kin koi how come look lik shusui
  • k0kwa1k0kwa1 October 2012
    this is one small koi tat i get from my relative house, how come the back look like shusui ?
    izit worth money ?

http://www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/10111/20121020_090856.jpg
    Post edited by Shukri at 2012-10-21 11:56:32 pm
  • ShukriShukri October 2012
    k0kwa1,
    Welcome to Koianswers..........

I do not believe that this is a Shusui..........
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
    thanks =) den what shud she be called ?
  • IzrulIzrul October 2012
    Shusuimon?? :-?
    lol =D
  • gerrygerry October 2012
    Doitsu Hariwake...
  • ChengAunChengAun October 2012
    Welcome to koianswers :D
    I think its a doitsu ogon, from the looks of it its locally bred.
    Be updated in the world of koi. Jangankan seperti "Koi di bawah bottom drain"
  • megatronmegatron October 2012
    You can see many of carps in aquarium shop ... ;-)
    Don't ask me why!!!
  • vic_slash20vic_slash20 October 2012
    bro k0kwa1,
    Welcome to Koianswers...

it looks like a Doitsu to me...
  • harry_luhurharry_luhur October 2012
    Bro Kokwa1,

It is doittsu ogon, body not good, and i think most probable stunted koi due to very big eyes compare to its body. A few red patches on body, should skip it.
    Regards,

Harry Luhur
    erm ~ poor koi lol no potential
  • BthineshkumarBthineshkumar October 2012
    Welcome to the forum bro.

Where r u located? Maybe some of the sifu's can help you to choose some gud pc
    selangor kajang, but i just started to rear koi fish so plan to hav some local breed 1st as a practise =)
  • ashfaqashfaq October 2012
    Brother, try with Japanese kois as a practice, go for low end Japanese kois instead of local kois, what ever it is go for Japanese ;-) and NO local [-X
    Thanks,
    Ashfaq from India-Chennai
  • niveknivek October 2012
    Ya agree with bro ashfaq. Go Jap~ :)
    okie will consider =)
    may i noe normally wat is the current price for jap koi and local koi ?
    Low grade jap tosai - RM200 for 3 (can be found quite often). Local koi - RM3-4 ;-)
    ok thank =)
    someone pm me wan to buy home breed jap koi from him or not , izit ok ?
  • aiman_shawalaiman_shawal October 2012
    local koi is still local. home breed as in local i guess. fancy word for local. suggest get from a reputable dealer in msia... Agree with the bros here, go for jap koi. Personally i was keeping local kois at first... Then when i saw the real japanese koi's, my locals are longkang fish haha :-))
    ad agree =) normally whr do u all get your jap koi ?
    Bro, there are many dealer:
    1) Yamakoshi Tropicana
    2) Atarikoi
    3) Gosankekoi
    4) Aka Koi
    5) iKoi in Shah Alam
  • mrkoimrkoi October 2012
    I believe got 2 type of "local" kois. The one that using local koi as their oyagois (parent) and the one that using japanese koi as their oyagois (they called it F1 in indonesia). Normally what u see at aquarium shop is a local koi here in malaysia which is you called "longkang koi".

While in Indonesia and Europe, many breeder use japanese koi as their parent and some of them already start to produce a good quality koi and win some major prizes in koi show. And they never call their local koi as longkang koi and instead of that they really support each other, hobbyist and local breeder.

Here in malaysia, our breeder don't really bother to produce a good quality kois and not interested to invest a good quality of oyagois. So normally, they just select any local oyagois that is ready and breed them. So thats why you can see normally our local kois dont have a good body, good skin and good shine/colour compare to the japanese kois. And they don't practice a strict and extensive cull process like in japan.

One more thing, did anybody already see the "un-culled" japanese fry/tosai koi before ? The one that you saw here in our dealer shops already gone many stages of culled process. So you dont have any chance to see any deform/faded/low quality fry/tosai. And also they feed "kaw-kaw" colour food before export the fishes. And at the end, even if you bought a japanese tosai, the fish still have a risk of colour faded, drop quality etc.

Personally, I believe if you got the "resources and knowledges" as what they have in japan, you surely have a chance to produce a high quality kois. So for me, you should support a "local breed japanese koi " as what they did in Europe and Indonesia.

can nice local koi go for competition or show to win cert ?
  • mrkoimrkoi October 2012
    Sure can if the local koi have a good quality to compete with the japanese koi. And for your information, not necessary all japanese koi have a quality to go for a koi competition as well.

So before you select and buy any fish, ask yourself what you are looking for ? Is it a "pond fish" or a "show fish". So learn from many sifus here how to select a good potential fish if you are looking for a "show fish".

Indonesian Local Breed Kois Online
    http://www.breederkoi.com/main/default.asp

2nd All Indonesian Breeder Koi Show 2012 (Local Breed)
    http://2breedershow.apki.info/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=22&Itemid=14
    Post edited by mrkoi at 2012-10-23 06:32:54 pm
    Agree with bro mrkoi and if you do decide to enter koi shows, do research risks associated to that.

You may also buy this book Nishikigoi Mondo for in depth info on origins of nishikigoi and selection criteria. There's lots of info on how to care for them as well.

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/10158/1350989250140.jpg
    Post edited by nivek at 2012-10-23 06:59:41 pm
    thanks a lot for you all the information =D
    Wah Bro Kevin, promoting the book ah, :-D
    Haha bro TK yaya good book :)
  • ZackZack October 2012
    So what is going to happen to the local koi? End up on the table to be steam fish or gulai asam nenas? Just kidding.
    My kois are my lover
  • ShukriShukri October 2012
    There are many that keep only local kois.........and are happy with it! i.e. never had the chance to see Japanese kois.
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
  • wmc19wmc19 October 2012
    Don;t worry ,we need to enjoy the hobby,whether we keep local or japanese (imported )
    koi, most sifus have quite deep pocket,and participate in koi show to keep up-dated.
    Most of us have small ponds(below 8 tons ) so its a waste of money to buy expensive koi.
    (cannot define what is expensive, depends on our pocket ) but the fun is koi hunting with friends, buy fantastic koi for Rm 100.00 ( refer to Handsome thread.) and make everyone jelous,
    Just my 2 cents
  • jamiltjamilt October 2012
    I have one local chagoi, accidental breeding from local mudpond that belong to bro @deenblitzed. its a very beautiful chagoi to me even though its local.
    Post edited by jamilt at 2012-10-25 09:59:57 am

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership