This Shusui just pass away :(
    Post edited by JoshuaChin at 2010-12-14 03:52:13 am
  • koikitkoikit December 2010
    Are they new kois? New arrival?
  • JoshuaChinJoshuaChin December 2010
    yupe....during qt
  • ashfaqashfaq December 2010
    Brother,
    Its seems your kois are infected with Virus, I dont know the exact treatment, sifus may help ya. So sad la
    Thanks,
    Ashfaq from India-Chennai
  • Kelvin86Kelvin86 December 2010
    Pseudomonas aka ulcer. Mix of fish from different places normally will cause this.
    - Aquatic Kingdom -
    Post edited by Kelvin86 at 2010-12-14 06:14:00 am
  • etanoetano December 2010
    This is ulcer, the best remedy is to use Interpet/Blagdon Anti-Ulcer medication. Can jab antibiotic and apply PP or Malachite Green on the open wound.
    MyKoiKichi.com ~ A new koi blog.
  • farikfarik December 2010
    Please remember to not mix salt with Interpet blagdon anti ulcer or your kois will be wiped out.I normally use pp directly on the ulcer and jab antibiotic for 3 consecutive days.This blagdon contains formalin so the dosage must be ngam-ngam but it is very effective.Check the other fishes as this is a bacterial infection and can kena the other fishes fast.
    <blockquote rel="Kelvin86">Pseudomonas aka ulcer. Mix of fish from different places normally will cause this.</blockquote>
    all the fish are from Atari, din mix up
    <blockquote rel="etano">This is ulcer, the best remedy is to use Interpet/Blagdon Anti-Ulcer medication. Can jab antibiotic and apply PP or Malachite Green on the open wound.</blockquote>
    Bro, wat is PP?
    <blockquote rel="farik">Please remember to not mix salt with Interpet blagdon anti ulcer or your kois will be wiped out.I normally use pp directly on the ulcer and jab antibiotic for 3 consecutive days.This blagdon contains formalin so the dosage must be ngam-ngam but it is very effective.Check the other fishes as this is a bacterial infection and can kena the other fishes fast.</blockquote>
    Bro, other fish are fine... :)
    pp is short form for potassium permanganat (KMn04) it is a purple colour crystal which is a strong oxidisng agent to be used on open wounds,disinfect wounds with pus.u can get it from pharmacies.atari also got.
  • deenblitzeddeenblitzed December 2010
    Bro Joshua,

I would suggest you follow Farik's recommendation, they might look fine right now but there are high chances that the rest are infected too esp if you use the same net, tub, sock net etc to move or catch the kois at your place. Better safe than sorry.

Also Bro Farik is right about mixing the blagdon thing with salt. Formalin or in blagdon's case formaldehyde & salt shouldn't be mixed unless you wanna see a total wipeout of kois.

You can apply PP into your your QT or ponds; 1.5 grams per ton of water if I'm not mistaken. But just make sure you have enough aeration & preferably no salt in the water. Almost killed a big kohaku of mine when I wasn't aware that the water I was using has a salt in the mix. She just flipped over & her gills stopped moving. Took me almost 5 hours to revive her from near death experience.

But so far in my relatively short time in the hobby when faced with this type of crisis applying salt & malachite green in the water had saved me many times. Albeit taking a lot of time to fully recover.

Just my 2 cents, hope this helps.
  • Kelvin86Kelvin86 December 2010
    Hi Joshua,

I would suggest if you able to check every single piece which got infected and separate them. If possible, those that got infected with the ulcer, you can jab them using antibiotics.

After jab, put them right back into the quarantine tank with 0.4% - 0.5% of salt + Neomycin Sulfate + mild S1. Try to do water change everyday. That's what I did previously and to be honest, most of them survive, say like 85%.

For those that are very serious like deep ulcer into their body, I personally do not think will be able to cure them. Very thin chance...

Hope that will be able to help you and just my 2 cents. All the best bro! ;)
    - Aquatic Kingdom -
  • ChengAunChengAun December 2010
    if it is ulcer........ please check this vid by our very own Captain IKK

proper way to treat it.....
    Be updated in the world of koi. Jangankan seperti "Koi di bawah bottom drain"
  • ikankoikauikankoikau December 2010
    Bro Joshua,

There are many ways to cure a disease on a koi and pond treatment. But before you do anything, you must know what is the problem. To treat a sick koi or to treat a pond is 2 different things.

To pick medication, you must have stategy. To use with salt and not with salt is another question you should ask as this will be releven to the type of medication to go with. But all in all, check your water quality. You can be cured sick kois but the problem will keep on coming back if you don't combat the real source of the problem.

To treat a koi:
    It is better to isolate the affected koi in QT. Cx the no of fishes involved. If more than 3, def the pond needs to be address too. When a koi get an ulcer, first you must attack the bac at the ulcer itself. Applying direct PP(Potassium Permanganate) on the ulcer will kill the bac on that spot. Injection of antibiotic will treat the bac in the body and medical bath will treat the whole koi and promote healing. S1 and salt is good for mild and for prevention/ precaution(IMHO). Up to 0.3% salt is good to release the stress and good for prevention of any disease. A Jap guy in Tani FF recommended 0.6% for quarantine newly arrived koi from Japan and 0.5% for quarantine koi from the local dealers. This level is good to cure any unknown disease or not visible problem.

With salt, I won't use PP bath or anything with formalin base medication(interpet Blagdon/misaki anti bac). Not sure about Melachite Green but since Bro Deen has tried it before, then it should be fine/good.

Btw bro Deen, what is the dosage you use for Melachite Green and salt combo? And Melachite Green and Formalin combo?

I will not apply PP on a recovering ulcer and it will destroy the recovering process but PP bath is ok. But now, I would prefer to use Interpet Blagdon for medical bath as I found it very effective. Melafix/pemafix is also good but a bit slow to show effect.

To treat a pond:
    Firstly you must know what is the problem. Is it parasite(anchor worm, fish lice, etc)? Is is bacteria infection(ulcer is a good indication)? Or is it something you are not sure(koi flashing,parking, etc)

If nothing serious, salt will be fine. But if you hv applied salt, you will lose the option of using Misaki or PP unless you have dilute the water. But I found that Misaki Anti Bac/parasite) is good for pond treatment. It did solve the problem of gill bacteria disease. Melachite green is also good but I am still looking for Formalin as this combo is very good and cheap. Anybody can give the info and the dosage??

Parasite problem is a bit simple as dimilin or masoten is very effective. When fish flashing frequently without visible indication on the koi, cx the water parameter first before you apply anything. If it's ok, adding salt to 0.15 to 0.3% should do the trick.

• ikankoikauikankoikau December 2010
    Tetagoi CA, what a coincident... You port, I post... :-)

Btw this show a has fully recovered now. To add to that, I hv tried putting iodine, wait for about 8 sec(iodine will kill germ instantly for 5 sec) and drop the propolis on top. Wait for 5 sec and drop a few drop of water on it. As a result, the propolis will form milky layer to cover the spot. It works well.

Check out this video on YouTube:

Thanks capt for the video, i can now use propolis to cover the wound. learn new stuff everyday.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership