Keeping Koi's with predatory fishes
  • ChengAunChengAun February 2011
    The following person is trying to mix koi's with predatory fishes like arowana's etc...
    Be updated in the world of koi. Jangankan seperti "Koi di bawah bottom drain"
  • JoshuaChinJoshuaChin February 2011
    i dun think the koi will survive long inside the pond
    Uncle Joshua, this is not my pond. but i agree not a good idea. i recomended the person to separate the pond in half.
  • lautslauts February 2011
    Wow,

Expensive to feed Japanese kois to arowanas , Pacu , turtles , etc :O
    Get those feeder carps la.

What a pity.

ts
  • JoshuaChinJoshuaChin February 2011
    ur fren pond ar?
    Uncle TS,
    ya loh. pity those koi's. quite nice tancho and kohaku leh...
    Uncle Joshua,
    no lah , not my friend.. i dont know him..just another youtube user... :)
  • lautslauts February 2011
    Lucky not you CA. Else get kick out from this koianswers forum. :-))
    For cruelty to kois :-))

ts
    how can it be me eh...koi kichi
  • ChengAunChengAun June 2011
    And here is the tragic result, few months later :(

• DanleeDanlee June 2011
    OMG......this is terrible!!!! Good luck to the 3 koi he still has in his pond.....
    Post edited by Danlee at 2011-06-29 03:52:55 pm
  • lautslauts June 2011
    X( X( X(

Marinating the koi to be fried or something X( X( the Japanese powder is very acidic will burn the poor thing. Its like pouring hydrogen perokside on a burn victim , and see it bubble ... (swear) (swear)
    The koi is being eaten alive probably by the pacus (related to Piranhas) and the turtle , bit by bit.

Whoever you are , give up keeping kois with the rest of the carnivours . They cannot tell the difference between the kois and feeder carps you throw in as food. bangheadbanghead

ts

• StevieStevie June 2011
    Cruelest of all living things = Human. I mean WE, not some of us but all of us because we allow some of us to do it and continue to do it. 8-x ^:)^ and this is what we will do at most X_X banghead X( and some of us :-)) joining the fun
    Post edited by Stevie at 2011-06-29 07:53:58 pm
  • ChengAunChengAun June 2011
    (swear) (swear)
  • farikfarik June 2011
    It is just like putting yourself in a cage with a lion...... speechless!!!!
  • StevieStevie June 2011
    Never mind. I bring in a gun. Not to shoot at the lion but the lock. Come out and shoot whoever put me in there. :-))
  • megatronmegatron June 2011
    My heart fell.............. :(|)
    Don't ask me why!!!
  • KoiBeginnerKoiBeginner June 2011
    Pathetic loser.

• ShukriShukri July 2011
    This is Nishikigoi keeping for goodness sake.........treat with care else, rear Tasmanian Devils as well.......... :-W
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
  • weihanweihan July 2011
    Poor koi. Btw the pH requirement for both koi an arowana is different, either one of those fish won't stay healthy :/
  • ChengAunChengAun July 2011
    These are not mine btw :)
  • KoiBeginnerKoiBeginner July 2011
    Ya bro ChengAun, I was refering to the guy in the Video.
  • ChengAunChengAun March 2013
    Surprisingly we were quite wrong on this topic. The person now is still keeping the other 3 koi's very successfully with arowana's, arapaima's, pacu's, you name it, it's there. All living together healthily and in peace.
  • IzrulIzrul March 2013
    amazing..red tail catfish..alligator gar,arapaima,arowana..pheww...u dont want to put ur hands into his pond
  • BthineshkumarBthineshkumar March 2013
    All kind of predators are in there. The owner must make sure the fishes are not kept hungry as once their hungry, they'll become angry and eat each other banghead . Very tough and high maintenance ooo :O
    Post edited by Bthineshkumar at 2013-03-12 12:28:59 pm
  • MfwleeMfwlee March 2013
    I, for one, have always admired the animal trainers who romp with their Tigers / Lions etc. It is fantastic to see how they can bond.
    The question I would have is whether they actually allow the big cats into their houses / bedrooms 24/7 ?
    If not, why not ?
    Like BT says ... everybody had better be well fed, and I would also add, calm and contented.
    Mike Lee
  • weihanweihan March 2013
    you also wont want to accidentally fall into his pond :-)) :-)) :-))
  • KoiBeginnerKoiBeginner March 2013

His latest update. Heard his moving his fishes to another bigger pond when his new house is ready. Crazy!
    Real fish enthusiast. Hard core. And, he's unmarried, so no complaints from the HM :-))
  • KoiBeginnerKoiBeginner March 2013
    @chengaun

Same la bro. We also got no complaints ma :P
    :-)) But we got our limits to it also, this one is real hard core xD
  • MikeMike March 2013
    <blockquote rel="weihan">you also wont want to accidentally fall into his pond :-)) :-)) :-)) </blockquote>
    I second that ... wipe sweat man if you identically fall into it or if the BD needs adjustment ...
    So says you, he actually swims in there sometimes :-))
    Actually most of the fishes usually won't harm you (Except the pacu, which are known to eat more than the usual "nuts" :-D )
    Post edited by ChengAun at 2013-03-23 08:05:05 am
  • TanSriTanSri August 2013
    Whichever kois I want to cull, I put them in my arapaima pond. Giving them a japanese treat once a while. They love konishi karashi especially..The ones which unable to go beyond the 1metre mark.
  • ChengAunChengAun August 2013
    Wah poor kois, lucky arapaima eh

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership