Sodium Thiosulphate
  • MikeMike July 2012
    Guys,

Any one who use sodium thiosulphate in their pond. I have diluted 10g of crystal ST into 100ml of water and from my test, 0.5ml of the mixed solution is able to dechorinate 10l of tap water. I would like to know what is the right dosage for those who use ST on their pond.

Cheers.
  • lautslauts July 2012
    Mike ,

I am informed by a dealer that 1crystal works for 9lit ot tap water . Maybe you can cal whether this gel with your calculation ?

ts
  • pandaipandai July 2012
    My dealer also gave a very approximate measurement - by showing hand gesture only, but what I gather and practice is about a tablespoon per ton of water I changed. So far so good... I didn't actually measure the chlorine level though... :-ss
    Get Kenkona Koi and Kenkona Bio at special price online at http://kenkonakoi.blogspot.com/
  • MikeMike July 2012
    Thanks for the input guys, found the ratio dy. 3.5g per tonne of water. Now where to find mini digital scale that can measure that accurately ...
  • lautslauts July 2012
    get that scale and you've just spend yourself 5yrs of ST cost :-))
  • MikeMike July 2012
    Lol, true as well TS. Manage to find a two decimal digital scale for RM80 :-S
  • pandaipandai July 2012
    Bro Mike,

I did a quick internet research. 1 tablespoon is approximately 12.5 gm of granulated sugar (what a useful fact, huh!) I guess that this is closest to sodium thiosulphate crystals. 1 tablespoon is 3 teaspoons. So I conclude that for a ton of water you need approx. 1 teaspoon.

Disclaimer: I take no responsibility if the above guideline is not correct and becomes harmful to you koi! :-S
    Get Kenkona Koi and Kenkona Bio at special price online at http://kenkonakoi.blogspot.com/

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership