Dainichi's Daikon
  • SRathaSRatha July 2012
    Good evening all :-)
    Yesterday I've stumbled across Dainichi's Daikon oyagoi. To me the body has a massive presence and good pattern to boot. Truly a beautiful monster. Does anyone have any experience with this oyagoi's offspring? I would love to hear your feedbacks, I would love to try one of her offsprings.
    enjoy the picture and video :-)

Ratha

koianswers.com/discussion/download/8246/OyagoiDaikon copy.jpg

*I do not own this picture or video
  • megatronmegatron July 2012
    Body is superb!!!! Man..... Thanks for posted.
    Don't ask me why!!!
  • smokersmoker July 2012
    Woooow, thanks, Bro SRatha, appreciate this very much.
    Admire the body of this Daikon for long time, and thanks to you, now i get the chance to see the video.
    Thanks bro.
  • SRathaSRatha July 2012
    Bro Megatron and Bro Smoker :-) am just a messenger haha, but I hope I get a chance to own her offsprings in the near future.

Ratha
  • smokersmoker July 2012
    Bang Shukriii.... come see the video. This is the body you dream of, every night and day. :-))

Bro Ratha, everyone wishes to get one of her offsprings. hahahaha.
    Post edited by smoker at 2012-07-19 10:45:20 pm
  • SRathaSRatha July 2012
    bro Smoker, haha not only Bro Shukri dream, also many dream of this kind of body, the tail tube is so THICK! :-)
  • smokersmoker July 2012
    yes, her ozutsu is splendidly superb, very thick, body..very conform. and she is a showa.
    she's just like a role model for radish. The Radish Idol.
  • smokersmoker July 2012
    Just curious about daikon word, ever heard that in japanese dorama (well, i'm a fan of dorama) and found out, Daikon means Giant White Radish :-))

koianswers.com/discussion/download/8250/daikon.jpg
    Attachments
    daikon.jpg 30K
  • vinsonchuavinsonchua July 2012
    Superb body conformation. Certainly set the benchmark for my koi growth. Anyone know how long she measure?
  • DanleeDanlee July 2012
    Amazing!!!! Tail tube almost same size as her head. No wonder she is called Daikon...... Really curious to see whether her offspring will have the same thick tail tube......
    Post edited by Danlee at 2012-07-19 11:32:15 pm
  • SRathaSRatha July 2012
    Bro Smoker,
    haha, very nice! I never knew such body conformation exists! just wow!

Bro Vinson,
    this fish is about 80cm i think

Ratha
  • HWONGHWONG July 2012
    Bro Ratha,
    Thks for sharing..
    I have seen a Dainichi Kindai Showa with body almost like this at the Hong kong Koi show a few years back. Must see in person to appreciate. But I find this Daikon's shape a little too extreme lah 36-36-36 :)
  • deenblitzeddeenblitzed July 2012
    I would think Daikon's bigger than 80cm, Dainichi uses huge jumbo showas as parents. Gachapin measures 1m for example. If I'm not mistaken this oya is used at Dainichi Toyota City Branch in Aichi-Prefecture. Haven't seen any of her offsprings though.

Since we talking about Dainichi Oyas, I've got a soft spot for Buddha offspring showas even though I don't really like the variety too much. The good specimens have excellent skeletal structure w/ good ozutsu/tail tube. But they tend to look crappy tosai time, late bloomers.

You can see her in this video. The first fish harvested; from 0:05-0:30 minutes of the video. This oya is also used by the Toyota branch.

• harry_luhurharry_luhur July 2012
    Daikon offspring with charateristic of its oyagoi won't come cheap. On last Narita breeder auction, fixed price, the so so pattern already priced at ¥400k. The rest of these tategois is not for sale, they want to keep until nisai. I am afraid that i will get heart attack hearing its nisai price.
    Regards,

Harry Luhur
  • SRathaSRatha July 2012
    This fish characteristic is so rare, I have no doubt it will command high prices. Just like the kindai showa, I hope this fish can be the new trend in body structure.
  • ShukriShukri July 2012
    Bro Wahyu and all,
    It will remain to be a dream for me as far as the Daikons are concerned.....I believe it will be a cliff to climb in order to get a piece............ :)
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
  • smokersmoker July 2012
    Bro Harry and Bro Shukri,
    Yes, the tateshitas of Daikon must be very2 pricey :-D .
    Since the price of koi is skyrocketting, we can only dream or work really hard to have a piece of daikon. :-))

Dainichi has some oyagois with stunning body.
    Bro Ratha, do you also have video of Rikidouzan ?

koianswers.com/discussion/download/8264/Rikidouzan2.jpg
    koianswers.com/discussion/download/8265/Rikidouzan3.jpg
  • SRathaSRatha July 2012
    Bro Smoker,
    I have yet to come across a video of Rikidouzan.
    She is another beautiful oyagoi by the Dainichi operations! Thanks for sharing :-)
  • gerrygerry July 2012
    These are the creme de la creme of the koi fishes.... the only way we can get them and not spend a bomb is to print their photo (life size), put in waterproof plastic and float them in the pond..... :-))
  • wongyengwongyeng July 2012
    What's the difference between the Daikon and a Showa ?
  • ShukriShukri July 2012
    Wah Gerry! You get my drift eek! :-)) That way we can even get AJKS GCs to be swimming.........I mean floating in outponds..... :-)) :-D
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
  • AnuarAnuar July 2012
    Wow...

Unfortunately both Daikon and Rikidouzan's offsprings are quite rare in Malaysia. Hopefully the dealers can bring them in - if through a GO better still...

Bro Deen, I remember a Buddha offspring that you brought in for your customer through Narita... do you have a photo of her?
  • smokersmoker July 2012
    you can't get them swim, you get them float ! :-))
    Thanks sis gerry, that's brilliant idea, where you get that inspiration i never know :-))

• ShukriShukri July 2012
    :-)) :-)) :-))
  • gerrygerry July 2012
    Hahahahahahaha.... bro Smoker, the mind becomes creative when the need is desperate! :-D

Also borrowed this idea from bro Shukri la when he said that he will pass me a photo of his superb looking Kujaku.... ;;)

So with all these magnificent kois "floating" in my pond, I save on food, medication, electricity, etc, etc..... :-))
  • ShukriShukri July 2012
    (Y) =D> (rock)
  • pandaipandai July 2012
    Gerry,

If you actually did that one day (i.e. float a photo in your pond) I'm sure we can give you a special award of "Koikichi of the Year" or "Malaysia's craziest koikichi award" :-)) :-)) :-))
    Get Kenkona Koi and Kenkona Bio at special price online at http://kenkonakoi.blogspot.com/
  • gerrygerry July 2012
    Hahahahahahaha..... I'll gladly accept the award bro Pandai! \:D/
  • mrkoimrkoi July 2012
    Those sifu's "kujaku" was very nice sis gerry. You should see he's in action during Wakagoi Show this October.
  • gerrygerry July 2012
    Bro mrkoi,

Yes, will definitely be there! I wouldn't miss it for the world! ;-)
  • ShukriShukri July 2012
    Gerry,
    During your vacation, make sure your hp got Internet connection, can always log on into Koisanswers........ :-D
  • gerrygerry July 2012
    Yes yes..... need to go places where got Wi-Fi..... Maybe can hang out in the hotel lobby the whole day and watch for new comments on KoiAnswer.com. ;;)

• harry_luhurharry_luhur July 2012
    Dainichi daikon spawning video

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=-wSSvJZqXxg
    Regards,

Harry Luhur
    Post edited by Shukri at 2012-07-28 08:27:06 pm
  • SRathaSRatha July 2012
    Lets hope it works out better for them so we can see some similar specimen swimming in our ponds :-)
  • deenblitzeddeenblitzed July 2012
    Rikidozan is one of the pride & joy of Dainichi Koi Farm as koi production is concerned. FYI Rikidozan is actually bred by Sakai Fish Farm ( Hiroshima). She's an offspring of Rose Queen, the mother of many recognizable and celebrated kohakus; Yamato, Alexandria, M-Rose, M-Queen just to name a few.

Rikidozan was awarded Best over 80bu at the 37th Rinyukai in 2006. She measures meter long in length last time I heard (probably bigger & longer now). She's crossed with X. Jr males offsprings if I'm not wrong.

• jkjackyongjkjackyong July 2012
    To All Bro & Friends,

This is RIKIDOZAN Offsprings , Now just 2 Years one months old , Size: 54 Cm , Female.
    Just share with you friends, Interesting kohaku that i have , Now at our website on line koi bidding.

Here the photo to share on it, we have more pieces at our farm now. We will start post up for our on line koi auction.

[IMG]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn25/jackyolk/NewA1DAINICHIKohakuBloodlineRIKIDOZANSize54cmFemale.jpg[/IMG]

Cheers Cheers Cheers to all friends.

Best Regards,
    Jacky Ong
  • melvvvmelvvv July 2012
    dainichi daikon looks so huge that it swims funnily....anyway still my cup of tea.... :)
  • urbaneffectsurbaneffects February 2013
    Anyone seen the tosai, offsprings of Dainichi Daikon brought in by local dealers?
  • kominatokominato February 2013
    I guess the price must be Dai- namite pricing as well :-D
  • urbaneffectsurbaneffects October 2013
    Anyone seen the offsprings (tosai) of Dainichi Daikon in Malaysia yet??
  • ShukriShukri November 2013
    Nope! And probably it will be a long time still before it will hit Malaysia........
  • FPSooFPSoo November 2013
    I have a secret piece of Daikon kept in Japan...
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/14476/(yamakoshi) daikon 55cm.jpg
    Post edited by Shukri at 2013-11-09 04:19:38 am
  • FPSooFPSoo November 2013
    <blockquote rel="FPSoo">I have a secret piece of Daikon kept in Japan...
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/14476/(yamakoshi) daikon 55cm.jpg</blockquote>

Post edited by Shukri at 2013-11-09 04:20:21 am
  • yamakoshiyamakoshi November 2013

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/14477/yamakoshi daikon 55cm.jpg
    Post edited by yamakoshi at 2013-11-08 11:37:35 pm
  • gerrygerry November 2013
    :-bd
  • koiBoykoiBoy November 2013
    that body.... L3
  • urbaneffectsurbaneffects November 2013
    This size and pattern. 5 figure i suppose.. Hope one day we have see more tosai in Malaysia with affordable price.
  • niveknivek November 2013
    (Y) fuiyoh
  • KaajKaaj November 2013
    Brother Soo, you are killing me.....ever so softly
  • jaysonjayson November 2013
    L3 L3 L3 (Y)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership