Koi shops
  • ogonmizuogonmizu November 2012
    Hi guys.
    What are the best shops in kl to buy Koi fish and accessories.
    Any tips about the best shops out there?
  • HermanHerman November 2012
    If for koi, i would suggest yamakoshi n gosanke koi. If for accessories, it should be atarikoi (taman desa)... just my personal opinion. ;-)
  • ogonmizuogonmizu November 2012
    Where is Yamakoshi and Gosanke located bro?
    And are they both the same place?
  • idrisidris November 2012
    search user nama yamakoshi and gosanke koi..u can contact them directly
    Yamakoshi is in tropicana, gosanke koi is just next to atarikoi (taman Desa) somewhere around old klang road. I think google map could help up...
    Atarikoi add : 9D, Jalan Desa Utama, Taman Desa, Off Jalan Klang Lama, 58100, KL. Wah, so detail... :-))
  • BthineshkumarBthineshkumar November 2012
    Bro Ogon,
    Yamakoshi had few arrival recently and there is Kujaku GO coming up.

Gosanke Koi just had new arrival few days back. You may want to check it out :)
  • IzrulIzrul November 2012
    gosanke koi bro.taman desa...take a simpang to taman desa waterpark...then take left..before traffic light take right.lepas sekolah,naik bukit jumpa gosanke koi.
  • BthineshkumarBthineshkumar November 2012
    :-)) So detail. Too many visit I guess ;-)
  • IzrulIzrul November 2012
    :-)) :-)) :-))
    havent checked on new shipment..but top quality coming,can drool only la...
  • ogonmizuogonmizu December 2012
    Is both Gosanke and Yamakoshi the best shops to buy koi fish in Malaysia? Are
    there any other alternatives or are both that shops simply the best
  • HermanHerman December 2012
    U may try the following : atarikoi, cheras aquarium, aka koi.
  • BthineshkumarBthineshkumar December 2012
    Bro Ogon,
    We can't really say any Koi dealer as best in Malaysia. We all have our prefered dealer based on individual preference. Pls visit all of them and definitely you would have ur prefered dealer

Cheers
  • MfwleeMfwlee December 2012
    Get to know and enjoy all of them. Sooner or later you will need their help :)
    Mike Lee
    Thank you guys.
    Would you guys mind sharing each of your favourite koi shops.
  • pandaipandai December 2012
    Bro ogonmizu,

Hard to say la... My advice is; first of all, you must go to ALL of them. Then find which one has price more suited to your range, provide good friendly service and the necessary advice when asked, and whether the crew and owner has the right chemistry with you. All name mentioned are good, in my opinion. But of course I too have my personal preference - I prefer one that does not chase me out even though I spent hours just looking and looking and looking at the kois and at the end just buy one small pack of food... :-D
    Get Kenkona Koi and Kenkona Bio at special price online at http://kenkonakoi.blogspot.com/
    :-)) :-)) :-))

Sometime I don't buy anything. Just look see look see. But still I get first class service :-D
  • pandaipandai December 2012
    You Penang mafia, ok la.... :-))
    Get Kenkona Koi and Kenkona Bio at special price online at http://kenkonakoi.blogspot.com/
    Hayoooo .....Mana sampai mafia compared to KL hardcore :-)) :-))
  • niveknivek December 2012
    Best shop = cheapest price for the best koi :-))
    If you guys don't mind can you all list down all the koi dealers name and their shops.
    It will be really helpful as I will be goin on a shopping spree for kois at the middle of the month.
  • HermanHerman December 2012
    Yamakoshi - Mr Mah, Gosanke Koi - Mr Raymond Kuan, Atarikoi(Taman Desa) - Mr Robert Gan, Cheras Aquarium - Mr Yap Loy Foo, Aka Koi - Mr Aaron Goh...
    Thanks guys.
    Will be goin on a shopping spree for koi soon.
    How many of you guys have been poisoned by visiting all these shops?
    Any advice on how to control myself when I see all the beautiful fishes over there?
  • MfwleeMfwlee December 2012
    Just think about what you are going to do with all those that you will not want later on, and this should make you pay more for individual fish, but buy less ? :-D
    Mike Lee
  • ashfaqashfaq December 2012
    You cant control brother, just go and sapu >:D< what ur heart and mind need
    Thanks,
    Ashfaq from India-Chennai
    :-)) :-))
    It's a koi bug bro. No cure. You buy, then cull ur pond. Than buy again, and cull further
    It's a cycle which won't end that early
    :-D
  • pslongpslong December 2012
    :-D It's an addiction ! Hahahahaha
    OMG
  • koiBoykoiBoy December 2012
    <blockquote rel="Bthineshkumar">:-)) :-))
    It's a koi bug bro. No cure. You buy, then cull ur pond. Than buy again, and cull further
    It's a cycle which won't end that early
    :-D</blockquote>

Nice one! Yes this is happening!
    Guys is true that we should keep 1 koi per tan of water.
    Just need some clarification on this matter.
    Thanks.
  • idrisidris December 2012
    It's not a law...but it's a guideline...most of us overstock their pond...few, did not including myself...I have 18 ton pond..I keep only 15.. When I want to add, then I have to cull...u can overstock ur pond but u have to do extra work such as, daily flushing, change more water..frequent cleaning of filter...I have almost 30 koi at one time but I have to do all above frequent which I waste my time a lot doing so...so maintaining 15 kois at the moment is good for me..a sifu of mine once told me, koi keeping is a hobby, not a responsibilities...
  • kominatokominato December 2012
    1 koi per ton ! then I can only keep 2 !!!. Have about 18 now and big ones too !
  • idrisidris December 2012
    Bro, I used to keep 16 koi in my 2.5 ton...still can but everyday 20% water change, less feeding too...u can put as much as u want koi won't die...if u change water a lot and less feeding no problem..but are you going to satisfied to look at your kois cramping and begging for space? Hehe...growth is another issue here as maybe you will see your kois only grow 0.5 cm per month..or maybe less...like I said, it's a guideline..not a law..once I post in the forum, one of my sifu trying to achieve 3 ton per koi...why? Because the idea is to gave the best home for your living jewel...the bigger the area, the better the koi growth and to add, your pond water quality also will improve..I just can't leave tackling pond problem every week, so I took the challenge to be decipline...yes, I bought new kois every month..probably...but to add 1' I have to cull 1., hope u got the point...
    Do you kOi Kichis have the contact number for the shop owners stated above.
    Will totally appreciate if you guys can give me their number.
    Cheers.
  • KimieKimie December 2012
    Hi all, thanks for the info. I would like to look for a new koi for my new pond...
    Welcome to the forum Kimie

Where r you located? There r lots of new shipment from Japan with all the dealers. There r lots of grow out (GO) in Yamakoshi and Gosanke. So this is the time to get lots of koi poisoning and koi purchase :-D
    Im from Melaka...
    Where is Yamakoshi located actually.
    Guys any contact number for Yamakoshi or Gosanke?
    Please I need it.
    Yamakoshi Kl, Mr Mah : 012 412 3383
    Located near Subang , Tropicana

Gosanke koi: 03 7987 9532
    Raymond: 012 372 9978
    Located at Taman Desa Pj
  • TaiFeiTaiFei June 2013
    1. Yamakoshi Pokok Sena and Tropicana - excellent,friendly staffs.Good service. The best I reckon.
    2. Gosanke Taman Desa - Friendly staffs. A bit shaky when walking over the timber filter covers but still ok.
    3. Atari Koi - Still Ok, friendly staffs
    4. Cheras Aquarium - Still Ok, but I prefer to deal with the the older staffs. The young tall chap always seem to be unhappy when we want to buy the kois. Or probably he is not the smiling type.
    5. Zen Koi Penang - Still Ok, but please call to make sure the boss is in. Otherwise the staff (indonesian i think) will say all the kois in the premise are Sakai...Everything Sakai.
    6. Sentul Koi Park - revisited this place recently after a very very long time, surprisingly it is still in business but Lots and lots of empty ponds. Nothing interesting for me.
    7. Setiawangsa Koi - Does not sell koi all the time, sometimes only.Excellent quality and very knowledgeable. Selling is by invitation only because it is in his private premise.
    Post edited by TaiFei at 2013-06-26 12:46:55 am
  • JJ88JJ88 June 2013
    No.4,i agreed with bro taifei,haha!
  • TanSriTanSri August 2013
    The old guys at Cheras Koi are nice, the quality and price are sometimes good too however if the superiors aren't around, they don't have the knowledge which farm does the kois originated from.

Handling wise , I like Yamakoshi. They take very extra care to prepare your koi for transportation.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership