have to drive all the way to your house which is >10km away? It is more convenient for him to drop off his tancho showa in my pond which is walking distance :)))) I have already cleared 9 koi for its arrival.

TAN sri,
    Your tancho is nice, and i am willing to take it off your hands if you are worried about it :)

Bro Andy,
    How do you monitor the fish in japan? Do you leave them to the breeders to decide on show participation and which ones are show worthy etc?
  • BenjaminGohBenjaminGoh October 2010
    <blockquote rel="Kaaj">Bro Zain,
    Please dont be a pain. Why should TAN SRI have to drive all the way to your house which is >10km away? It is more convenient for him to drop off his tancho showa in my pond which is walking distance :)))) I have already cleared 9 koi for its arrival.

TAN sri,
    Your tancho is nice, and i am willing to take it off your hands if you are worried about it :)

Bro Andy,
    How do you monitor the fish in japan? Do you leave them to the breeders to decide on show participation and which ones are show worthy etc?</blockquote>

Aiya.. Why must he walk to your house.. I will go to his house straightaway! haha
    Hi Kaaj,

My fish in Japan are just the above general grade for them. There are many good stuff and not easy to even qualifyfor shows.. Participation and handling fees for one fish is more than the price of 1 tank here man... The easiest way to participate in Japan show is to buy from Narita and pay the fees.. They will handle it for you but its not cheap.
    Aiyoo Bai.....sudah kena potong Trip....the Jumbo Tosai very Garang wor...
    Regards,

M. Zain
    +6019 333 3675
  • KaajKaaj October 2010
    Ecopark security on look-out for jumbo tosai and oyagoi :)
  • KaajKaaj October 2010
    Bro Andy,
    Why did you choose to keep them in Japan if it is so competitive?
    Wah this Tancho Showa generating so much attention....me very low profile Tan Sri lah....maybe better bring this Tancho back to daddy Elmen until I can build a proper pond ;)
    Here's a pic taken by Elmen earlier in June. Better pose for comparison.

http://www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/182/Miyatora%20Tancho%20Showa.M.46cm.JPG

Post edited by Denn7 at 2010-10-18 02:06:20 am
    Bro Denn, better to have a koi to talk about than otherwise...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership