Seijuro Showa
  • ikankoikauikankoikau November 2010
    Hi everyone,

Just to warm up Seijuro GO, here are my new Seijuro. I guess cannot wait for THE day la. Furthermore I won't be around. Feel free to comment guys.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4091/5192043322_9a30af8b9d_z.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bormankhoo/5192043322/
    Post edited by AndySitt at 2010-11-21 06:03:21 am
  • ShukriShukri November 2010
    Alamak,
    Look very close to my Dainichi Showa..........
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
  • JamesJames November 2010
    Yes Bro Shukri, very close indeed.
  • farikfarik November 2010
    great minds think alike kot....
    Ya ka bro. Have not seen your Dainichi. Which tread bro?

Farik> all kichis think alike.... Addicted to koi :)
    Look under Shukri's latest addition..........
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
    Saw it bro... They looked like coming fr same parent but Dainichi is a big name la..
    Let's keep updating on these 2 showas bro.
    Yap, agreed. Let's compare notes again in three month's time. I am putting the Showa for Shinkokai. Hopefully, both Beni and Sumi will maintain. (ok)
    nasib baik i don't have showa this size...
  • etanoetano November 2010
    Bro this piece has killer pattern. But need to be careful because the sumi is a little bit scattered around. Hope to see this fella in koi show in the future. Good pick!
    MyKoiKichi.com ~ A new koi blog.
    Bro Elmen, like u I am pattern sucker too! Agree on the pattern having a killer effect..
    Thanks bros for the comments. Just arrived Narita, Tokyo.

Congrat bro Elmen for the new tetagoi... Female some more :)
  • BenjaminGohBenjaminGoh May 2011
    Update of Seijuro Showa
    40BU Best In Size!
    Capt, You kept this koi well.. (Y)
    koianswers.com/discussion/download/2949/pOL704UR85ZLX.jpg http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4091/5192043322_9a30af8b9d_z.jpg

Post edited by BenjaminGoh at 2011-05-25 03:49:58 am
  • ikankoikauikankoikau May 2011
    Thank you bro Ben. Thanks for updating the progress photo.
    Still got a long way to improve this showa esp to promote beni and sumi thickness without affecting the shiroji. This will clean up the "dirtiness" of this showa when she was a tossai. Hopefully the circle sumi(middle) will connect solidly with the main body sumi one day.
    Post edited by ikankoikau at 2011-05-25 05:21:09 am
    Bro.. Will find a koi to challenge this in upcoming shows! Hahaha. :D
  • JamesJames May 2011
    Capt, I will too. Hahaha.
    Bro James, We find one TOGETHER
    Hahahahahahaha!!!!
  • DanleeDanlee May 2011
    Capt,

Congrats on your major win... you truly deserved it. You have done a great job in grooming her....What a transformation!!!
  • AnuarAnuar May 2011
    Capt, you made me itch to find new tosailah. Congratulations!!!

Ben and James, can join ah? Haha
  • boykoiboykoi May 2011
    awesome development ikankoikau! sumi edged have receded beautifully on some sashi, first time i have seen these in a showa which actually enhances the sumi. maybe as the koi gains girth, the sumi would somehow recede, specially at the shoulder area oushing it lower when the hump gains more height.trully awesome!
    Wahhh threesome looking for Showa ah... :-)) Can I joint too? Well, with the three of you guys joinning force looking for showa, it won't be only my showa in a big trouble, the whole country too. In fact the whole Japan:-D

Bro Daniel, thank you. I didn't do much actually, just maintaining my normal routine keeping the water as good as possible. I just applied what I have learned from this and previous forums.

Bro boykoi, thanks for sharing your observation. The first thing that got my attention was the middle part of the showa(round and triangle beni). I was imagining the beni will be wrapped around by shiroji and then by sumi which formed tsubo sumi. Currently she has progressed as per my imagination. How I wish my other imaginations turned out to be like this showa :-))
  • farikfarik May 2011
    Congrats capt,
    wow....really need to share the secret of transformation.great job!!!
    Thanks bro Farik. Nothing secret la... What I have known is what you have known la bro. :)
    Hahahaha!
    It's expensive to find a HQ showa almost the same size as yours.. hahahaha!
    NO chance la.
    Cheap cheap one also got.... ;-) Got to look harder only. Three of you got sharp eyes maa...
    Hahaha.. Capt.. Will post a tosai showa on the forum one of these days.. When i can bowl it.. hahahah
    What!!! Already got candidate ah?? So fast meh...
    Hahahaha.. Watch out!! But its a tosai lah..
  • JamesJames May 2011
    Bro Ben, Anuar, I already have a secret weapon being polished as we speak, but not sure if size will b similar with Capt's come Sept. When it's ready I will review with u both for our threesome Showa vs Capt's. :!:

Capt, remember to take leave for sept's young koi show. :-)) And congratulations on your splendid win.
  • k3nnyk3nny May 2011
    Wow very nice development for this showa bro Ikankoikau, especially love how the koi looks much more clean now when compared to tosai stage. Lovely showa u have there :)
    This is like going to war oledi :-))
    Oklah, I will slow down her growth and we will go head to head. Hopefully my leave wont be approved, I am scared la ;-)

Thanks bro James.
    You should grow it.. As i have showa from 45bu, 50bu, 55bu,
    Hahahaha!! But not as HQ as yours.. :)
    Ok Ben... let the battle begins. hahaha....
  • JamesJames May 2011
    Capt, friendly challenge la. My Showa wasn't purposely polished to challenge your BIS. It so happened I have a Showa being polished preparing for sept at that size range.

I hope your leave is approved, so we can have more fun at the show bro.
    Hahaha.. Friendly Battle begins.. Anybody wants to join this battle? Hahahaha
    Bro, you are well prepared la... I might also preparing a kohaku and a sanke for the next show. Got a few candidates but not as good as yours la. Just want to give healthy challenge only. Applying the leave tmrw. Hope we can have another great show this sept.
    k3nny, sorry didnt realised your comment. Thank you. I also was surprised with her progress. Hopefully she will keep up.
  • JamesJames May 2011
    Capt, I am also preparing 2 kohakus, but my sanke won't b ready I think. Ben also preparing a Showa. Looks like it's going to b a highly contested battle.
    That's only three of us. The rest might bring their nuc weapons...
    Very good as we all can raise our koi show standard. (Y)
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/2986/Seijuro Showa 18cm 20-11-10.jpgwww.koianswers.com/discussion/download/2987/Seijuro Showa 25BU-.jpgwww.koianswers.com/discussion/download/2988/ACKS-2011 Seijuro Showa.jpg
    http://www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/2987/Seijuro%20Showa%2025BU-.jpg
    http://www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/2988/ACKS-2011%20Seijuro%20Showa.jpg

Just to add another photo of this showa when she was 25BU.
    Post edited by ikankoikau at 2011-05-25 08:02:56 am
  • DanleeDanlee May 2011
    Bros,

How can I miss the fun but I do not have any HQ showa to compete leh!!! I hope to be able to groom my Seijuro GO showa to give you guys a good fight... but I think his sumi will take some time to finish and he is currently 7cm behind Capt's one.

http://i323.photobucket.com/albums/nn471/danlee18/SeijuroGOShowaA32cm.jpg
  • JamesJames May 2011
    Bro Dan, can always come to my pond and pick one to put in your chilled pond to develop and challenge. :-D
    Bro Dan,
    Your showa has very good skin:O With red even beni and yellow head(must be due to colour food), her shiroji is still white and thick. The head pattern is unique, like red and black sword crossing. Hmmmm....

With this showa and the three amigos, it looks like showa cat will be tough in the next Sept coming show :) Btw, what is the date and has it been confirmed?
    Post edited by ikankoikau at 2011-05-25 08:28:33 am
  • HWONGHWONG May 2011
    Best In Size 40 BU
    Gosanke Best In Size 40 BU
    0519 tank no : 91
    Borman Bin Khairuddin - Malaysia

Bro, Fuyoh! Koi yang mana satu ah?

You know you make many fellows cry!. Your grow-out event Seijuro beat some very takai kois ooh... [-X CONGRATULATIONS Kapt! :-bd I am sure Seijuro would be pleased to know.
  • JamesJames May 2011
    Bro Wong, this koi is not a GO Seijuro. Seijuro nonetheless.
    Thanks bro Wong. My showa is not from the grow out. Bought her Nov last year when she was 18cm. Maybe my showa sumi appeared faster. I am very sure that there are many other showas are more beautiful but they might not be ready for the show.

Again, thanks for the great show bro.
  • megatronmegatron May 2011
    Congrat Capt, it is a very nice Seijuro Showa especially with the price you paid ;-) It will be nice to see her over 70BU......looking forward bro.
    Don't ask me why!!!
    Bro, ssshhhhhhh.... :!: Not so loud lorr....
    Thanks bro. :-D
    Post edited by ikankoikau at 2011-05-26 02:40:53 am
  • boykoiboykoi May 2011
    haha,actually in koi keeping, we should tend to use our imaginations, its not all science, art is imagination, which makes koi keeping akes us keep on looking and of course buying hehe

that kind of a showa with a remarkable beni ellipse atthe front is a prized feature on show showas here in the phillippines my friend of mine holds the current local and national best in variety showa with his showa simillar to yours...awesome really
    Bro boykoi, one more important element.... LUCK :-D
  • nocturnalnocturnal May 2011
    Hope not too late to congratulate u on the win Capt :)
    blew my mind after knowing how much u actually paid for it :-D
    Thanks bro adik.
    This one I got to blame bro Yujian for opening the secret :-D Now everybody know oledi.
    Just kidding bro. Maybe it was my luck as I was not the first group who saw that shipment. I was there late evening already. Maybe she was hiding and came out while I was there. But buying reasonably cheap tossai has high risk of failing the "tikam". You may end up buying 20 kois but didnt even hit one. Like I said, the luck also play a major role.

Hope to see you on the next coming show bro.

• boykoiboykoi May 2011
    very true bro, LUCK plays a part...sharp eyes on the vat so early,but when bowled up a luck drawn fish...seemed like magic, justb like winning the sweepstkes hehe

i had my share of luck too, but always tend to be the first one in a new vat hehe.awesome showa really!wish to have one
  • KaajKaaj May 2011
    Capt, Damn nice :) Looks like shes flying First class on MAS....

I am getting worried that so many brothers have started to "polish" their kois for the sep show.....After the show, they will also need to polish their trophies i reckon :P

• WinlimWinlim May 2011
    Bro,

Sorry gotta ask. The September show. Is it the one for 55BU and below? Thanks
  • JamesJames May 2011
    65bu and below bro.
  • etanoetano May 2011
    This success is a prove that one need not to spend a lot to own a winning koi, the key is sharp eyes and a lot of hard work after that. I can share my experience with the reigning adult champion showa which I picked up from Atari tosai pond and now proudly owned by the very happy Bro Felix Chuang.
  • JamesJames May 2011
    Bro Elmen, your eyes are the sharpest amongst all of us, so cannot compare la...
    Kaaj & brudders,
    It seems that everybody is talking very early about the sept koi show. Some already have secret weapons *-:)
    If this spirit continues, we might have another great show ahead. I guess tossai and jumbo tossai will be highly demand these couple of months especially Showa. Like this I will not have much time to enjoy the lucky win lor @-)

I agreed with bro Elmen, buying tossai needs skill. He def skilful and I just "tikam-tikam" only. He has the sharpest and highest QC in picking tossai.
  • JamesJames May 2011
    Capt, not easy to beat your showa if u keep it in the current condition. Plus it is not new koi season, so not easy to win your showa no matter how hard shopping continues.
    Aiyooo bro... Pressure leh...pity my showa la... #:-s
    Hahaha.... Very healthy challenge...
    Post edited by ikankoikau at 2011-05-28 03:51:23 am
  • AnuarAnuar May 2011
    Bro Elmen,

I saw the Showa at Felix's tub. What a body with nice clean pattern. When I read this at Mark's blog yesterday, I was surprised to read that she was one of your chosen tosais. Wow, thanks for this inspirational story.

Another poison..... hahaha

I have mentioned this before that you, Captain and Bro Daniel have really good eyes! especially for gosankes.
  • etanoetano May 2011
    The body of the showa has bulked a lot, credit must go to the new owner because I heard he hand-feed all his koi selectively. For the enjoyment of all bros here, I will start another thread on this piece since I have all the photos since day 1. Don't want to hijack Seijuro showa thread.
  • DanleeDanlee May 2011
    Bro Elmen,

I liked that showa a lot. The pattern is so pleasing to the eyes.... can't wait to see her tosai and progression pictures.
  • ShukriShukri May 2011
    Bro Borman, congratulation on your win...... (Y)
    My ginrin Showa from the Seijuro Grow Out managed a 3rd placing. The one similar to yours i.e. a Danichi Showa didnt make it.......
    Good job bro........
    Bro Shukri,
    Welcome home. Thank you n congrats to you too. I tot I will see you during the show. Next show la we strory2 bro...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership