New Pond In New Premise To Share
  • smokersmoker June 2013
    This is what we call "Entering Next Level" :-D
    =D> =D> =D>
    Awesome Bro Yap, Keep updating.
  • YipmYipm June 2013
    This is like building pond competition. How many tons bro Yap? Wow massive pond!!!
  • BthineshkumarBthineshkumar June 2013
    Wow, that's a HUGE pond man. Real awesome and as bro Wahyu said, next level :)
  • puathiantatpuathiantat June 2013
    @.@ bro TK ... i c mice vs elephant d =.="
  • ShukriShukri June 2013
    Woooow! This is massive..............I can already see in my mind, a few 1 meter kois swimming in the pond.......... :-D
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
  • jamiltjamilt June 2013
    The house looks massive. pond suits the house.
  • gerrygerry June 2013
    OMG... I'm beyond jealousy!! Lucky kois!! ;)
  • kominatokominato June 2013
    Wow wow wow WOW !
  • weihanweihan June 2013
    this is not building a pond, is like building a house for huge kois :-))
  • ythyth June 2013
    Bro Wahyu,
    I bet your coming new pond will be double or triple of mine :),cause you are more gila than me hahaha
    Bro Yipm,
    The main pond can achieve about 60 tons and it is all depend what is the depth I want:),filter volume about 20 tons,and water reservoir about 20 tons:)
    Bro Kumar,Puathiantat,
    Ok Ok lah cause my early planning is double of current size but home minister not allow and has to make way for my kid swimming pool....
    Bro Shukri,
    If can have 10 pcs of 80cm plus koi ,I am very very happy already haha
    Bro Jamilt,
    House ok ok lah...
    Miss Gerry,
    My wife always complain that I treat kois better haha
    Bro Kominato,weihan,
    Ya, it is a bungalow for my targeted 20 pcs of kois hahaha
  • AnuarAnuar June 2013
    Bro Yap,

Even the workers look tiny in your massive pond... your 80 cm kois will look like ikan bilis :-"

Pls keep us updated for all of us to drool...
  • kolampkolamp June 2013
    WOW! thats a koi palace! LOL (Y)
  • rsingamrsingam June 2013
    Bro Yth,

I noticed that you have exposed the sides of the footing of your existing house. I hope you have engaged an Engineer to oversee the building of your pond.
  • ythyth June 2013
    Bro Anuar,
    Then have to buy more potential 1m karashigoi hahaha
    Bro rsingam,
    Thanks for the note,ya the PE said is ok upon calculation :)
  • smokersmoker June 2013
    No no Bro Yap, you have to admit the world knows you are far more poisoned than me by this living jewels :-)) and that's good for you :)

Keep updating Bro, i am very2 excited to see when it's done.

#EnteringNextLevel

:-))
  • kominatokominato June 2013
    I wonder what kind of pump flow rate and power consumption would be like ?
  • ythyth June 2013
    Bro Wahyu,
    Don't make the conclusion so fast yet hahaha
    Bro Kominato,
    If take in these considerations, we will not go deep in this hobby already:)
  • grinkz01grinkz01 June 2013
    OMG....wowww....wowww....wowwww....huge pond
  • mangkellmangkell June 2013
    Bro @yth,

Bravooo.... Any layout plan or drawing to share? Also the filter setup...

Looks like can do a 2m height... Good for pond without shade... (Y)
    Mickeyko Ducati-Kujamon Chagreemon Brabus#Sexy-Robust
  • JamesJames June 2013
    Bro yap, your piping positions look a little funny. Looks like you are using circular system. Huge pond means effort to maintain water. With the koi prices you pay I am sure they can grow big. But keep in mind big and quality u want r 2 different things.
  • eryceryc June 2013
    Impressive. Pond that almost everyone wanted. Is it a 8 ft deep ?
  • ythyth June 2013
    Bro Grinkz,
    Thanks for so many wow factors hahaha
    Bro Mangkell,
    will look for that......anyway just simple set up....will go for 1.8 to 1.95m....
    Bro James,
    Is it the s shape pipe?that one I just want to enlarge my water tank capacity,overall just conventional up and down system with double bottom drain......want both haha and have to pay more......
    Bro eryc,
    Planned for it years, with the blessing of gods and luck, finally achieve it:),go for 6 to 6.5 ft.........
  • pandaipandai June 2013
    Bro Yap,

You are the source of inspiration for small pond owners like me... My entire pond can fit into one of your filter chambers! And if I were to follow my current ratio of fish to water, I can actually keep 240 kois in your pond! :-))

We are all extremely happy for you. Please keep us updated on the progress of the pond especially the lucky inhabitants of it later... Would dream to visit it one day... (Y) (Y) (Y)
    Get Kenkona Koi and Kenkona Bio at special price online at http://kenkonakoi.blogspot.com/
  • HWONGHWONG June 2013
    Bro Yap,
    Nice project.. I visited a great pond set up recently. The owner cleverly used plantings to create an oasis of calmness. The trees n plants provided natural shading for the pond. Water temperature is around 25 degrees C. A.sloping bottom with the deepest at 10 feet.

Since you r stil in construction mode, you may want to consider incorporating same strategy. Use trees n plants with big leaves that dont fall off constantly.
    Post edited by HWONG at 2013-06-05 03:47:01 pm
  • ythyth June 2013
    Bro Pandai,
    I started with a garden pond of 2 tons then no u turn.....haha
    Bro Hwong,
    I think I read about this pond before.....it is a super huge pond, eye catching and relaxing and thanks for the note, anyway there are few concerns that highlighted by a well known local dealer about the surrounding plants:-
    (i)How if the pesticide that drop into the pond, can kois cope with it?
    (ii)All the dust or toxin things will trap on the leaf, and will go into the pond during raining season, how to get rid of this??
    (iii)The dealer said he found quite a lot of koi problems if the pond is surrounded by a lot of plants...
    (iv) He also said that some pond who deal with artificial or rock mountain can cause a lot of koi skin problem mostly is hikui, there is a lot of dead corners will trap the pollutants......
  • HWONGHWONG June 2013
    Bro Yap,
    Noted yr points raised by the dealer.. Looking fwd to see yr completed pond. I m sure the anticipation is quite exciting for you.

Cheers!
  • tlstls June 2013
    Bro, wonder y so familiar with the circular rc column and the building...ha ha..it's u.
    Wow...ur pond size is out of my imagination. Must invite me to ur house after complete. ;-)
  • ythyth June 2013
    Bro tls,
    Bro,are you at the same area:)?
  • tlstls June 2013
    Bro, I'm the PE lor. :-D
  • tlstls June 2013
    By the way, I remember that u said the pond depth will same level as footing? However, u have good and experience workers, it shall not affected the building. C when u free, just drop by and have a look.
  • ythyth June 2013
    My good buddy welcome to koi community...........sure you wont regret hahaha
  • JamesJames June 2013
    Huh, pond built by good workers? Not good pond builder? :O
  • TomyCTomyC June 2013
    <blockquote rel="yth">Bro Pandai,
    ...there are few concerns that highlighted by a well known local dealer about the surrounding plants:-
    (i)How if the pesticide that drop into the pond, can kois cope with it?
    (ii)All the dust or toxin things will trap on the leaf, and will go into the pond during raining season, how to get rid of this??
    (iii)The dealer said he found quite a lot of koi problems if the pond is surrounded by a lot of plants...
    (iv) He also said that some pond who deal with artificial or rock mountain can cause a lot of koi skin problem mostly is hikui, there is a lot of dead corners will trap the pollutants......
    </blockquote>
    Floating debris and sinking debris needs to be get rid of by the skimmers and bottom drains. Meaning, bottom drains need to suck all the sunk leaves and debris out into the mechanical chamber.

Dead spots are caused by a poor pond design. Basically a GOOD bottom drain with sufficient flow will be able to clean about 4X4m area. As such bottom drains of that calibre needs to placed strategically to clean the whole pond floor.

Pond circulation needs to be good as well. Pond return should be pointed downwards at an angle to encourage circular flow around the pond. At the same time pushing debris towards the centre of the pond where the bottom drain is.

Finally, the mechanical filtration of the pond needs to be cleaned as often as possible with minimal water loss.

--
    Regarding pesticides, just make sure non-toxic types are used. If not, a water trickle, and regular water changes will help.

One can say about 40% of water is changed per week. But 10% four times a week is better than 40% one Sunday.
    Post edited by TomyC at 2013-06-09 11:13:09 am
  • tlstls June 2013
    Ha ha... Sure. Will follow bro..

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership