• Birdman520Birdman520 August 2013
    How long do you have to run filters for and uv in 24 hours
    The pond size 10.000 Lts
    Birdman
  • mangkellmangkell August 2013
    24/7... Non stop Dude... :-t
    Mickeyko Ducati-Kujamon Chagreemon Brabus#Sexy-Robust
  • MfwleeMfwlee August 2013
    A body of water can be self sustaining and rely on nature to keep it in a condition conducive to life. The problem starts when we add something like our koi to a small body of water. These guys pollute the water and upset the delicate natural balance.

When this happens, you can do 2 things.
    1. Have fresh ( and dechlorinated ) running water through the pond to refresh it continuously.
    2. Boost the pond's natural cleansing ability by adding filters.

How long to run the filters and uv ? It depends on your stocking density. Most of us are overstocked to the extent that we run our filters and uv 24/7 - and, we still have to keep a close check on the quality of our water. What do you intend to put into your pond ?
    Mike Lee
    Thanks for your reply we let the filters and uv run for 2weeks before we added the 26 6" to 8" koi i
    In I have the oase 16000 filter system
    Cheers
  • MfwleeMfwlee August 2013
    I think that you have been very careful - just a reminder. A pond without fish will not result in a mature filter - you actually need the mess that they make in order for the filters to start doing their job !
    It would be normal to link everything up - then gradually release the koi in the pond - a few at a time, over a few days. This is to allow the filter to slowly mature, rather than to load it all of a sudden.
    Since it has already been done, quickly use a bacteria kick start solution, and monitor your pond on a daily basis. Read up a bit on New Pond Syndrome ( NPS )
    Welcome to the club and have a great time with your new hobby ! :)
    Mike Lee
  • BthineshkumarBthineshkumar August 2013
    Agree as Bro Mike suggest. Let the filter mature. Please add in bacteria starter, change 30% water daily and maintain salt at 0.5% for two to three weeks until all are over. You would get green water, but don;t worry, it would eventually clear up

Cheers :)
    many thanks you 2 but forgot to tell you after 2 days running i did put in a bacteria starter
    so i will take on board what you have said
    cheers

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership