my doitsu yamabuki colour fade out O.o
  • k0kwa1k0kwa1 January 2013
    i think is lack of sunlight because she living indoor and no direct sunlight =)
    growth 5cm only since bought on 20/10/2012
  • MfwleeMfwlee January 2013
    Had a similar experience a few years ago. In addition, my cute Hariwake also went white.
    The fish were in an outdoor pond, and my sifu of those days put the blame on my buying cheap fish.
    He told me that yellow can be very unstable, and that I should stick to established strains if I wanted a chance to keep them yellow.
    Until today - dunno why as I have been avoiding them for some time.
    Mike Lee
    ya my hariwake also the yellow pattern getting lighter. but for this doitsu actually i prefer this colour after faded lol because the doitsu scale look more attractive to me =D personal preferrence
    last time the head loook weird the shape now getting better a bit ad maybe is becuase head getting longer abit =)
  • alfianalfian January 2013
    Bro, it looks somewhat interesting in this new shade actually. My thiughts
  • ashfaqashfaq January 2013
    bro for yellow coloured kois I have experience ,if kept indoor color fade and if kept outdoor colour come back,so don't worry.

it need sun bath. :)
    Thanks,
    Ashfaq from India-Chennai
    bro alfian may i know what shade bro meant ? still newbie =D
    bro ashfaq u cure my worries haha =)
  • KoiBeginnerKoiBeginner January 2013
    Just to chip in my 2 cents. I bought a Mukashi Ogon a couple of weeks ago. Every morning i went to hand feed my kois, I saw the Ogon super pale, as if the colour had faded, but in the evening, after hours of sunbathing, her colour came back like the colour of a banana. :)
  • MikeMike January 2013
    I have my fair share of experience of koi losing its metallic shine after a few months in my indoor pond. One yamabuki Ogon and a Kujaku faded badly and luckily came back after a few months in a friend outdoor pond.
  • MfwleeMfwlee January 2013
    " ... after hours of sunbathing, her colour came back like the colour of a banana. " - I imagine we all should try this but be careful we don't wind up with a goreng pisang :-))
    Mike Lee

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership