need help on deciding wave maker size =)
  • k0kwa1k0kwa1 February 2013
    i am planning to install a wave maker in my 6 feets fibreglass tank to increase the flow of the water and increase the exercise rate of my kois =) may i know how much flow should i get ? i saw a brand name sun sun which provide 12000l/h flow which consume 24w electric that only cost 43.80 rmb(china currrency) and if included all the postage all those i think can get it below rm50 .
    will the flow be too strong as there are other option also ? =)
  • koiBoykoiBoy February 2013
    hi bro k0kwa1,

I wonder how does this thing work? As in how to place it, the distance of the pressure exerted? Thanks in advance!

Regards.
    bro koiboy actually i also not really understand much bout it =)
    basically it is normally use in marine aquarium set up to create the water current that is similar to stream or ocean . and it function as the food carrier for the coral which the coral's food is being blow by the water flow to the coral without settle down on the ground =)
    i intended to use this is because it can keep the kois to be exercise intensively like we go gym when i turn on( which i din plan on for 24hours ) and it can create the wave or water flow that will bring the solid waste to the other end of the tank or pond =)

for your information this wave maker doesn't has the ability to lift up water , it only works similar like a fan that blow the water to create flow .
    these are my limited knowledge to this wave maker =)
    ohh ya forgot to answer the second question =)
    there are two option : 1 .normal suction cup that suck to the wall
    2 .magnet ( one side is from the wave maker inside and another piece outside the aquarium
    Thanks for the info bro!

Mine is a pond that is 20ft long, 2.5ft height and 6ft width. Im thinking of adding something currently to enhance the water movement for the fish to prevent from bottom belly...hahaha...

Cheers!
    lol i have the same thought because they more no much . so if can keep them exercise more den can feed more and will not have pot belly =D

oh ya bro actually they have stronger turn over rate
    24000 l/h
    electric consumption only 48w =)
    nice to have that powerful rate, but not sure how efficient is it. wonder if anyone have tried this in their pond or FGT before.

The power supply for this(if i were to get it) will share the same pot with a hap-80 air pump... should be ok right? both running on 24 hours basis... haha...:D
    lol not sure because i am still a newbie =)
    i definately will try it as is cheap to get it , if get from malaysia the same product will cost at least double of the price 0.o
    and i also wandering should i get such strong wave maker 12000l/h , as there are other options such as 6000l/h , 5000l/h, 3000l/h and lower..
    im no better than a beginner... hahaha.. true for the price of it sounds worthy... so you will be getting is soon?
    hi bro, found this on youtube...
    definately u are more experience than me =)
    ya i think will order it soon but will take some time to reach me .
    bro u can try read these thread some of them mentioned they are using wave maker in their koi pond
    http://www.koianswers.com/discussion/1359/recommendation-for-improving-koi-immune-system-/p6
    http://www.koianswers.com/discussion/1722/energy-saving-water-pump/p2
    thanks bro!
    no problem =D to our healthy and muscular koi lol

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership