is this bacteria housing good ?
  • k0kwa1k0kwa1 February 2013
    i had just use this to make a simple bakki shower for my fgt. would like to know this product more =) www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/12018/20130219_134644.jpgwww.koianswers.com/discussion/download/12019/20130225_211416.jpgwww.koianswers.com/discussion/download/12020/20130225_211441.jpg
  • ChengAunChengAun February 2013
    Should work well, though I have no experience using it, seems to be porous and good for bacteria. But for that matter Ogata Crystal Bio, bio rings and bacteria house would work well for bakki shower as well.
    Be updated in the world of koi. Jangankan seperti "Koi di bawah bottom drain"
  • smokersmoker February 2013
    Bro CA, i think ogata crystal bio is not well made for Bakki Shower, it's frail and easily clogged if put as media for BS.
    It's more appropriate to use CB as media at submerged chamber. Just my little thought, cmiiw :)
    Post edited by smoker at 2013-02-27 02:31:04 pm
  • ChengAunChengAun February 2013
    Really? I find it quite good as long as there is adequate mechanical filtration before that.
    Be updated in the world of koi. Jangankan seperti "Koi di bawah bottom drain"
  • smokersmoker February 2013
    Bro CA, not about the pre-mechanical filtration, but due to the strong water splash from Bakki Shower.
    If it's used with softer flow alike for trickle tower, then it's ok.
  • tohon99tohon99 March 2013
    Hi Sifus,

I have a question here. Can I use the UV Light to reduce the green water at the same time also use liquid form of good bacteria? Im quite confuse as I am new to this hobby. Pls enlighten me. Tks
  • gerrygerry March 2013
    Bro @smoker, what is cmiiw??

Sorry for being a noob! :)
  • BthineshkumarBthineshkumar March 2013
    Hi Bro,
    Just a newbie suggestions. When you use liquid form of good bacteria, off UV for 3 days. Let the bacteria do it's work. Than you may on back the UV.
    Normally, I would off UV 3-4 days when I add good bacteria for it to do its work.

Gud Luck bro :)
  • smokersmoker March 2013
    Sis Gerry, cmiiw = correct me if i'm wrong :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership