• anandanand January 2013
    hi... guys how will you remove parasites and hair worms from kois...
  • ShukriShukri January 2013
    Hi anand,
    Do you have a picture of the so called hair worms? And any specific parasites that you are looking at?
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
    ya this are two things i am seeing in my fishes we can see the fishes rubbing ther body

i am attaching the pics of parasites and hair worms
  • BthineshkumarBthineshkumar January 2013
    Bro Anand

Welcome to Koianswer . To treat parasites, dimilin is the best medicine. You have to treat in 2 dose
    Apply First dose at 2 g/ton for 3-5 days to kill all existing parasites
    Change 30% water and apply 2nd dose after 5 days to kill newly hatch parasites

Hope the above helps and gud luck. Nway, where r u from?
  • Ivanlo24Ivanlo24 January 2013
    Bro Anand, the first pic looks like anchor worms
    hi.. how will i apply should i apply in food..
  • ikankoikauikankoikau January 2013
    Hi bro anand.

Just follow bro TK's suggestion. You are having anchor worm and fish lice problem. You can use dimilin for both. I have bombed a hobbyist badly affected pond with Dimilin(for anchor worm) and Masoten(for fish lice) together. Masoten dosage is half of dimilin's dosage. These 2 combos is very effective. But some hobbyist just use Dimilin and it works according to them.

Mix the chemical in a pale of water. Mix it. Pour it in pump chamber or first chamber or both(i prefer both as concentration will be better distributed). Good luck bro.
  • ShukriShukri January 2013
    Yup, those are anchor worms and the round ones are argulus. Dimilin will cure both i.e. 2 grams per ton, for 5 days.....dropped 20 - 25%, then add the second dose for another 5 days. Off the UV light, and no feeding.......Masoten will also do the trick. Anchor worms and argulus are easy to cure...........
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership