Worth the price? Utsuri Shiro
  • JackInTheBoxJackInTheBox August 2012
    Hi, new member here. Can you guys check out this shiro for me.
    I just love the body and the sumi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=67pfU2haJp8

Information that was provided by the seller -
    60bu
    Female
    Cost $2500
    Worth buying it?
    Post edited by Shukri at 2012-08-20 07:28:06 pm
  • ShukriShukri August 2012
    Bro Jack,
    Just wondering from which farm? Omosako? Good body for a Shiro. The Sumi is good. The Shirogi could be whiter, and wish that the Mutoguro is kind of balance. I can't actually comment on the pricing right now.....
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
    Bro Skukri,
    That actually what worried me from buying this shiro. I don't think the seller know which farm the shiro come from.
    I think the price is outrageous though but still, i want more experience expert to tell me if this shiro worth the due?
  • harry_luhurharry_luhur August 2012
    $ is sgd?

The sumi more dominant in this shiro, i prefer more shiroji than sumi, because in our pond black pond, shiroji is more contrast, but all back to our taste again. Sumi good and considerable good pattern. A little weak on tailtube, can see when it swing,but again this is shiro typical.

When choosing a fish, i also consider price. All fish are good IMHO, bad fish is when you pay RM1000 for RM100 fish.
    Regards,

Harry Luhur
    Post edited by harry_luhur at 2012-08-20 08:56:12 pm
    Bro Harry, So... is this shiro worth $2500 us dollar.

Bro YLLiau, I don't know how to use inbox, so i would just reply it here ok? i'm living Cambodia but this shiro is in Vietnam. Its US dollar bro :-).
  • chechuoichechuoi August 2012
    2800$..I've seen the price it at znavn forum.
    This shiro has beautiful pattern,strong body...love it.
    Post edited by chechuoi at 2012-08-20 10:13:11 pm
    Bro Jack,

Without knowing the oyagoi mean you don't have a cert. Without a cert, we cannot judge the fish age. And when buying kois, i actually buying future, and without knowing his basic, very difficult to predict its future. If this is a sansai fish, i would consider it ok to buy. But if this fish age gosai, then there surely very little chance for this fish to grow to jumbo status quo.

But if you happy with this shiro, go ahead. But would rather wait for another season nisai. Maybe you need to pay more for good quality nisai, but at least we have something to hope for.
    Regards,

Harry Luhur
  • wongyengwongyeng August 2012
    Very nice body indeed :P
    If this pc has a cert, your mind will be more at ease :D
  • cubercuber August 2012
    I think everything's okay with this shiro, but the tail tube like bro Harry said is kinda weak compare to the size of the fish, and too many sumi if it is for me to say. For that price I would rather look for other nisai shiro with cert, I really believe you could be able to get a good piece of nisai shiro with cert for that kind of price.
  • ashfaqashfaq August 2012
    Definitely a beautiful shiro and worth to buy for.
    Thanks,
    Ashfaq from India-Chennai
    Hi Jack,
    Welcome to Koianswers Forum. Good to see another hobbyist from Vietnam joining us. There you go, the Community has given their unbiased opinions. In due time,the others will chip in as well.
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
    And Chechuoi,
    Welcome as well. Are you from Vietnam also?
    Post edited by Shukri at 2012-08-21 12:35:03 am
    It is true, for these kind of pricing, without a certificate and not knowing the farm and the Oyagois, it is kind of difficult to ascertain and confirm how old the koi is. But, if you like it Bro Jack, go for it man...........
    Hi bro Shukri.
    Yes, I'm from Vietnam ... Koi clubs in VN has just started about 4 years , everything is in its infancy.
    Happy to join the forum to learn and share. :X
    Post edited by chechuoi at 2012-08-21 07:27:48 pm
    Welcome Bro Chechuoi,

We have many new koikichi from Vietnam, won't be so lonely if ever want to visit Vietnam.
    Regards,

Harry Luhur
  • koikichivnkoikichivn August 2012
    nice to see you here chechuoi... I know you have visited this forum quite long time ago like me..
  • koikichivnkoikichivn August 2012
    Bro Jack

I think this shiro Utshuri has weak tail tube ... it shall be a problem when it grows bigger..
    Brother koikichivn,
    I second your observation.....
  • alankeithalankeith August 2012
    Bro koikichivn and bro chechuoi nice to know that vn also have koi Hobbist. Hope in oct when I go vn for holiday hope to meet u all up for a chit chat lol
  • tpsmaxwelltpsmaxwell August 2012
    Hi bro Chechuoi,
    Che Chuoi is a Vietnamese delicious dessert - mixture of bananas in coconut milk. hope to try it one day. WELLCOME!!!
    Thanks everyone for your comment. I will try my luck in Malaysia koi live auction first then will decide if i should get this shiro or not. I don't think the shiro going anywhere for now, so i got plenty of time.

Its good to see that there are a lot of VNese in this community, sadly no Cambodian.
    Thanks for the welcome .
    @tpsmaxwell : che chuoi is really delicious...Hopefully I can offer you chechuoi when you come Vietnam. >:D<
  • grinkz01grinkz01 August 2012
    bro jack....to me i dont really like its body and headshape...too thin..pattern is good but if i have to choose, i have more preference to take shiro from ikoipark (advertised in this forum also). price is quite similar also....sorry i am not intended to promote anything nor agency of ikoipark....just my personal opinion....
  • tpsmaxwelltpsmaxwell August 2012
    Hi bro Jack, we do not have any borders here, all are in the family.

Hi bro Chechuoi, thank you in advance. I heard of the mixture of papaya and milk is good for development of girl's boom boom. Wondering, is mixture of banana and milk good for men's toeng toeng??????
  • ashfaqashfaq August 2012
    Bro max :)
    Thanks,
    Ashfaq from India-Chennai
    haha ,bro Tpsmaxwell .. ;-)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership