Koromo Showa
  • ythyth September 2012
    Dear All,
    How do you guys rate this momotaro sansai koromo showa 65cm?
  • ShukriShukri September 2012
    Bro Yap,
    I am not a fan of Momotaro kois....... Tail tube looks like lagging behind.......
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
  • ythyth September 2012
    Bro Shukri,
    I am not their fan too :),the tail tube for this koi is ok...compare to those that long and slim:)......thats why ask for some comments before i make up my mind haha
  • harry_luhurharry_luhur September 2012
    Bro Yap,
    Try to photo from above, this easier to judge body conformation.
    Regards,

Harry Luhur
  • ythyth September 2012
    Bro Harry,
    Will try to snap one when i go to dealer place:),by the way,take out the body confirmation factor,how is the overall quality?
  • smokersmoker September 2012
    Bro Yap,
    Like Bro Harry said, maybe a snap from straight up above would be easier to see.
    This koi is ok... but have to say.. not my favourite...
    And I'm wondering what makes you interested in this koromo showa.
    Remind you of someone from the past maybe ;;)
  • ythyth September 2012
    Bro Smoker,
    Nothing special lah...not my cup of tea too...just thought to get some special type of koi to swim in my pond and not make up my mind yet haha
  • grinkz01grinkz01 September 2012
    why you call this as koromo showa? looking from its beni, it looks like normal showa ? but pattern wise is not my type also.
    Bro Yap,

This koromo showa is too much beni, too few shiroji. The good body koromo showa is Yamakoshi which win in Rinyukai, and now swimming in bro Soo Pond. Ake Yonsai @80cm last month, this the photo for rinyukai at 78cm, when come back to Malaysia have fast few week due to fungus. The fish as ake sansai 70cm during September auction. 10cm for 1 year, the grow is superb, and i quite confident it can reach 1meter long.

When this koromo swim, i drool to its beauty, very majestic. His thick and wide tailtube and strong backbone make is swim with style. I had it offered to cust before rinyukai, many consider becuase itis not finished. And i regret i don't take it back then, now it swim at bro Soo pond, i wonder if it is available for sell :(
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/9588/Momotaro-Koromo-Showa-3sai-78cm-Female_1348673275620_s.jpg
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/9589/MMTR-KS-3sai-78cm-F%20(R).jpg
    Regards,

Harry Luhur
  • grinkz01grinkz01 September 2012
    bro harry, same question to you. why u call itas koromo showa? I think it is ai goromo one, the only kormo showa I've ever seen is the one belong to felix denanta.
  • ythyth September 2012
    Bro Grinkz01,
    I think bro harry is the right person to answer haha
    Bro Harry,
    Bro Ng offered me this koromo showa before the rinyukai show,at that time i just feel that the sumi not there and the price tag for this nongosanke also quite high :),the body is better than many gosanke and is a superb koromo showa,and will be a strong contender for GC of nongosanke at any show if the sumi come up?do you think the sumi will appear in future?
  • Ivanlo24Ivanlo24 September 2012
    Actually, Bro YTH's is a Koromo Showa.
    If you look at the portion of the beni, there is the blue scalation that you expect of a Goromo. From the pic, I cannot tell if the blue scalation is even and throughout all of the beni. If yes, this can be an interesting fish.

Bro Harry's Pic is only a Goromo.

For me, all Goromo must be big, as when they are small or medium size, the beni looks very dirty.
    Bro Grinkz,

This koi was auction as Koromo Showa. The sumi not rise yet or maybe this koi have showa gen, soit bettter for breeder to call it Koromo Showa. Both will enter on the same class. If put in Indonesia, i believe the sumi will develop faster.

Bro Yap,

For me, i highly appreciate how the koi swim. Koi with good and strong backbone will swim very elegantly. When koi flap its tail, half body from back will move and 2-3 thrust forthe koi to swim. With a weak tailtube and backbone, it need more thrust, and tailtube swing. It is a bit difficult to explain but if often see big jumbo fish swim, you will understand what i mean. It is like compare a duck and swan swimming. Or maybe a 1500cc and 6000cc car, both can reach the 200km/h, on 1500cc car need to hit pedal and machine will scream like hell, while with 6000cc car you easily reach it.
    Regards,

Harry Luhur
  • ythyth September 2012
    Bro Harry,
    Definately understand this bro,thats why we all dig deep into this hobby :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership