Latest acquisition and pond update
  • SsmannSsmann October 2012
    Bros and Sis,

Finally, I muscled the strength and time to cull all my koi bar 1 and added some new ones.

What are your thoughts on these Showas....all comments welcome pls so as I can learn and appreciate the hobby and cultivating better selection skills, tq

PS - forgive the pic quality Ipad shots taken by the mrs : )

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/10014/showa latest.JPG
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/10015/showa latest 2.JPG

This was the 1st ever koi I got when I first set up me pond, very sentimental....too me she is most special and is a keeper...a real fatty!! hahahaha

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/10016/1st koi.JPG

My kohaku has a shimi....water too hard....what can be done to remove this shimi pls?

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/10017/kohaku shimi.JPG

Will soon post a youtube video update of pond.....
    Post edited by Ssmann at 2012-10-14 12:06:30 pm
  • grinkz01grinkz01 October 2012
    your 2 showas looks promising bro, the one with white color in head area is better. Which farm is this ?
    Bro, the one with the white head is from Sakai whereas the other from Isa. Tq bro!
  • niveknivek October 2012
    Nice! I like the Isa showa.
  • adleeadlee October 2012
    yalah bro kevin i like the showa too! do post for their future later bro ssmann
  • BthineshkumarBthineshkumar October 2012
    Bro, I like the Isa as well. Looks gud (Y)
    Video upload of pond...sorry for poor quality, this is my 1st ever youtube video upload :-D

Bubbles are due to salting at 0.25% due to new addition Showa's post quarantine period
  • niveknivek October 2012
    Wahhh your fatty is really fatty in the video. Nice nice :)
  • DanleeDanlee October 2012
    Bro Ssmann,
    I like both your showa =D> =D> =D> . The Isa showa will look even better if we have some white on the head, Maybe you can look for Sifu Shukri.... (Y) (Y) (Y)
  • ShukriShukri October 2012
    Who who who! I only know about knife and cutting.......hehehehe! Any koi victim for me? :-)) :-D
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
    Yes bro shukri....got a shimi removal experiment......hehehehehe
    Bro Danlee, thanks for your kind words. Coming from a sifu, I am touched and hope my keeping skills can be tested to take these beauties to their potential. Lots to learn...eg how to have some white on a black head, how to remove Shimi from my Kohaku, etc etc etc

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership