Inject vitamin B12 to increase the appetite of your kois
  • ShukriShukri October 2010
    You can inject via IM (somewhere near the tail area either above or lower than the lateral line) 1ml of B12 to increase the appetite of your kois. In most cases, it is only done once. For those kois that are already eating well, there is no reason or necessity to inject these kois with B12.
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
  • AndySittAndySitt October 2010
    There are several koi kichi who swears by B12. Many claims that it give the fish a good hump and increases its appetite. Most fed them B12 tablets or add B12 solution into the food..
  • bibikoibibikoi October 2010
    I believe B12 actually helps bulk up bodies... you can google it... 'cyanocobalamin'.... its not only the added appetite... what's more important is the conversion of protein into muscle... sort of like a bodybuilder.... cyanocobalamin acts as a protein synthesizer... and this is how the muscles on the kois are built up.... no use feeding good, expensive food, if the fish cannot absorb or convert the protein... that's why i believe its actually a very important part of the diet....
  • ShukriShukri October 2010
    Very true. From time to time, I inject my kois with B12. Most have shown positive results.
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
    Post edited by Shukri at 2010-10-05 03:07:52 pm
    bibikoi used to give tablets and now he uses pure B12 added to the food.. I am sure he uses the same vitamin for himself.. Look at him early this year and now... 'cyanocobalamin' at work!!
    If you look at the video below, it does proof that B12 creates muscle/hump.

Post edited by koianswers at 2010-10-06 06:46:56 am
  • bibikoibibikoi October 2010
    <blockquote rel="AndySitt">bibikoi used to give tablets and now he uses pure B12 added to the food.. I am sure he uses the same vitamin for himself.. Look at him early this year and now... 'cyanocobalamin' at work!! </blockquote>

hahaha,,... yalah.... that's why i recommend you take it too! :p
  • ashfaqashfaq December 2010
    Nice Suggestion...
    Thanks,
    Ashfaq from India-Chennai

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership