• huatyhuaty January 2011
    Hi all, am having some of my koi pop eye after i have my pond cleaned. Currently pond salt under 0.3%. What shd i do, any medicine that shd i apply? I had the affected fish put under quarantine tank wt 0.5% salted as recommended by some sifu. Any other advice. Can the pop eye heal by itself without applying any medicine. Please advice.
  • JoshuaChinJoshuaChin January 2011
    try OF anti internal bacteria & ulcer away....use b4 very good
  • ChengAunChengAun January 2011
    Huaty,

quickly treat it with what bro Joshua said because if you dont treat it fast it will be fatal..
    Be updated in the world of koi. Jangankan seperti "Koi di bawah bottom drain"
  • huatyhuaty January 2011
    CA/Joshua, thanks for your immediate response. Currently i had quarantine them separately wt 0.5% Salt 2 days ago, this morning I had add the Furapond2 fr JBL, which recommended by my friend when every time his fish got any problem this will help. It contain Sodium-Nifurstyrenate a yellow table acts against the internal/external bacterial infection in Koi. Not sure about the result, fish is like normal except the pop eyes. Will update 2 days later on if it help. Thanks.
  • JoshuaChinJoshuaChin January 2011
    Bro Huaty,
    pop eye usually are infected by internal bacteria, u should reduce your salt level to 0.3%....0.5% is for very serious case. do u check whether the medicine can mix with salt or not? check your qt water parameter (ammonia n etc). try to change your qt water 20%-50% daily. this is what i do normally :) just my 2 cents opinion.
  • CitrusCitrus July 2013
    I have one fish with popeye and I have tried to treat him three times with antibiotics (maracyn two). Is it something he can pass to other fish I have in my tank. Is it a infection that is contagious? What is the best form of treatment if maracyn two doesn't work. He seems to be hitting the top of the tank a lot and I am starting to think since he is the only one jumping that maybe his eyes could be swelling from hitting his head against the top of the tank. Please advise.
  • CitrusCitrus July 2013
    Is it possible my fish that is hitting the top of the tank has pop eye or in this case actually just swelling of the eyes do to trauma?
  • dennis68dennis68 July 2013
    One of my fish have pop eye last week ,add fresh water about 5% , recover in 2days .

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership