VIVA KOI- Live Mocrobes For Koi (product introduced during the Shinkokai)
  • ikankoikauikankoikau January 2011
    Hi everyone,

I just want to share my findings on the new product which was introduced during the Shinkokai show recently. And I hope you can share your input and confirm wx you have the same result. Those of you who were there must have passed thru the counter which promoting under Go Sanke koi dealer. The product is Viva Koi.

As recommended, I started using this product on the last day of the show since my 2 kohakus started getting pop eyes and one of it was starting to get fungus on the head. I was told by bro Jemy (from SIN) that it did help when his kois were showing some abnormal behaviours. But I cant really tell as there was no water tester to carry out the test and to confirm the functions claimed.

Well, yesterday afternoon, I took one of my shiro(above 45cm) to mix with the two kohakus which are still in the quarantine tank. The shiro was just finished eating and I purposely did this to checked the product against ammonia, nitrite and nitrate(as claimed) and just to make sure no reaction between them before I release the 2 kohakus.

This morning, I did a water test. Normally my QT will indicate zero Ammonia and Nitrite but a lot of Nitrate as there are bacs funtioning in the QT filter. I was using SERA test kits and to my surprice, Ammonia & Nitrite readings were ZERO and Nitrate was ZERO too:O Where the "hell" is the nitrate goes??? Tot of tester faulty, I did a nitrate test using my pond water and the indication was norm(above 50 as usual).

Other findings, the fungus is 100% cleared. Pop eyes 100% cleared and skin redenning(due stress) also 100% cleared. I maintained 0.3 salt with Misaki S1 for 2 days then using Blagdon Anti Ulser(Interpet)with almost zero salinity till now. Normally I will do a partial water change after one day when treating normal eating koi from pond just to reduced nitrate or Ammonia/Nitrite if present. But since all the reading are super good, I just maintained the same water. Will do another test tommorow.

On the kois, didnt hear any bumping sound of koi trying to jump and they looked calm. For all other hobbyist who have used this product, appreciate if you can confirm and share the findings.
    Thank you. Regards.
    Post edited by ikankoikau at 2011-01-13 08:50:24 pm
  • koikitkoikit January 2011
    any picture captain?
    hi bro kit,

Hmmm.... I have the pamplet. Maybe later I will scan.

Btw spoke to Mr Eddy Chong(dealer for Viva Koi) just now, he told me that the live bacs handle all elements and the Nitrate is converted to Nitrogen and O2. It must be gassed into the air then. If it works as claimed, this is a magic product that all kichis are waiting for.

If you want further detail bro, just call him directly +6012 6122600. He might have the soft copy.
    Thanks bro...
  • lautslauts January 2011
    Bro Capt,

As i understand it, reduction of nitrate to ultimately nitrogen ( denitrification) is in o2 depleted environment. Hence nitrate is utilised in place of o2. Am sure you pond have many hiblows to prevent this from happening. :)

ts
    Bro Lau,

So far I only use Viva for my QT. My only source of aeration for the QT is the water fall from the filter box, which I think good enough for the kois. From your info and test, does it mean that my QT has insufficient aeration? I hv not measured TDO in my QT but the water looks pretty strong trashing the surface. Hopefully Eddy can explain further on this. Not sure if he is a member in this forum.

I plan to use it for my pond after my nx trip as I got more time to monitor and carry out water test. Further more I only bought 1L bttle of Viva(recommended dosage is 1L per 10ton per month). At this time, the priority is for the QT but I started to add to the koi pallets this afternoon. It claimed that it is good for koi stomach and general health too.

Bro Capt,

From what i understand from my Bio days , nitrate conversion to nitrogen is in low 02 environment. Bacts use the O2 in nitrate formation instead. This will not be the case in your QT or Pond set up. I do hear abt possibilities to convert nitrite direct to nitrogen , with special bacterias and under certain condition. Sorry ah sound so "pro" but actually can find it in Wiki. Not the leak but pedia. :-D

:) :)
    ts
    Hahaha... You still remember the Bio days ah?? What a great memory :) I only can remember chapter 16 which was Human Production topic. Once a while I still carry out the practical exercise base on that topic. Twice I hv proven that the theory was right back then. :-))
  • JoshuaChinJoshuaChin January 2011
    Captain,
    any more info for this product? Planning to get some to sell in KK if it is real good :)
  • JemJem January 2011
    Hi All,

I wish to thank Bro Hee Heng, Bro Aaron, Bro Paul and all the helpful people from Viva Koi for the kind assistance they rendered to me on the morning of 8JAN2011.

For some strange reason my koi in tanks 51 & 52 were floating lethargically at the surface (compared to the previous day they were swimming happily ). Bro Wong tested the water for ammonia and he confirmed that the level was too high and we had to do a quick water change. However, after the 30% water change the koi were still listless and I feared I might lose all eight of them. Believe me, it was a frightful experience.

Then along came Bro Aaron who recommended me "Live Mocrobes" from Viva Koi. He told me he also suffered high ammonia level in his show tanks but after using live microbes his koi are faring better. I took his suggestion and talked to Jannie and Toshinori -san and their other executives who convinced me that live microbes really worked. I am pleased to say that after the first application the 6 koi in tank no 52 showed remarkable recovery, followed by the 2 large koi in tank no 51.

Although we used the water in the same tanks to bag the koi when de-benching, the addition of live microbes in the plastic bags really helped. The 5 hrs journey home was also less stressful for the koi and they all arrived safely home to my great relief.

I will be using Live microbes when transporting my koi in the future and am also considering adding the live microbes to koi pellets for feed suplements.

Many thanks to Viva Koi for introducing live microbes to us at Genting Awana and I am truly grateful to say the least.

Jem
  • vivakoivivakoi January 2011
    Hi Everyone,

Thank you for sharing your findings and comments after using the Vivakoi product. It is truly encouraging to see such positive comments within a short period.

We are the sole dealer for Vivakoi product, and we are happy to be of assistance to anyone who wish to know more about the product.

Please feel free to drop us an email at vivakoi@ujia.my and we will be glad to attend to your inquiries personally.

Thank you and have a great day.
    bro.. u got phone number i can contact u abt the product? easy to import to Brunei? [-O<
    Vivakoi,

Why not take this opportunity to inform us abt your product. Good news are meant to be shared by all :-D

ts
  • vivakoivivakoi January 2011
    Bros,

Sorry for not responding earlier, was on the road for the last few days.
    Anyway, in a nut shell, VivaKoi is a 100% natural and organic microbial enzymes, comprising live food-grade strains of microbes.

There are 2 key areas where VivaKoi can be applied :
    1) In Water - The live food-grade microbes in VivaKoi reconditions water, improves propagation of beneficial bacteria, recompose amino acids and vitamins as well as decompose ammonia and organic matters in ponds/aquariums. VivaKoi together with the native microbes feeds and propagates; naturally eliminates bad pathogens.

2) In Feeds - VivaKoi can be mixed with feed to improve the nutrient absorption of fishes. It is essential to have good absorption where nutrients within high quality feeds can be taken in more effectively, improving growth and natural immunity of the fishes.

Having said all these, I strongly recommend that that you give it a try to experience the great benefits. :-D Feel free to drop us an email at vivakoi@ujia.my.

Bro koikit,

With regards to your question, please drop us an email with your contact. We will get in touch to discuss further. :)

Cheers....vivakoi
    Viva,

Where is the product available? Some sort of probiotics ? Looks like worth checking out

;-)

ts
  • tomatomoontomatomoon January 2011
    Where is the product availabel coz i miss the show and no ideal what is it :/
    Bro Kit & brudders,

Sorry for the MIA. Was away for Istanbul. Bro Kit, I did leave the contact no on this thread(1st page). Just ring Eddie for further info. If I am not mistaken you can get Viva from AKA, Cheras & Atarikoi. Not sure about the price but I bought during the show for RM126 for 1ltr bottle. I believed it was promotion price.

Back to this product, I hv tested during quarantine and to transport the koi back from the show. During transporting the kois(in a few plastic packs), I noticed those kois added with Viva were extremely calm. The ones without were occasionally flipping and tossing as usual. I am not sure if other hobbyist noticed this.

For quarantine, I certainly very happy with the result. I normally change water around 25-50% daily esp beginning of my quarantine period but it seemed that the water parameters are still good even after a week. The kois looked conformtable and still haven't heard of any of them attempting to jump unless I was sleeping :). Btw my show's kois are safely in the pond now. I got 2 kois in the Q tank with reddening near the eyes and a dot cut koi which actually quarantined to accompany the 1st koi. These two kois came fresh fr the feeding pond. After 3 days, the water para are still good.

Just started adding Viva to my pond and food. This will take a while before I can share the result.
  • JamesJames January 2011
    *sigh* Another hole going into hobbyists' pockets... The bad news that comes with the good news..
    Bro captain ... Thanks.. Will surely visit the mentioned farm when in kl very soon..

Bro vivakoi.. My email is kohaku1502@hotmail.com..
  • Denn7Denn7 February 2011
    Experimented some Viva Koi on my fighting fish recently when I went away for CNY - surprising results. I normally do a full water change for my fighting fish every day (he's in an unfiltered bowl and water parameters plummet pretty quickly); if I don't, his condition deteriorates very noticeably the day after whether I feed him or not. A couple days before CNY I added some viva koi and didn't change water...fed him as normal and he was fine until CNY.

Left the water unchanged and told my dad to leave him be. When I got back last night I was pleasantly surprised to see the little guy in GREAT condition even though the water looked dirty....still haven't changed water till today and the guy is still in good shape! Unprecedented. I know he's not a koi but this microbe thinghy sure works one way or another - most interesting. I also used some on my koi but didn't notice any big changes 'coz my water parameters are already good.
    Post edited by Denn7 at 2011-02-08 01:22:29 am
  • etanoetano February 2011
    I like the last part "my water parameters are already good". :-"
    MyKoiKichi.com ~ A new koi blog.
  • JamesJames February 2011
    :"> oh... The not that good kind but think v good ar... :-))
    Walau eh bro Elmen teasing me again....and again....and again :p
    It's ok. So long as it's not embarrassing moments like ben's.... :">
    I think that was a triumphant coming-of-age moment leh for Ben.... :p
    Then we gotta welcome ben to manhood.... Hahaha

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership