Friend's Kohaku Keep Having Tumours On Its Head
  • gerrygerry August 2012
    Hi All,

Want to ask.... my uncle friend have a kohaku that keeps developing small tumours on its head...

He treats them - they heal - and another one would pop up again some time later.

Can the sifus out there advice how best to treat this Kohaku? The head area have become very unsightly with the tumors coming and going... it's been some time now....

Also, he does not have all these antibiotics and syringes which might help... just a man who love his kois dearly...

Please help. Thanks in advance! :)
  • ShukriShukri August 2012
    Pictures please..........that will help, before we come up with our opinion.........
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
  • gerrygerry August 2012
    Alamak... picture gotta wait till the weekend la... gotta drop by his place and take...
  • gerrygerry August 2012
    Ok.... in the meantime... it is something like this.... but the tumours are between the head and the shoulder.... This is just example but definitely looks the same like this...

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/8706/env. dis koi.jpg
    Gerry,
    Parts of the skin around the head and area around the mouth have been cut out. So I am not sure whether it is skin lescion, Hikui etc. But need to see the picture of the growth itself.....

Thanks..........
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
  • gerrygerry August 2012
    Ok... Will get it for you to see abang Shukri... Thanks! ;-)
  • harry_luhurharry_luhur August 2012
    This look more like hole in the head disease. Put medication, it cure but after a while it start again.
    Regards,

Harry Luhur
  • khongkhong August 2012
    May I ask what type of medication can be used for "hole in the head"?
    I have never had a personal experience with holes in the head for kois, but for those that had the problem said that re occurence is almost for sure to happen, and aways strike that very few individuals.......
  • harry_luhurharry_luhur August 2012
    Yes bro Shukri,

Have seem a few case of HITH, koi totally cure, but then suddenlyy it appear again. I think it mostly internal problem. It on and off
    Regards,

Harry Luhur
  • gerrygerry February 2013
    It's a bit late but what the heck.... fish is still alive and tumour is also alive and thriving...

The Kohaku in the video is the one I was talking about... tumour is still there... :-(

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership