• SpartacusSpartacus January 2013
    Hi all,
    Can anyone advise where I can get Biotope?
    I use to get it frm Atari, but they don't sell it any more.

Thanks
  • wyinwyin January 2013
    I bought mine from Max Koi Farm Singapore. Not sure who carry it in KL tho.

Regards,
    Wei Yin
  • AnuarAnuar January 2013
    Try Cheras Aquarium. They were the first to bring in biotope, but not sure now.

Regards.
  • lautslauts January 2013
    Bro Spartacus,

Any particular reason for using Biotope? Suggest use Remedor Aquatic instead , more environment friendly , if disinfectant is what you are looking for.

ts
    Hi
    Biotope is a good medication , a gentle antibacterial , good for raining season . It's gentle on kois , currently since I can't find Biotope, I m using malachite green as an alternative

Wei Yin,
    thanks for the info.

• ZackZack January 2013
    Sorry to interrupt but when we claim something is good like gentle anti-bacteria, gentle on kois & so on, under what basis do we support the claim as we are ourself are not kois. From manufacturer claim or independent scientific report or research.
    My kois are my lover
  • idrisidris January 2013
    bro zack..when normally koi kichi claim something they knew it through experience and recomendation from others..manufacture claim or research is just supporting the statement..maybe in bro spartacus condition, biotope has been a good medication for him all this while..

like bro Lauts suggestion to use remedor aquatic instead of biotope, it must be he already exprience both and can make the comparison...

based on your statement, its hard la for koi kichi to say something because everything has to be attached with research or report or something that satisfied yourself..

just my honest thought...

• ZackZack January 2013
    Bro Idris & All,

Don't get me wrong on my statement. I'm not doubting on many experience kichi out there but for those whom wants to learnt or follow something with understanding on the reason behind, I suggest that some form of elaboration being stated in the statement or else many new kichi just simply follows blindly or get the wrong understanding, purpose & so on. Just my worthless comment that KOi ANSWER can be a good platform for newbies to learnt the art of rearing kois & this depends on all of us to make it happened.
    I apologies if the statement I've made could not be accepted to anyone out there.
    My kois are my lover
  • idrisidris January 2013
    i believe no problem in asking question to clear doubt..after all we know, people are more than willing to help..

simply follow blindly is an attitude of once should change..here, it is just easy to asked...help will come ASAP.

no opologise is required bro zack as you did not make any wrong doings..it just shows you care for the community...thanks...

Bro Spartacus ,

Not good idea to use malachite green ( MG) long term. It is a known carcinogen and banned for use in aquaculture. Always believe prevention is better , so if rain brings abt problems to your kois , try finding out why. Likely reason is pH fluctuation causing stress. Check out your water alkalinity , you may need more oyster/corals. Remedor is used as fungicide, bactericide and virucide in aquaculture , so much safer.

I think Cheras still carry Chlorine Diokside ( Biotope) , but do change their packaging , the stuff eats thro the plastic container in a few weeks @-)

ts
    Zack,
    It's just my own observation. I have been using bio trope for about 1.5 years, with no harm . After rain, sometimes I can see the kois are listless, and can see some red streak on the fins. With Biotope, it works wonders, normally a day after dosing, they are back to their normal self. I am sorry, I am no expert in medicine for kois, but using Biotope works wonders for me.

Actually I don't believe in medicine so much, I believe in keeping the pond clean by changing water. That will keep the kois healthy.
    Bro Lau,
    Thanks for your advise on Remedor. Where can you get Remedor?
    Check with Syndel Asia , they have office in SS3 , look for Erin she would be able to assist on queries.

ts
  • wyinwyin January 2013
    Bro Lau,

Is it recommended to use Remedor for maintenance purpose? How often shall I use it and what is the dosage like? Thanks.

Regards,
    Wei Yin
  • ZackZack January 2013
    Bro Lauts & Bro Spartacus,

Appreciate your input on the subject head. It improves my understanding & add on to my knowledge & I believed the rest of kichis whom read benefit from the discussion though initially the post is just meant to ask where to purchase the medicine.

Bro Idris,
    Glad that we understand each other from laying out our opinion.

All bros,
    I also believe that no harm questioning though through some eyes, we may sound stupid. Continuous feedback from execution or learning cycle is important between newbies & expertise in related field as from here, the expert can gives further recommendations/feedback as what you seen in this post. Keep this forum page lively bros/sis with share knowledge, highlights, concerned & so on.
    My kois are my lover
    Bro,

i use it when i sense water issues due to high coliforms , bacteria count etc. Not confirmed via water test etc but by smell , cloudiness, kois lethargy, more bubbles from my FF etc, ie visual indicators . i don't believe in using it for regular maintenance. I also use it to wash my QT tanks , nets , BD/ skimmer piping etc . Dosage for pond water was 1g per ton , i think , very economical. Higher dosages to disinfect. Meant for big aquaculture and prawn farming. Active ingredient is same as Virkon S , used to clean up KHV contamination.

ts
  • BthineshkumarBthineshkumar January 2013
    Bro Zack,

In this forum, all bro's and sis are very helpfull in answering question related to koi's and relevant matters. Throughout last year, I had posted lots of question (if i read that question now, some of them does sound stupid :p ), the people here had answered them and guided me well. So don't worry. Cheers :)
  • IzrulIzrul January 2013
    Ya,and how these sifus answer our stupid questions,in a very polite way,amazed me... :-D

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership