• AndySittAndySitt November 2010
    A few of us visited AKA Koi Centre 2 days ago and we came across a koi food call Nobori. Bro Daniel mentioned that this food is very good for shiroji so I bought a 10kg pack for testing.. Has anyone tested this food? On the packing it states Super Wheatgerm..

http://www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/535/nobori.jpg

Nobori Koi Food is a preservative-free diet which optimizes both the immune system and the distinctive coloration of your prized Nishikigoi. Nobori Koi Food is made with nothing but natural ingredients with no artificial pigments. Nobori Koi Food contains Medicarp's premium lactoferrin and Hemathococcus agents to stimulate the immune response and stop disease before it starts. The pellets are floating type and will not cloud the water.

Nobori Food is one of the most advanced Koi Foods available. The benefit of this food will become clear within the first 10 days of feeding. When Nobori Food is fed over longer periods, the colours become more vibrant and overall health of your Koi will improve.

Nobori Food contains a vegetable plankton (Hematococcus) which gives your Koi a very distinctive colour and the white will become whiter. Nobori Food holds together until eaten and will not cloud the water.

Nobori Food is a highly digestible food and contains no artificial colouring agents. Nobori is formulated with only natural ingredients to maintain Koi in good health.

---------------
    Nobori Koi Food Guaranteed Analysis:
    Crude Protein: Min 37%, Crude Fat: Min 4%, Crude Fiber: Max. 3%, Ash: Max 11%, Moisture: Max. 10%

Nobori koi Food Ingredients:
    Wheat Flour, Fish Meal, Soybean meal, Cuttlefish Meal, Hemathococ

Post edited by AndySitt at 2010-11-07 10:39:00 am
    Attachments
    nobori.jpg 104K
  • bibikoibibikoi November 2010
    let us know the results bro, want to try... have been feeding lots of wheatgerm to my fishes and slowing down their growth to control colour and quality....

wheatgerm also supposed to help digestion, and its with that help which actually makes the fish shed the yellowish colour of their skins. Apparently, a dealer said, that the yellow is caused by the fishes inability to digest food properly. so will try more wheatgerm before the show and see what happens...
  • ikankoikauikankoikau November 2010
    Bro Andy,

I hv tried Nobori during my early stage of koi keeping. Honestly, no complaint but no obvious result too. Kois seemed to be healthy. I noticed that it did keep the shiroji white. I fed nobori and saki hikari colour. Nobori supposed to keep the shiroji white and act as wheatgerm. But cannot tahan lah as the growth was q slow with this combo.

The good part, nobori is q cheap actually. Maybe nobori will be great for preparation for the show if you are happy with the size. Keep us update bro.
  • AndySittAndySitt November 2010
    Bro, thanks. I am now feeding 80% Nobori to
    test it's effect since it's near to the Shinkokai show. I am not too concern about growth as my fish will grow even with wheatgerms.. I used to focus too much on growth which affects the fish beni and health.. I am trying to go slow on growth lately.. I find the school of thoughts for koi keeping keeps changing even among ourselves ..
  • SIMKEE2020SIMKEE2020 November 2010
    I used it 10 years ago and it was a great brand which Koi is very healthy, due to I can't get it in Malacca and switch to Hikari.
  • CasualCasual January 2011
    Hi guys,

I am new to the koi world. Any suggestion on koi food? may I know what are the main components needed for kohaku starters?

Thanks in advance = )
  • JoshuaChinJoshuaChin January 2011
    currently i'm using Saki hikari (growth + color enhancing) for my own koi, only thing is the food very oily..will switch to Sakai food and update the result :)
  • CasualCasual January 2011
    Thanks for the info Joshua bro, I wonder can we feed yeast for kois or not :p
  • JoshuaChinJoshuaChin January 2011
    never try before but u can try ask sifu here :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership