is this shiro worth RM 1388
  • k0kwa1k0kwa1 November 2012
    actually wat shud we look on the shiro to decide the price of the koi ?
    wat shud we look on her beauty ?
    for me tis shiro is really beautiful =) but really expensive T.T
  • ShukriShukri November 2012
    Bro k0kwa1,
    I would like to understand why in your eyes that this particular koi is beautiful? Can you share the reasons why? And then you mentioned that this koi is really expensive. In your opinion, what should be the price of such koi to you.......

Why am I asking all these questions? So that we can learn from where you are coming from......then I will share with you from my point of view.

Others please feel free to chip in.......the objective here is all about learning and sharing.
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
    Post edited by Shukri at 2012-11-01 11:23:31 pm
    erm actually i noe many ppl lik the pattern lik the chess board but actually personally i lik the one wit erm more organise pattern lik tis , is lik few straight line tat form stair step . just newbie view =) and i feel lik the pattern is going to be darker in future and will be nice when the black colour is sharp enough =D and for the price actually for me is expensive is due to my occupation position , i m still an undergraduate student tats y i din hav such financial ability to afford tis koi. erm bout the koi price tat in my view i really dunno , cz i still dunno how to differentiate wat really a gud koi ...
  • MfwleeMfwlee November 2012
    I would also wish to learn so this is my newbie chipping in for others to help me with their valued advice.
    Likes.
    1. The overall shape especially the head, the tail tube, the general disposition.
    2. The shiroji looks high quality - the thin skin on the head does look a little bit yellow - and does not seem to have any sumi to cover it - but never mind - I can live with this.
    3. The emerging sumi looks like that they will come out at my personally preferred places - nice blob on the forehead, and the face is clear.
    Reservations
    1. Hope that the sumi on the fins will recede as the fish grows - prefer clear fins on a fish like this.
    2. Why does one eye look darker ?
    Price
    1. Good things don't come cheap - and I normally can only look for pond fish - so this quality fella is not likely to be something that I can afford.

Well - that is my humble personal rating - please tell me whether I have a correct pair of eyes :-(
    Mike Lee
  • grinkz01grinkz01 November 2012
    can somebody pls do pict upload here? i have no fb account :-(
    Post edited by Shukri at 2012-11-03 01:01:08 am
    may i noe what shud we name tis ? shiro bekko or shiro utshuri ?

http://www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/10380/20121103_104645.jpg
    Post edited by k0kwa1 at 2012-11-03 03:29:17 pm
    thanks to bro k0kwa1 and abg shukri for pict upload.
    my view on this shiro...

pros:
    nice and balance motoguro --- i prefer shiro with motoguro
    head shape and its big mouth and body length also ok
    shiroji is good

contra:
    pattern is somewhat looks too rigid, evenly balanced and less flexible...how to define this better ya...well i hope u understand what i mean...;-)

unequal eyes color resulting right eye look bigger

2nd koi is bekko.
    Post edited by grinkz01 at 2012-11-03 04:52:32 pm
    any comment for the shiro bekko ? and btw wat is motoguro ? =)
    thanks for explaining
  • tomatomoontomatomoon November 2012
    motoguro mean a sumi at kata area.
    Motoguro is the presence of Sumi at the base of both pectoral fins.........
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
    shiro bekko tailtube is thin, doubt it can grow big. pattern (very subjective thing anyhow) is not my favorite....if this is yours suggest to keep it for 1 year or more to see the development, now is too small to judge.

motoguro is black spot in pectoral fin. good shiro or showa is usually have motoguro on both pect fins.
    The bekko in the second picture - is it the angle of the photograph, or is it that the head is actually quite big in relation to the rest of the body ?
    I used to have a tosai like this years ago - and was told by my guru that it was stunted, and would probably remain in the smaller categories. He turned out to be correct - and in adulthood she never looked very nice, and swam in an unattractive way.
    Mike Lee
    Question is will we buy the Shiro Utsuri and the Bekko at this prices?

Looking at the Shiro, the canvass looks clean, Shirogi looks white an unblemished. Sumi pattern and placement looked OK to me. Honestly I could gamble with the Shiro.

On the Bekko, it is touch and go for me. In reality, it is kind of hard to get a Bekko like this. But potentially, might not get that Body conformation that I want later. Head too big in relation to the rest of the body.......frankly, I do not know what this will translate later, but I do not think I will take that risk.........
    bro shukri and other bro =) u all are pro and thanks for the teaching =D the shiro if not mistaken is from gosanke and the price is RM 1388 per piece and seriously i will not be afford to own such high pricing koi for my undergraduate life now T.T and for the bekko actually is a local koi tat i own currently and i would lik to get some comment and learn how to actually just some basic criteria of a koi as a newbie =) here is another photo of her

http://www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/10386/20121027_091248.jpg
    tis is another local i owned b4 but died due to some disease...
    still new to koi rearing , much more to learn ...

http://www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/10388/20121027_090708.jpg
    Post edited by k0kwa1 at 2012-11-04 12:28:08 am
    Beauty is often in the eyes of the beholder - and just because we have a less than perfect pet does not mean that we love it any less. e.g. I have 3 cats - they look worlds apart, but my favorite who even sits on my keyboard is supposed to be the least attractive - so what ? I love him.
    In the case of the local carp - the big head could also lead to a pot belly later - and if it does, it will swim with a waddle and a scamper - majestic will not be a word that you will use. I don't like the way she swims, but my daughter thinks that it is cute !
    It all depends whether you are looking for show potential koi, or, like in my case, something in the pond that I would lovingly spend time on. :)
    Mike Lee
    oops ! ... nearly forgot Shukri's question ...
    If looking for a show potential koi - be ready with your wallet, and hedge your bets by acquiring a few back ups as you go along. If you do not have spare capacity in the pond, spend more on individual carefully selected pieces ( with expert guidance ). Thousands of ringgit will be the norm, and some more ringgit for their upkeep.
    Would I spend my Rm1300 ? - No, because if I wanted a show potential koi, and had that much to spend, I would spend more on a more grown up piece with the kind guidance of all our experts here.
    Catch you later - it is a lovely Sunday morning, and I got to go to my fathers pond to feed a certain 5 ringgit waddling and scampering girl. :-D
    Mike Lee
    actually despite its pattern which i dont really like, rm 1388 is normal for thos quality. however buyinh shiro is high risk gambling as when they grow older risk to have beni spot is there especially if parents are from showa.. so for shiro better to buy at nisai age...

and of course price will be much higher....

ur exist bekko is far better than the died one.
    Post edited by grinkz01 at 2012-11-04 09:39:42 am
    thanks for all the teaching =) so every senior has the hobby as rearing koi for years ? i really lik reading some conversation here and there in tis forum cz really can learn a lot for someone totally dunno about koi b4 tis lik me =D

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership