For parasites how much quntity of dimillin should use for 5000 ltr tank,
  • anandanand February 2013
    hi... i have almost 25 koi in my pond. they are affected by fish lice. how much quntity of dimillin should use for 5000 ltr tank,
  • koiBoykoiBoy February 2013
    Hi Bro anand,

I use 2grams per tonne. Means your pond should put 10grams. You need to carefully use dimilin. The usual treatment done would be 2 to 3 treatments in one go by fasting the fish. One treatment would be roughtly 3 days, change water then continue with two more treatments. Remember not to feed you kois while on treatment ya! Sifus out there, correct me if I'm wrong.

Regards,
    Xavier
  • k0kwa1k0kwa1 February 2013
    may i ask a stupid question ?
    may i know why we are not suppose to feed the koi during medication period ?
    is there any harm to the koi ?
  • EddyEddy February 2013
    Dimilin treatment do need to turn off UV light too?
  • BthineshkumarBthineshkumar February 2013
    Bro Kokwa,

You may refer to this:

http://www.koianswers.com/discussion/1485/no-feeding-during-medication/p1

There was a gud discussion here on your question :)
  • BthineshkumarBthineshkumar February 2013
    Bro Eddy,

Yes, UV would affect medication and reduce it's effects. Thats why it's advisable to turn off UV and medicate during night time. :)
  • EddyEddy February 2013
    Thanks for your useful information bro TK! :)
    thanks bro tk =D
  • ShukriShukri February 2013
    <blockquote rel="k0kwa1">may i ask a stupid question ?
    may i know why we are not suppose to feed the koi during medication period ?
    is there any harm to the koi ?</blockquote>

During medication, it is already stressful as it is for the kois. By feeding, wastes will be excreted by the kois, and compromising the quality of water in the pond, thus will further stress the fishes during treatment (especially when the medication compromise the efficiencies of the beneficial bacteria).
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
    thanks bro shukri =) understood ad, last time i made the mistake... i feed during medication time as the kois look so hungry ..
    will not make the same mistake again in future =D thanks for all the teaching

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership