kohaku having popeye???
  • jackyolkjackyolk February 2011
    add salt to 0.65 , one tons 6.5kg , also stop feeding for a week, it will recover soon..

Regards,
    jacky ong

JK KOI CENTRE
    Post edited by jackyolk at 2011-02-08 05:22:30 am
  • JoshuaChinJoshuaChin February 2011
    salt to 0.65% and stop feeding? The koi can survive on this salt level?
  • jackyolkjackyolk February 2011
    No Problem, You can add 5kg salt per ton first , 2hours later add 1.5kg per ton. It will recover very fast. I aways treat my fishers when it sick. Salt is the better way.

Bro Jacky, thanks for your advice :) will try tomorrow
    Post edited by JoshuaChin at 2011-02-08 08:31:19 am
    any other brother got good suggestion?
  • ShukriShukri February 2011
    I have tried salting until plus 0.7%, no problem. If it is 1.002% salt then already equivalent to sea water and at this level, your fish will not survive.
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
    y koi having popeye? :/
  • ShukriShukri February 2011
    Sometimes due to genetic, but if the normal eyes are not bulging, then suddenly it does, then the fish has internal bacteria infection.
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
    actually the kohaku belongs to a kichi here, the koi has popeye after he change 15% of his pond water
  • WinlimWinlim May 2011
    Bro,

What finally happened to your koi with the popeye? Did it go back to original? How did you do it?
  • JoshuaChinJoshuaChin May 2011
    Bro Winlim,
    apologize for the late reply, i treated the koi with Yellow powder n 0.5% salt. The koi fully recover after 2 weeks :)
  • WinlimWinlim May 2011
    Bro Joshua,

You put the Yellow power in the eye?
    put into pond water la bro
  • WinlimWinlim May 2011
    Oh! Ok Ok
    dosage 5gm-10gm per ton of water
  • JSCJSC October 2012
    Hi Winlim, just curious if you treat the entire pond with 0.5% salt and Yellow powder at 5g-10g per ton of water? Or you treat your Kohaku in a separate tank? I have some 2 kohaku with popeye for almost 6months and was thinking that it cannot be cured. Also, I was under the impression that the popeye is due to the high salt level?
  • WinlimWinlim October 2012
    Bro Joshua. I think you will be more experienced to answer Bro JSC's question.
  • JoshuaChinJoshuaChin October 2012
    Bro JSC, popeye may be due to internal bacteria infection. What is your water parameter currently? do u salt ur pond?
  • ashfaqashfaq October 2012
    Now brother Joshua should be called as Arowana Man :)
    Thanks,
    Ashfaq from India-Chennai
  • JoshuaChinJoshuaChin October 2012
    Bro Ashfaq,
    I'm still in koi :)
  • JSCJSC October 2012
    Hi Bro Joshua, my (2)kohaku and (1)tancho sanke have been having popeye for more than six months. My pond parameters are as follow: Ammonia=0, PH=7.6, Salt=2ppt(0.2%). Use to have salt up to .5% previously but after reading many articles on internet it seems like Salt may be the reason that my Koi has popeye. Very confused now! My pond is expose to rain water and run off from the roof. Just lost a 61cm Sanke due to Swim Bladder Disease last week. Also, some of my kois are flashing and some parking at base after the heavy rain over the weekend. Now, I am seriously thinking about salting up to 0.6% and see if that can solve my pond problem. Thank you for your advise!
  • farikfarik October 2012
    bro win lim,
    i think your problem would be solved if you cover and divert the rain water from running into the pond...i had the same problem when i first started.... that was back in2003, coz from the roof there is a lot of bird poo, cat poo, dead rats and other decaying materials that will be washed down into your pond and brings together a whole bunch of unwanted bacterias and god knows what else....you should settle the root cause of the problem rather than medicating unnecessarily..... sorry bro joshua forhijacking ...just giving my 1 cent...
  • WinlimWinlim October 2012
    Bro Farik,

Actually the Bro asking requesting assistance is Bro Joshua.
  • farikfarik October 2012
    Bro winlim,
    Thousand apologies.....maybe i was drowsy with too much cough mixture.....
  • JSCJSC October 2012
    Hi All Brothers who has experience with popeye. I have 2 kohaku and 1 tancho with popeye for more than 6 months. After reading this treat, I salted my 10tons ponds to 0.65% with 20g of PP last Monday. Today (i.e 4days later), the 3 kois with popeye are still with popeye and I really think the popeye may be permanent?! These are 3 years old koi about 50+cm in sizes. Any other experience koi sifu can help me find a way to treat these kois?? Pond parameters: Ammonia=0, PH=7.8, Salt=0.62%. Thanks a million in advanced..
  • BthineshkumarBthineshkumar October 2012
    Bro, a picture would be helpful for the sifu's to advice
  • JSCJSC November 2012
    HI Brothers, here is a picture of my 2 kohaku with popeye. Any comments on how to fixe the problem will be grateful. Thanks.
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/10419/KoiPopeye2.jpg
  • niveknivek November 2012
    Bro JSC, check your water quality condition. Seems to bit a bit dirty from the photo.
    Post edited by nivek at 2012-11-05 09:18:27 am
  • JSCJSC November 2012
    Hi Brother Nivek, the water is gin clear and what you see is the reflection. My parameters are as follow: Ammonia 0, PH 7.7, Nitrate 0, Nitrite 100ppm, O2 6ppm, Salt 2.5ppm. I am just wondering if anything can be done to fix my kois popeye and seems like the condition is rather permanent. To all the sifu, I am not trying to reduce my salt level and hoping that will solve my koi popeye.
  • ShukriShukri November 2012
    If all water parameters are OK, and your kois are not infected, then it is just the kois......

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership