Sores and Ulcers (mostly caused by Aeromonas and Pseudomonas) in Kois
  • ShukriShukri October 2010
    Sores, Ulcers and Fin Rots are often than not caused by the above two bacteria which are Gram Negative bacteria. Treatment usually involves antibiotics in feeds (enrofloxacin), in the water (combination of Oxytetracycline + Tetracycline or Melafix) or by injections (Romikacin or Amikacin or Ciprofloxacin). Injections are either administered through IM or IP. Salt (NACL) will not be effective at progressive stages.
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
  • koikitkoikit October 2010
    Hi Shukri..

will apply PP only works?

cheers
    kit
    Yeah, PP in the water will take care of the swimming bacteria in the water, PP as topical application will heal the sores. Bacteria in the body can be cured through feed, and of course injections are proven to be so far the most effective way to cure.

In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
  • M_ZAINM_ZAIN October 2010
    Totally agreed with Shukri, Antibiotic Injections by far the most effective.

I've tried Interpet Anti Ulcer & What Not, iit's all waste of money.

Antibiotic must always be Done as a Course, min of 3days. I find the most Effective Antibiotic for Ulcer is Lyncomycin.
    Malacite Green can be use as Tropical Application.
    Regards,

M. Zain
    +6019 333 3675
    Bro Zain,
    It is good that Lyncomycin is effective for you which I have yet to try. As for me, it is the Ciprofloxacin that has not yet failed for me. It is very important here that the dosage have to be correct else, the injections could be ineffective. In the past I have tried Romikacin, Amikacin and Omoxycillin. Again, most of the time I have successes with these but not all the time.
    I have a potent one called Bactrium, but so far I have not had a case that I need to use it. Avoid Gentamycin and Kanamycin as these can destroy the fish organs e.g. liver, kidney etc.
    Penicillin can also be administered at times.

Enrofloxacin (normally called Baytril) is another one, normally added in feed meal.

Post edited by Shukri at 2010-10-14 04:26:13 pm
  • Kelvin86Kelvin86 October 2010
    Bro Sukri, how about Ciprobay?
    - Aquatic Kingdom -
  • M_ZAINM_ZAIN October 2010
    Bro Shukri,

According to Dr.Rahim all the Antibiotic which ends with 'cin' is about the same except, Gentamycin & Kanamycin, your right about these 2 can destroy the Organs.

I've Tried Gentamycin Once, after 1 day of Injections my Koi Really Commit Suicide leh....

Bro Kelvin,

Ciprobay is also a Broad Spektrum Antibiotic, I personally has never Used it before until todate.

As per Dr.Rahim's advise, any Antibiotic Jabs must be Administerd 3 days in a role otherwise the Subject can get Immune to the Particular Antibiotic if it's Jab only Once.
    Regards,

M. Zain
    +6019 333 3675

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership