How to get rid of Hair algae ?
  • dennis68dennis68 August 2012
    all the sifu here any suggestion that can get rid of hair algae ? my pond lately have a lot of hair algae , i put the algae killer but still the same .sakit kepala .............
  • HDCuHDCu August 2012
    What is your nitrate level and what is your water change rate?
  • ikankoikauikankoikau August 2012
    Bro Dennis,
    There are a lot of preventions on how not to get into this problem. Such as, to shade your pond and to reduce Nitrate. But to remove it immediately without having the dead string algae floating or blocking your filter mats and pumps, I would prefer to scrape it and having a fine net to collect it. Carry out 50% water change. Stop feeding a day or two. This will reduce Nitrate significantly. Some type of algae killer will affect the pond equilibrium and will cause havoc when the algae died.
  • ShukriShukri August 2012
    Till today, the algaes have not yet return to my pond. By right they should, but not as yet. I have a huge suspicion that it got to do with Remedor that I dosed my pond with before re introducing the fishes into the pond. Remedor is a real strong stuff.........
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
  • dennis68dennis68 August 2012
    Bro thanks for all the suggestions ! now i feed them 1/2 , and added bacteria , do you think the bacteria will help ?
    Post edited by dennis68 at 2012-08-07 03:31:16 pm
  • rsingamrsingam May 2014
    I have been having string algae problem lately. I tried several methods to rid the string algae in vain. Lately I was introduced to Algaefix by PondCare. It removed all my string algae within 2 weeks.
  • hkl84hkl84 May 2014
    I heard that Microbe-life pl could remove nitrate and solve the algae problem

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership