The Goromo Fan Club
  • pandaipandai November 2012
    Ok lah, due to the growing follower in this group, I think we should have a dedicated thread on goromo (budo, ai and sumi). Please post here any pics you have on your goromo. My personal favourite has always been budo goromo though...

Sorry again, shiro gang... ;-) Admin maybe can help delete the last few postings in that thread...

Let's start again here... The few I selected... Which one would you have chosen???

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/10603/image.jpg

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/10604/image.jpg
    Get Kenkona Koi and Kenkona Bio at special price online at http://kenkonakoi.blogspot.com/
    Post edited by pandai at 2012-11-15 07:13:29 pm
  • koi888koi888 November 2012
    first picture middle pc.
  • KahhoeKahhoe November 2012
    Bro Pandai ,
    Which 1 has u picked ? :-?
    Rearing Nishikigoi are very interesting ... Just observe their development ... Everybody loves them =)
    Bro koi888,

Sadly that one didn't get to be in the final three - although obviously all 5 were beautiful pieces, each one with its own speciality. From the process of elimination of 5 to 3, it got taken out due to head pattern to heavy. I wanted a white unblemished head, which is a good factor in budo goromo (just like kujaku).

Bear in mind, the final 5 have already been selected based on their body confirmation.
    Get Kenkona Koi and Kenkona Bio at special price online at http://kenkonakoi.blogspot.com/
    Post edited by pandai at 2012-11-15 12:47:15 am
  • gerrygerry November 2012
    2nd pic... Middle fish... :)
    Spot on, Gerry! Waaahhh... U and my sifu same taste! ;-)
  • ShukriShukri November 2012
    Bro pandai,
    That fella also visited her pond maaaa! Surely got same technique of looking at the kois...... :-)) :-)) :-D
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
    Hehehe... Same taste!! ;) So, can kira as I graduated adi in choosing koi?? :)
  • JamesJames November 2012
    Best quality I think is not in 2nd tub tho.... :-))
    Bro James, u mean the far right one?
  • BthineshkumarBthineshkumar November 2012
    I think the center one
    Everyone different taste lah... The last 5, to me, are almost very similar in quality. The last choice was almost purely a matter of taste... ;-)

Anyway, would love to see any pics on other goromo from other koikichis here...
    A quote from Sakazume-san of Sakazume koi farm on appreciation of Ai Goromo;

"When viewing Aigoromo, you should look at the color of the ai. The ideal Aigoromo should have fine ai color along hi scales and sashi with beautiful ai. It would be even better if there is koromo on all hi, and if the koromo is a mesh design, not blocked together. The most important thing in Aigoromo is the color of ai, not the patterns. When selecting the parent, we place emphasis on the ai because its quality is inheritable just like hi. The koromo has to be present to be called one."
    Post edited by pandai at 2012-11-15 03:48:39 pm
    A nice Hosokai koromo;

Bro Pandai, u saw mine or not? The one I post under my thread "Gerry's Pond and kois" ? Cute little thing. :)

I notice now that the Hi on the right fin is getting less (probably consolidating?). Hope it disappears one day.

I personally liked Goromo/Koromo too... They look very refined. ;)
    You mean this one? ;-)

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/10607/image.jpg

Yup, they are an acquired taste. A bit off from mainstream but I'm sure a pleasure to appreciate nonetheless... :X
    You mean this one? ;-)

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/10607/image.jpg

Yup, they are an acquired taste. A bit off from mainstream but I'm sure a pleasure to appreciate nonetheless... :X
    Attachments
    image.jpg 31K
    Bro pandai, body wise OK.......but the pattern (hahahaha, now look who is talking) is not appealing to me....... I was looking for scallops scales...... :-)) :-)) :-D
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
    Post edited by Shukri at 2012-11-15 04:16:43 pm
    My ultimate goal - to one day change bro Shukri to a pattern man.... :-))
    Bro pandai,
    Please keep on trying! And all the best...........
    Even in real life, 362436 supersedes the frackles on the face....... :-)) :-D
    Bro Pandai, yes that's it. Was about 10 cm when I got it. :)

p/s: You have my full support in changing bro Shukri to a pattern guy... ;)
  • farikfarik November 2012
    Sis gerry and bro pandai,
    bro shukri pattern guy????....i don't think got any chance lah....
    Hahahaha... Bro Farik, really?? No chance at all??? Aisehman... Looks like the numbers win la... 8-|
    It's okay... He's still young... He can still change... :-D
  • Ivanlo24Ivanlo24 November 2012
    Hi Guys,

can I check with you, my goromo always loses its sumi and becomes very dirty, like a dirty shade of red. How can I prevent this? Which part of the water parameters should I be concerned with?

Thanks in Advance.

Ivan Lo
    <blockquote rel="farik">Sis gerry and bro pandai,
    bro shukri pattern guy????....i don't think got any chance lah....</blockquote>

Don't bet with Bro Farik because you guys will lose hands down........ :-)) :-D
    <blockquote rel="Ivanlo24">Hi Guys,

can I check with you, my goromo always loses its sumi and becomes very dirty, like a dirty shade of red. How can I prevent this? Which part of the water parameters should I be concerned with?

Thanks in Advance.

Ivan Lo</blockquote>

Hmmm... maybe the sifus could help here? I have actually faced similar phenomena also before but quite the opposite. My tancho developed a lot of jari sumi and became a half-done tancho sanke banghead In that case, I suspect high TDS (bad TDS) due to water not changed regularly - this happened when I was away on long term and left the pond under not-so-very-strict care. In your case, to redevelop sumi, maybe clay powder (refresh powder or bro @lauts clay powder) can help.
  • IzrulIzrul November 2012
    Goromo surely an eye catching...i saw one good piece in gosanke main pond.wonder who owned that jewel? :-?
    Actually, I was wondering if the issue is like a gOshiki. Where temperature matters an the black can only sustain if the koi is in cooler waters.
    That could be the reason too. My goromo last time also lost her robbing sumi a bit and the main reason why I sent her to the mud pond is to see whether the minerals and the low temperature in the mud pond can bring back her robbing sumi. We have seen a significant improvement in a goshiki in the mud pond.
    Thanks bro Pandai, if this is the case, then I think that these koi types are for those with low temp ponds
    Well, isn't the solution obvious? Get a chiller... ;-)
    Post edited by pandai at 2012-11-16 01:52:17 pm
  • lautslauts November 2012
    bros,

i am not sure if clays helps with "sumi" in koromos and in goshiki. Not sure if they are the same sumi type. I have no experience with both and actually started with goshiki only just recently. Have taken some pict earlier before use of clay on the goshiki , am keeping track for learning. I think bro James and bro SC have a lot of experience with these varieties. My preference is the Ai Koromo , even harder to come by.

ts
    Post edited by lauts at 2012-11-16 10:14:14 am
    sharing my goromo, this fella is very tame and very calm....
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/10619/goromo 001.JPG
    Post edited by Shukri at 2012-11-19 11:20:28 am
    nice la bro farik! =D>
    thks bro izrul, this fella is very calm and tame....at this size also she(very hopeful) is handfeeding...
  • ashfaqashfaq November 2012
    My Goromo for sharing, size is around 30-32CM, very tamed, take food from hand

http://youtu.be/vKflsNS1maU
    Thanks,
    Ashfaq from India-Chennai
  • nocturnalnocturnal November 2012
    nice Bro Ashfaq :)
    what attracted me is the snowy shiroji on the maruten sanke, gd temperament to match too! :x
    sorry to be off topic
  • bazbaz November 2012
    my ai goromo approx 40-45cm,robing starting to come now
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/10640/grow on 2 037.JPG
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/10641/grow on 2 031.JPG
    nice one to see development
    regards baz
    Post edited by BenjaminGoh at 2012-11-18 11:19:40 pm
    Bro Baz, my goromo looks like yours. The body does not have the sumi/blue scalation. May I. Know, when u purchase, how was the scalation?
  • bazbaz November 2012
    hi lvanlo24
    when the goromo was purchasedit had very little sumi on the body ,the only sumi you could see was on the tail tube on the beni, but very faint signs in the rest of the beni,sort of dirty beni
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/10642/select july 2011 029.JPG
    regards baz
  • bazbaz November 2012
    hi
    another one hiroi sansai 57cm ,one i have now passed on to a fellow koi keeper
    you can see a thicker sumi on this one
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/10643/August Pics 042[1].jpg
    regards baz
    Post edited by BenjaminGoh at 2012-11-18 11:19:05 pm
    Hi Bro Baz,

Can I assume that the sansai one started like your current nisai one?

Therefore the sumi came up with time?

Thanks brother @nocturnal :) for the comment.
    I am feeding Saki hikari colour food(50%)+hikari Excel+Spirulana mix
    Thanks,
    Bro ashfaq,fasting 1 week really worked for handfeed?
    From tonight im fasting my kois :-D
  • bazbaz November 2012
    hi bro lvanlo24
    yes,give it time it will come patience is the key i think
    regards baz
    Yes brother @Izrul , you can see the result in my video. Just throw them few pellets by pellets and then increase the amount gradually, best of luck
    Thanks,
    Frankly, I do not have any experience with Goromos. Can the dark color (I do not know whether they called it Sumi here) comes in during later years? If the answer is 'YES,' how long does one has to wait?

If I were to buy a Goromo, I will definitely look for the piece that has the right coloration from the beginning. Aigoromo is the one for me........ A clean canvass and Shirogi (real white) is important to me......
  • KChongKChong November 2012
    Hi Guys,

Since everyone is having Goromo fever, I would like to share mine too. It suppose to be Ginrin Kohaku when bought but the more it grow, the dirty netting is coming out and become a Goromo.

Currently only 35cm and started to grow after I put in my 40mt pond.
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/10648/Resize Ginrin Koromo 28cm.jpg
  • bazbaz November 2012
    hi
    i too had a kohaku that had no signs of sumi-dirty beni when first purchased,but after one season what i thought was a shimmie started to show
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/10656/oishi_tategoi_kohaku_9[1].jpg
    when first purchased
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/10657/779.JPGwww.koianswers.com/discussion/download/10657/779.JPGwww.koianswers.com/discussion/download/10657/779.JPGwww.koianswers.com/discussion/download/10658/780.JPG
  • bazbaz November 2012
    hi
    some more pictures the following season
    as you can see more sumi some in the shoulder area looks like goromo type sumi ??
    and other areas look like sanke sumi??? maybe i had a goromo/sanke :-))
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/10659/029 (2).JPG
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/10660/030 (2).JPG
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/10661/012 (2).JPG
    regards baz
  • koiBoykoiBoy January 2013
    Hi all sifus,
    Here is a Goromo which was posted in the other thread. When photo-ed, it was measured 14cm approximately 2 months ago.

koianswers.com/discussion/download/11391/62264_4296814412487_708985735_n.jpg

Another Goromo was added into my pond after Quarantine in the small aquarium. It measured about 8cm last week before letting it to the pond. Sorry for the bad angle.

koianswers.com/discussion/download/11392/317924_4569794916829_1762291873_n.jpg

Need comments from sifus here.
    Cheers,
    Boy
  • JJ88JJ88 January 2013
    Hi all sifu here,

today i bought 1 Goromo,Need any sifu gv good&bad comment..thanks.

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/11400/13578179336050.jpg
    Post edited by JJ88 at 2013-01-10 08:04:39 pm
  • JamesJames January 2013
    Bro Shukri, goromo netting can develop over the years. Just have to know how to pick I guess and this, no choice la, hv to start paying tuition fees all over again.... :-)) check out development on my goromo thread.
  • ShukriShukri January 2013
    Well James,
    I will have to see how the Goromos fair under your care. To date, a big fat zero with regards to Gomoro experience for me............
  • JamesJames January 2013
    Next show she might b entered. So let's see then.
  • pandaipandai July 2013
    After I lost my beloved goromo last time, I have been on a search for a replacement but never quite find the right one. I got a nice tosai at one point but it didn't turn out nice either. Finally (and hopefully) the search is over... I found a nisai male budo goromo at 52 cm that belongs to one of the great sifu here available for sale. It was of very high quality and a pattern that is exactly to my liking. So, here it is... The body is a bit skinny now but maybe due to fasting during the quarantine. I have a feeling it will bulk-up nicely in my pond soon...

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/13297/image.jpg

Any comments welcome. Also any tips and suggestions to further improve this piece...

p/s: In a way, I was lucky that this piece is male, otherwise I'm sure it would still be in the sifus pond... :-D
    Post edited by pandai at 2013-07-06 11:12:34 pm
  • gerrygerry July 2013
    Chun-ted la bro @pandai!! Now just need bulking... ;)
  • pandaipandai July 2013
    Thanks @gerry. I just added a video.
  • koiBoykoiBoy July 2013
    Aiseyyyy bulk it up, make it look like pondan! LOLLL nice piece bro @pandai!

Cheers
    Xavier
  • gerrygerry July 2013
    :-bd
  • KChongKChong July 2013
    Congratulation Bro(Y)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership