1. Shukri
    2. Idris
    3. Pandai
    4. Captain

List of ponds to visit in Penang:

1. Yamakoshi Penang
    2. TK
    3. Nivek
    Get Kenkona Koi and Kenkona Bio at special price online at http://kenkonakoi.blogspot.com/
    Post edited by Shukri at 2012-08-28 08:15:32 pm
  • niveknivek August 2012
    aiks~nivek's pond not ready yet lol..2013 only can :-))
  • ShukriShukri August 2012
    Bro Nivek,
    It is not how canggih a pond is, or how expensvie the koi collection that one has........It is the brotherhood and the comradeship that matters......so, please do not worry.

Small ponds or big ponds......do not matter.....

Else we are in the wrong Hobby and wrong Community........ :-D

Relaxs bro!
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
  • harry_luhurharry_luhur August 2012
    Bro Shukri,

I planned visit yamakoshi penang on September 9th 2012
    Regards,

Harry Luhur
  • niveknivek August 2012
    Bro Shukri, you're spot on haha :)
  • BthineshkumarBthineshkumar August 2012
    Wow, this would be great....

I won't be in town from 8th to 20th Sept. Sorry Bro Harry, would be really glad to meet you. When you will be going back?
    Then Sifu shukri pond visit, followed by Wakagoi show....
    I can see some available dates (chose Saturday and Sunday)
    1) 13th and 14th Oct (would be too rushing for some as just one week after wakagoi show)
    2) 20th and 21st Oct (working Saturday but can apply leave loh)
    3) 27th and 28th Oct (Raya Haji)
    4) 3rd and 4th November (Would be best date).

Bro Nivek, how about you?
  • niveknivek August 2012
    I'm ok for October :)
  • harry_luhurharry_luhur August 2012
    Bro TK,

I visiting for 1day only, arrive at 8th night and on 9th night fly to Medan for some work
    Regards,

Harry Luhur
    Sorry Bro Harry, really hoped to meet you. :-(
    But definately there would be next time.
    Have a safe journey
  • niveknivek August 2012
    Suggested agenda for Penang pond visit :

Morning
    1) Kevin's (nivek) pond
    2) another person's pond on island

Break for lunch

Afternoon
    1) TK's pond
    2) Yamakoshi

Dinner + lepak
    Bro Nivek,
    Sounds good.......Lunch nasi kandar, and dinner tu Sea Food........what say you? :-D
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
  • niveknivek August 2012
    Ya we can have Tambun seafood for dinner then back to GHotel and lepak at the coffee houses at Gurney Plaza after you all have freshen up :)
  • niveknivek August 2012
    If there's no room at GHotel, you can try Evergreen Laurel just down the road of Gurney Drive. Its cheaper than GHotel.
    Brother Nivek,
    G Hotel? What does G stands for? ........ String ka? :-)) :-D

I can also give a crash course on IM, IP & IV injection method.
    Also if need to administer B12, where is the best place to inject..... :-D
    Can also talk about the right procedure to squeeze for milt, and how to read
    the koi vents......and anything else that you guys want to discuss and talk about.
  • niveknivek August 2012
    haha G - Gurney lah

Cool stuff on the medic talk. Very much appreciated :) "How to spot tategois at RM100 price" would be another good topic hahahaha
    Post edited by nivek at 2012-08-29 08:51:28 pm
  • pandaipandai August 2012
    Nasi kandar??? Seafood??? I'm drooling already!!!! =P~

With regards to what's (inadvertently) posted in the other thread, I know an excellent place to have nasi campur for lunch kampung style near Kepala Batas with its speciality daging bakar cicah air asam, ikan bakar harimau menangis, jus pala etc.

I have a nice and comfy MPV and I'm more than happy to drive the KL gang up North!
    Get Kenkona Koi and Kenkona Bio at special price online at http://kenkonakoi.blogspot.com/
    Post edited by pandai at 2012-08-29 08:58:30 pm
  • niveknivek August 2012
    Cendol and ais kacang also :P
    Jangan lupa 'air kelapa muda' bro...........nice and refreshing....... (Y)
    Bro pandai,
    Comfortably, how many can the MPV take?
    Post edited by Shukri at 2012-08-29 09:03:52 pm
  • niveknivek August 2012
    Oh ya and that too Bro Shukri. Now they even have coconut jelly..very nice and cooling :-))
    7 adults including driver in a 2-2-3 seat arrangement. If u want to be more comfortable, if someone like me or bro Idris (jangan mare...!) have to seat in the last row, then 6 in total would be better. Luggage space not bad. It's an Estima by the way.
    Post edited by pandai at 2012-08-29 09:06:38 pm
    Let's nail the dates..........and make this happen......
    If we have more than 6, then we will have to get another MPV.
    12 people sounds good.........
    My MPV will have nice songs, latest movies if you wish and also free flow of snacks and drinks. Come come to my car!!! \:D/
  • niveknivek August 2012
    As bro TK suggested :

2) 20th and 21st Oct
    3) 27th and 28th Oct (Raya Haji)
    4) 3rd and 4th November (Would be best date).
    Post edited by nivek at 2012-08-29 09:13:20 pm
    20th & 20th October coincides with MotoGP in Sepang - not good
    Raya Haji - have to be with family la...
    3rd & 4th November fits me well. I vote for this one!
  • idrisidris August 2012
    Ok I second bro pandai..I will bring my own car because HM will come also..thinking to go Makan durian at balik pulau...

I suggest we start our journey very early morning on Saturday...when arrive Penang than we visit 2 ponds...after that go Makan, check in hotel and take a rest...afternoon around 2 pm we start back pond visit..yamakoshi will be the last to be visit...then we go back hotel, refresh and then dinner..at least we don't rush things there...take it easy they we will enjoy more...that night we can enjoy chatting at coffe shop...next day we check out 12 pm Sunday then drive back...at least we have enough rest...safety first...so this trip is two in 1...pond visit and holiday...few good hotel are available at Penang island..I will proposed few..
  • idrisidris August 2012
    On second thought..probably I will take off on that Friday and went to Penang early...more time for me and HM there...hehehehe....
    Hi all Sifu and bro's
    Just back from my local trip. Few recommendation:
    Option 1) Travel from kl early morning and reach Penang by 10 am. Visit Bro Nivek pond in Penang, have lunch in Penang Nasi Kandar(later both me and Nivek would advice), check in hotel(I would advice few option with rate) and refresh. Leave hotel by 2 pm to Yamakoshi and spend time till 5 pm. Then go to my pond in Juru and can finish before 7 pm. Drive to Tambun Seafood, finish dinner, back to hotel, coffee and koi talk. Sleep or gurney walk. Hehe.
    Sunday morning go to Halal dimsum in Gurney drive, Check out, visit another koi pond or visit zen koi. Later to balik pulau for durian(not season now,not sure got or not, would check tomorrow) back to Kl

Option 2)Travel from kl early morning and reach Juru(last toll) by 10 am. Visit my pond, lunch in Kampung Juru Ikan Bakar shop(Ikan Bakar,ketam, mee udang and others). Visit Yamakoshi and spend time till 5 pm. Drive to Tambun Seafood, finish dinner, check in hotel, coffee and koi talk. Sleep or gurney walk.
    Sunday morning go to Halal dimsum in Gurney drive, Check out, visit Nivek pond, lunch in Nasi Kandar. Later to balik pulau for durian and back to Kl

Would check with Yamakoshi if there are any new shipment during Nov, if yes can go for Koi hunting as well. If purchased any koi during visit as planned, Yamakoshi can deliver to Yamakoshi Tropicana and collect from there (not sure on charges)

Sifu and Bro's pls advice
    Post edited by Bthineshkumar at 2012-08-30 12:36:58 am
    Bro pandai,
    One seat for me please in your MPV....... :-D
    Early November is OK for me......
    Bro TK,
    We will advice you on which option is best for us........
    I need to hear from the others guys........
    Bro Shukri, yup, the co-pilot seat cum backup driver cum car entertainer cum koi-talk-on-the-move speaker is yours!
    No problem bro...........
  • farikfarik August 2012
    bros, the penang trip is not to be missed but i can only opt for the 20th,21st Oct or other weeknds in november but not the 3rd,4th as already have plans elsewhere.how about 10th and 11th Nov.If it goes through I will be bringing my whole family to Penang.Accomodation for me not a problem... as always put up at Berjaya Georgetown city hotel which is nearby Gurney Plaza....Looking at all the makan places....saliva all drooling already....
  • gerrygerry August 2012
    Hmmm.... sounds exciting.... gonna ask my parents wanna go or not.... :-D
  • idrisidris August 2012
    i agree, if we bring family together is better..it would beter koi trip and holiday..after this HM will surely support more..hehehehe

so 10 and 11 then what say others?

please list back the updated names...
    Hmmmm......13th Nov(Tuesday) is Deepavali celebration. So would be busy on 11th (Nov) Just checked with HM.
    HM ok with the pond visit but likely can't join the team for Sunday fun.
    Post edited by Bthineshkumar at 2012-08-30 04:33:34 pm
    Room rates:
    1) G- Hotel - Along Gurney drive facing sea
    Superior Room: Corporate Rate: RM 380 ++

2) Gurney Hotel - Along Gurney drive facing sea
    Studio Suite: Corporate Rate: RM 220 nett with Breakfast

3) City Bayview - In town
    Standard room: No corporate rate: RM 194.80 without Breakfast
    Deluxe Room: Corporate rate: RM 226.20 with Breakfast

4) Bayview Resort- Batu Feringgi facing beach (boleh cuci mata 8-| :p )
    FULLY BOOKED :-(
  • jaysonjayson August 2012
    if you guy drop by balik pulau also can visit my pond too :p
    Alright. So go balik pulau, eat durian and Jayson pond visit
    Destination: Penang
    Date: tbc

Participants for the trip:
    1. Shukri
    2. Idris
    3. Pandai
    4. Captain

1. Yamakoshi Penang (Kepala Batas)
    2. TK (Juru)
    3. Nivek (Near Gurney area)
    4. Jayson (Balik Pulau)
  • farikfarik August 2012
    Bro idris,
    great minds think alike...he,he...i didn't realize that 11th is Deepavali.... so we can have Deepavali open house and pond visit??? ya lah...to get visa from HM not so easy as still got a 3yr old daughter....therefore have to bring all.20th and 21st OCT also can for me....as not into gp...racing. I don't think the durian at balik pulau still available....i have a relative there....so no more in season.
  • YipmYipm August 2012
    To all my bros ,how can I miss this trip?
  • idrisidris August 2012
    No...u can't! Hehehe
    Hahahahaha Bro Michael,
    You are in bro..........
    You're most welcome bro Michael
    Honestly I marvel our Brother Michael that even though he is going through a torrid time with regards to his kois, he is taking things calmly and doing the best he can to contain the thing that is affecting and killing his kois...........

And I seriously hope that the worst is over.......
    Hang in there Bro Michael........
    Bro Michael, so, do we reserve you a seat in the MPV?
  • YipmYipm September 2012
    Sorry for the delay in replying Bro Sukri as have been travelling .Thanks for your kind words and joining you guys will make me forgotten completely the painful experience that i have gone thru in the last couple of weeks. If you put these guys in the same MPV, i just cannot imagine what is going to happen? Havoc bro.

Bro Pandai,tentatively yes and will advise if otherwise. Thanks bro
  • pandaipandai September 2012
    Thanks bro. Welcome to the havoc van!
  • FPSooFPSoo September 2012
    Hi All,

I am very thankful to your intention to visit Yamakoshi Penang. Depending on your visit timing, we may be in Japan as this is the main season for sourcing between Oct thru Dec however we shall make arrangement to accomodate your arrival by one of us (Mah , Ng or myself).

If your schedule is not too busy, you may visit my pond as well at Batu Uban (penang island)...
    here is my pond view...
  • idrisidris September 2012
    Wahh mr soo..tq for the invitation..or course we would be gladly to visit sifu pond...hehe
  • niveknivek September 2012
    Ya ya sifu's pond top priority!
  • ythyth September 2012
    Bro Soo,
    Wah the momotaro koromo showa and 2mil yen isa showa and one good sakai kohaku are in your pond already ah :)
    Post edited by yth at 2012-09-03 10:01:01 pm
  • jaysonjayson September 2012
    Bro Soo, view from top wide angle also can see ur koi is huge :)
  • BthineshkumarBthineshkumar September 2012
    Wah, Soo San collection is awesome, a must visit pond
    Thanks for the compliments... Hopefully I will be around when you guys come to Penang otherwise Mah or Carine/Patrick will be there for your visits.

This year auction is crazy schedule...1st Oct Dainichi , 3rd Oct Sakai and 5th Oct Momotaro and I will be carrying Malaysian flag and BOLEH spirits over there and hope to get your support to bid some of the auction piece when the photos are available...
  • pandaipandai September 2012
    Sifu's pond not overstocked at all, in fact, very very spacious! No wonder the kois are of superb growth and quality... That explains - QUALITY over QUANTITY.
  • idrisidris September 2012
    i counted for 11 pc in sifu soo pond..same like my pond...hehehe...so bro shukri, still want overstock ka??hahahhaha
    At some point of time, everyone will be looking towards quality than quantity... this is a natural process of every hobbyist. It is just a matter of how fast you move up the ladder. Those who move on to this level will find more pleasure looking at their fishes every single time and less worry of weighing between selling , giving or releasing them to rivers or public ponds. Those kind of feelings is a STRESS...i have gone thru this and quickly make the change within short time. I enjoy sharing my leisure moments with my fish every time i go near my pond. You should do the same...
  • ashfaqashfaq September 2012
    Brother Fpsoo, so beautiful kois and pond, love your kohaku.
    Hope you wond mind, if i share this on facebook :)?
    Thanks,
    Ashfaq from India-Chennai
    anything appear in public can go another public...please be my guest...
  • niveknivek September 2012
    Date: tbc

1. Shukri
    2. Idris
    3. Pandai
    4. Captain

2. TK (Juru)
    3. FPSoo (Batu Uban)
    4. Nivek (Near Gurney area)
    5. Jayson (Balik Pulau)
  • pandaipandai October 2012
    Hmmmm... One forgotten thread... Are we all still on with this plan??? :-?
  • idrisidris October 2012
    I'm In anytime bro pandai...
  • niveknivek October 2012
    Sorry guys, have to remove my pond from the list :P

2. TK (Juru)
    3. FPSoo (Batu Uban)
    4. Jayson (Balik Pulau)
  • pandaipandai November 2012
    Ok guys, so let's revive this Penang Educational Tour 2012 plan...!!!

Is bro @shukri, @idris, @ikankoikau, @yipm still on to it???

May I suggest heading there on Saturday, 17th November 2012 and coming back Sunday, 18th November 2012?

Date: 17-18 November 2012

1. Shukri
    2. Idris & HM
    3. Pandai
    4. Captain
    5. Michael
    ...... ANYONE ELSE WANNA JOIN??? :-bd

2. TK (Juru)
    3. FPSoo (Batu Uban)
    4. Jayson (Balik Pulau)
  • ShukriShukri November 2012
    The dates have to be reset I think.........

I can't make it from the 16 to the 18 of November.

Bro pandai...........please take the lead...........
    Oh yeah, I just remembered... Sorry bro Shukri...

Let's vote then;

24-25/11 : I'm okay but have to return early as I have to travel on Sunday night
    1-2/12 : Pandai
    8-9/12 : Pandai
    15-16/12 : Pandai

Ok, please vote... \:D/
  • idrisidris November 2012
    25 I have final exam...
  • YipmYipm November 2012
    Bro Pandai, I am ok from 8-9 Dec
  • idrisidris November 2012
    I will confirm my availability bro pandai...
    Bulan 12 is out for me..........
    If in November after the 18th, I am fine.

But then again, up to the masses.......if I can't make it, then you guys please proceed......
    Oh c'mon bro Shukri... It wouldn't be fun lah without you.... :-((
    Then make it happen in late November, else after the 18th of December........
  • YipmYipm November 2012
    I am ok after Dec 18 too bros
    I'm not okay Christmas week and thereafter... Haiyaaa... :-?
    The tally so far:

24-25/11 : Pandai, Shukri
    1-2/12 : Pandai, Idris
    8-9/12 : Pandai, Idris, Michael
    15-16/12 : Pandai, Idris
    22-23/12 : Idris, Michael, Shukri
    29-30/12 : Idris, Michael, Shukri

Anymore of the KL bros??? C'mon laaa... This is not a private trip - it's open to all koikichis! \:D/
  • IzrulIzrul November 2012
    Would like to join esp TK's pond and yamakoshi but 18 Dec is my wife's due date for our second child....now also already sarat :-D
    Have fun bros!
    Bring her along la Bro Izrul... Penang also got hospital maaa.... ;-)
    :-)) :-))
    Estima surely comfy but delivering in estima :-ss
    If preggy kois no prob as bro shukri has the capabilities... :-D
  • ikankoikauikankoikau November 2012
    Bros,
    Once we hv confirmed the date, I will try to arrange for off days. I dont think the wedding bell is going to ring in Dec so I am open to any decided date :-D
    Wow! Someone is talking about wedding already... =D> I can imagine; a wedding reception by the koi ponds... :X

<blockquote rel="pandai">Bring her along la Bro Izrul... Penang also got hospital maaa.... ;-) </blockquote>

Surely have hospitals there........ :-D
    <blockquote rel="ikankoikau">Bros,
    Once we hv confirmed the date, I will try to arrange for off days. I dont think the wedding bell is going to ring in Dec so I am open to any decided date :-D </blockquote>

Wah Bro Borman,
    Congratulations in order to you........I mean a pre congrats....... :-D
  • koiBoykoiBoy November 2012
    aiyo, ill be there on the 14-16th this month... :-S
  • KahhoeKahhoe November 2012
    Wow ... Congrats bro Borman !!! :-D =D> :-D
    Rearing Nishikigoi are very interesting ... Just observe their development ... Everybody loves them =)
  • BthineshkumarBthineshkumar November 2012
    Congrats Capt :-D
    As bro Pandai suggest, I believe the kenduri would be next to Koi Pond :-))
    And the "hantaran" (dowry) from the bride to the groom is a set of koi "serba-satu" (one each). 1 kohaku, 1 sanke, 1 showa, 1 utsurimono, 1 asagi/shusui, 1 tancho, 1 hikari, 1 koromo/goshiki, 1 kawarimono and 1 kin-gin-rin.

You agree bro Capt.??? \:D/
  • mrkoimrkoi November 2012
    <blockquote rel="pandai">And the "hantaran" (dowry) from the bride to the groom is a set of koi "serba-satu" (one each). 1 kohaku, 1 sanke, 1 showa, 1 utsurimono, 1 asagi/shusui, 1 tancho, 1 hikari, 1 koromo/goshiki, 1 kawarimono and 1 kin-gin-rin.

You agree bro Capt.??? \:D/ </blockquote>

And hantaran to the "Bride" can include with Kenkona Bio and Kenkona Koi (1 dulang). Congratulation Capt.

:-D
    Congrats capt borman =D>
  • niveknivek November 2012
    Congrats Captain (Y)
    Jangan lupa invite kita semua....... :)
  • smokersmoker November 2012
    Congrats Bro Captain (Y)
  • ikankoikauikankoikau November 2012
    Brudders,
    Let me stop the rumour before it gets worst. When I said no wedding bell on Dec, it doesnt mean there will be any wedding bell that soon:-))

With our kind of hobby, where got time to go for a date. Aiyooo.... I got so panic when I saw so many congrats wishes:-)) I will surely invite you guys if there is a wedding near my pond. How can I start searching for the right girl while I am still busy searching for the right Kohaku, sanke and showa :-))
  • YipmYipm November 2012
    I saw a very nice and pretty lady in Klang and not sure who is that?
  • niveknivek November 2012
    Capt, are you looking for 362436? HAHAHAHA :-))
  • harry_luhurharry_luhur November 2012
    Bro Borman,

When plane on autopilot, can go out. Many girls attracted to uniformed men.
    Regards,

Harry Luhur
    :-)) :-)) :-))
    Rumours is quicker to multiply than bacteria i guess :-))
  • KahhoeKahhoe November 2012
    Use Kenkona koi to stop bacteria(rumours) from multiplying ..... Hahahaha :-)) :-)) :-))
    Rearing Nishikigoi are very interesting ... Just observe their development ... Everybody loves them =)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership