Tancho sugery
  • phillipslyphillipsly May 2013
    H I'm a newbie to the forum, Been keeping koi in UK for over 15yrs and in Phuket for 18months (nice and warm here!!!)

I saw a post about a Tancho Kohaku of Jame that had gone through the Tancho surgery. I have a similar tosai Kohaku Tancho in need of the same! Can anyone please tell me how and who performed the procedure. I'd like to know how deep the cut is on the head, is it more of a scrape than a cut etc? Can it be performed by a competant person or a trained Tancho-circlist type person etc.

Cheers to all.

Lyndon.
    Attachments
    P1030287.jpg 175K
  • ShukriShukri May 2013
    Phillip, welcome to the Koianswers Forum........

Hi James, where are you?
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
  • ShukriShukri May 2013
    Phillip,
    Personally I have done a few of these myself. Most importantly, upfront, you have to know the shape and the eventual Tancho spot that you want. You can do a deep cut at the areas that do not have scales, and need to be extra careful in the area that have scales....... Once done, you have to apply TOPICAL medication to the cut area. You have to have steady hands..........
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
    Post edited by Shukri at 2013-05-27 04:32:44 pm
  • BthineshkumarBthineshkumar May 2013
    But the beni already touching the shoulder. These type of beni difficult to do cosmetics right?
    Never done one on my own yet, I think I'll do it very soon ;-)
  • JamesJames May 2013
    Here bro Shukri.... :-))

Lyndon, I think u need several procedures. I would first remove the beni on the head to make it round and separate the beni at the shoulder from the head. Then I would just remove the shoulder beni a row at a time. Max of 3 scales perhaps. Let her heal and do the rest after.
  • lautslauts May 2013
    Bros,

Need some advise on what to do with this 30+ cm Okawa kohaku. Injured the head beni , now after 2 wks the beni comes back a bit at the edge but not the centre white, leaving a white line.:-( Pict taken at injury time , the loose skin still hanging there, have cut it off then and applied PP. Koi is doing fine otherwise.
    Sorry to hijack , but maybe we can use this to learn something esp in my case, have to do involuntary surgery.
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/12961/OkawaKohDam.JPG

ts
    Post edited by lauts at 2013-05-27 10:03:45 am
  • ShukriShukri May 2013
    TS,
    Poor thing........ that is a big scar. I have to digest and looking at this Kohaku a bit more before giving my two cents worth. I am trying to figure out an accepted pattern on the head.
  • megatronmegatron May 2013
    Bro Lauts, You may consider to cut the beni on the head to make it look like this.
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/12962/OkawaKohDam.JPG
    Don't ask me why!!!
    Post edited by Shukri at 2013-05-27 04:37:20 pm
  • lautslauts May 2013
    Thanks Bro Daniel, bros,

Like your suggestion, maybe leave a bit kuchibeni.
    One problem. or questions really ,
    a) the nostril also has hi , what to do ?
    b) the part of snout with a bump, it moves with mouth movement . This part feels very thin, can cut?

Sifu Doc Shukri, Sifu Danlee and others with ideas , feedback appreciated. Since i am not a pattern man , don't have much idea what to make out of the injury.
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/12963/face.JPG

ts
    Attachments
    face.JPG 86K
  • HDCuHDCu May 2013
    Bro Lauts,

Nose too sensitive to do plastic surgery. I would just wait for the beni to grow back in six months than touch the koi.
  • lautslauts May 2013
    Bro HDCu,

Noted, this is one consideration. Yesterday i notice the most of beni grown back except for the thin white line where it got cut deep into the skin/skull. Very fast the beni healed.

Bros,

If the white line remained , i will cut to make something out of it.
    How many times and how deep to cut to prevent it growing back ?

thanks
    ts
    I have a kohaku has a similar injury on the head beni and after 1 year it still not recovered. I worry you have to wait ready long time or beni will never come back.

To cut until you see the white base than use diluted PP to apply on it
    Don't ask me why!!!
  • phillipslyphillipsly May 2013
    Hi to all bros! Thank you for your answers, I will deliberate on this one. Just seen; http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=HsVxe2goJsA&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DHsVxe2goJsA and to be perfectly honest, I nearly threw-up before nearly passing out, is this really the butcher style hacking away needed? I was thinking more of a clinical and very careful approach as the fish is totally under. Thanks to all bros once again, more advice and even experienced bros welcome to comment. For bro lauts, it looks to me like its healing fine, time will tell.... Cheers,
  • lautslauts May 2013
    Bro Daniel,

My dilemma to cut or not to cut. I like the original pattern actually but if have a white split in middle not acceptable. The problem with your suggestion would be the nostrils , I think i will wait and see how it heals.

ts
  • MfwleeMfwlee May 2013
    All this reminds me of the Miss Korea beauty participants where the surgeons knife apparently resulted in many of them looking alike ! :-(
    Mike Lee
  • ShukriShukri May 2013
    Hahahahahaha......... :-D
    Why not we have a contest here to buy kohaku with full of beni on the head & cut into a same pattern and compete who can cut into the closer look? Sound fun!!! :)>-
    Don't ask me why!!!
  • BthineshkumarBthineshkumar May 2013
    =D> Gud suggestion Bro Daniel. I know there r many competitor here :-D
  • ShukriShukri May 2013
    Let me know when this program become a reality......... :-D
  • JamesJames May 2013
    Why u guys crazy for stress???
  • gerrygerry May 2013
    Ouch... kesian the kois... :-(

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership