the koi pond of Nicolas
  • HDCuHDCu June 2013
    Interesting shape but I dont get the logic of the narrow path with three big square step and a small square area where the hanging feeder is located.. In the picture the narrow path with the steps seems to have stagnated water as compared in the middle of the pond where there is clear water movement.. Why wasnt the design just extended to make it a bigger rectangular and easier to circulate the water instead of this shape when there is clearly enough space available.
    Post edited by HDCu at 2013-06-18 05:36:30 pm
  • aquatechnobelaquatechnobel June 2013
    the choice of the design was made from the owner his wife, you no with wife it is not so ease to make something simple to handle, but in fact you have see one of the problem of this pond, to resolved it at the back just on the feeder, you have a skimmer, this one make the movement of the water
    Yes it is not ideal, but it work not so bad
    If you look in front of the picture, the same problem and also the same solution

Skimmers here have two functions, skim and also move the water

I hope that you have a good answer

Patrick
  • HDCuHDCu June 2013
    Hi Patrick,

Doesnt the skimmer just get the water on the surface of the pond. Does the small space at the front and back of pond have a bottom drain or tpr to move the middle and bottom part? I dont see aeration agitating this part of the pond.
    no aeration no bottom drain just the skimmers, but the place is so small that the skimmer is sufficient to move enough water, you have maybe 40cm water (10") at this place

Yes I no, this is not the best configuration, but don't forget that France is new in the koi world and need also to learn, but the koi's don't like it and me to

The pond design is good for the look but only for the look

Patrick
  • TaiFeiTaiFei June 2013
    A simple,bare rectangular concrete pond would be far better than this pond. The water colour in the narrow area can already tell you the story. Je vous suggere de Nicolas to convert the narrow area to a nice jacuzzi.

Patrick, what is so magnifique about this pond that it posted over here so that the whole world gets to see this pond on koianswers? Tell us...sil vous plait. It is because it merely designed by his wife that makes this pond very fantastique?
    Post edited by TaiFei at 2013-06-18 09:51:26 pm
    not yet

I have my website also for the French people, when à go somewhere I make pictures of watt I see and video also, and I share it with other website when I think that the report can give some ideas for decoration or landscape

People take out watt he wants and its all flock

to do this I travel allot, I hope to show two other ponds of Scandinavia with hight technique to handle the water, I am shore that lot of people will have a good interest of it because its the result of many years test

I have also participate to the development of this two koi pond, long reflection on how the water work and watt are the consequence on the grow of fish, but also on the colours and skin quality and in a country no adapt for koi keeping

but that is for the future

So actually I can only propose some ponds from my trips over France, it is not the best but I be leave that she do better in a short time because the people understand the priority of a good water before a good design of the pond, the filtering is in diet case a very important post in building a pond

I am sorry for my very bad English

Patrick
  • TaiFeiTaiFei June 2013
    Ju vous comprends...merci pour le partage de koi pond photos.
  • pslongpslong June 2013
    I like the look and finishing touches. Nice

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership