help! water not crystal clear! Become weird and weird...
  • idrisidris July 2012
    few weeks ago i had to empty my filter chamber for 3 days to fix some leakage...after that as usual fill up back water and put bacteria enhancer to build up bacteria colony..

system running as usual and feeding oso same as before i fix the leakage..my water parameter as below:

ammonia: 0
    No2: 0
    No3: 5
    PH: 7.2

now my problem is water not crystal clear as it used to be..i attached the video to show the water condition..i change at least 7-10% water daily plus I drip from tap water 24/7...my only thinking is the UV not working properly..am i right? I dont know... need friends and sifu here advice..

Post edited by idris at 2012-07-11 04:27:35 pm
  • HDCuHDCu July 2012
    Bro Idris,

I would just cut down on the feeding for awhile and gradually increase as soon as the water clears up. Three days had wiped out alot of your previous bacteria colony that needs to build up.
  • idrisidris July 2012
    Bro HDCU..I'm sorry...when this problem happend, i forgot to mention I already fast the koi for 3 days starting from last friday morning until today...but I can't see any improvements on the water condition...
  • idrisidris July 2012
    BTW bro HDCU...tq for fast response..u always help people when they have problem...
  • DK76DK76 July 2012
    Idris,just give a few more days for the good bacterial to work and I believed it'll clear up soon...btw u may wish to put DIY sieve in first SC so as to ensure no wastes over pollute your good bacterial in work...just my 2cent.
  • boykoiboykoi July 2012
    idris,

pond water is different from tap water, and it takes time for new water to mature into a polished pond water.i have same problem, took me more than a week to get back the usual polish but dont worry, if bacteria is ok on filter medias,this will polish and clear up in a few days.notice also that water has more bubbles when new water is added.just maintain your routine and gradual feeding for a week.it will be ok
  • lautslauts July 2012
    Is the source water clear bro ?

ts :)
  • idrisidris July 2012
    Bro dk76 and boy koi...tq for the advice...waste management and water parameter is not the problem...but the water clarity...koi are good none are flashing...now flushing filter chamber to eliminate any waste...

Bro dk76 my first chamber have DIY sieve and brush...tq for the suggestion bro...

Bro lau..very clear...infect I backwash my main tap water filter twice a day...

• farikfarik July 2012
    Bro Idris,
    your uv light working ah?most probably it is not....i had this prob long time ago....change the uv light then it was ok....esp with the bioload....wah sudah overstock bang...kolam kat keramat ni kosong lagi....he,he
  • idrisidris July 2012
    I think I found the problem...my 2.5 ton fully cover is totally crystal clear...but just now I change 15% wAter then pond water start getting cloudy...the incoming water is cloudy...I can't really see on the big pond changes but in the small pond easily can see it...I did open the tap water in front me but it looks ok...but once its in it's actually cloudy...what the hell.........
  • MikeMike July 2012
    Idris,

The water shouldn't be cloudy If you have a pre-filter (rocket filter) from the mins water before reaching your pond. If it is then you rocket filter might be kaput dy.
  • farikfarik July 2012
    Bro, your incoming water doesn't go through your pre filter...?
  • idrisidris July 2012
    Gone through bro..but still a bit cloudy...if you see straight out from pipes you can't notice it but if it's in a big volume and you flash with flashlight you can see a bit cloudy..
  • idrisidris July 2012
    Bro mike, rocket filter works fine I guess..bcoz when I flush there's dirt coming out then do it again 2, 3 times than the water clear. Bottom line how to solve this issu..I have to change the pre filter or just wait the main source to stabalize?..
  • pandaipandai July 2012
    Bro Idris, are u sure it's not because of the extreme kaw-kaw feeding for the GO competition??? ;-)
    Get Kenkona Koi and Kenkona Bio at special price online at http://kenkonakoi.blogspot.com/
  • idrisidris July 2012
    No lah bro pandai....hehehe
  • farikfarik July 2012
    Bro idris, like that kena change the pre filter or service the rocket lah bro....mana boleh tahan cannot see koi in clear water!!!!
  • idrisidris July 2012
    U are right bro farik...but will it be harmfull to the koi?
  • ikankoikauikankoikau July 2012
    Bro Idris,
    Just arrived Tokyo. It looks like you have found the cause of the problem. I was puzzled too when you told me about the water clarity. Is the pre filter came with the house? How long ago it was serviced? Maybe you might need to replanish the sand or material inside the filter.

How to see your new additions like that:-D

See you when I'm back. Salam.
  • ShukriShukri July 2012
    Rumors have it that bro Idris is feeding his Hoshikin Kohakus like 2 kg a day......now he is complaining about the water clarity.......Haiya! And I still have not seen my fishes, still with Bro seng Choon........

If it is true that the source water is cloudy, then just give it a day or two.......it will clear for sure.............don't sweat it bro!
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
  • pandaipandai July 2012
    Bumped into bro Seng Choon at Gonsanke Koi this afternoon. Looks like he's up to something... Hehe... Maybe he'll post his newest acquisition soon.... :-?
    Get Kenkona Koi and Kenkona Bio at special price online at http://kenkonakoi.blogspot.com/
  • idrisidris July 2012
    Bro ikk...yes the pre filter come with the house...I guess it already 9 years...will asked filter shop whether could change material inside if not change new set...same like u, I was like cramping my head to find what is the route cause...this add up my experience for pond troubleshooting...hope the cloudiness won't affected the koi..

Bro shukri...I believe the main source got problem..plus my pre filter is quite old so it could not coup with the incoming water condition...hows your new system running bang? Hope you achieve your objective and goal..BTW...after feeding the hoshikin grow out 2 kg per day, on the night time I will use tramsmore and secretly stuff pallet in their mouth... :-)) Bole lawan ka?hehe

Now just back from backyard checking on the koi condition...hehe..am I addicted? I think I am still normal...hehe..
    Post edited by idris at 2012-07-09 02:09:59 am
  • lautslauts July 2012
    Bro ,

Normally sudden cloudyness like your case is either source water or bact/algae bloom L-)
  • idrisidris July 2012
    Ok bro tq..but confirm water source because it happens when I change water at my 2.5 ton pond..tq bro for the advice..
  • ChengAunChengAun July 2012
    Perhaps you should install a pre filter purposely for the water input in the pond. Best to get it done before bulan puasa or it will be a headache for you uncle Idris.
    Be updated in the world of koi. Jangankan seperti "Koi di bawah bottom drain"
  • pandaipandai July 2012
    Bro Idris, if I'm not mistaken, the rule-of-thumb for domestic pre-filter is to change the filter element after every 3 years or so. Irrespective of types of element it is a good practice to do so in order to maintain performance of the filter plus also avoid harmful bacteria growth if any, in the element itself. Surely a minor cost compared to the investment already made on your pond's content.... ;-)
  • wongyengwongyeng July 2012
    How about putting some large sponge at filter chamber to collect the debris for a few weeks and see if water clears up ? Maybe after re-construction, still alot of dust.
  • ShukriShukri July 2012
    The cloudiness should have cleaned by now......... :-D , if not then Bro Idris has to do something.
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
  • pandaipandai July 2012
    After pond clear, we should have another pond visit with talapia bakar!!! =D>
  • ShukriShukri July 2012
    Bro Pandai,
    You are my man........I second your suggestion..... (Y)
  • idrisidris July 2012
    I already stop dripping tap water from this water as advice by one of the sifu and monitor for two days...the cost to change the media for pre filter is around rm400. So I made decision to change new pre filter( same size as they used in restaurant) + another small water filter before tap water enters my pond...the small filter is transparent so it will help us to see whether it's dirty or not..I believe with this I will have clearer, healthier water for family and kois...

Bro pandai...when we pointing fingers at others, another 4 our fingers pointing back at us...so, when is your pond visit? Hehehehe
    hahaha...good one bro :-))
  • pandaipandai July 2012
    Hmmmm.... :-? Let me see.... After Raya maybe? Need to do one last phase of my pond renovation and acquire a few more target fish. Then my compact pond will be finally complete and ready for high profile visitor like you guys... (really??? I doubt it! :-D it will just go on and on and on and on.... )

By the way, I have an ogon now swimming alongside your ogon in Raymond's pond. But mine only the size of your ogon's tail only! Haha...
  • idrisidris July 2012
    My ogon? I don't remember buying any ogon..ohh maybe you mean the super duper shining yamabuki ogon? Hahaha..I'm stuck at home today and tomorrow..Wednesday to Friday would be koi day..hehehe..
  • doctorsindrom46doctorsindrom46 July 2012
    sorry i'm newbie in kois but maybe can use bioearth to get crystal clear water..this product made from netural..1st used the water will look dirty but after 24hours u can the water turn to crytal clear..
  • ShukriShukri July 2012
    Bro doctor,
    I am not familiar with bioearth? Can you elaborate further.........
  • richardrichard July 2012
    hi, i using this as well for my current pond. It is some sort like clay effects has more than 64 minerals and good bacteria in it.
  • doctorsindrom46doctorsindrom46 July 2012
    i used for my arowana and kois ,but i dont know got effect or not with kois...and so far dont have any problem...

[IMG]http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s484/doctorsindrom46/BE.jpg[/IMG]
  • ShukriShukri July 2012
    Oh OK, it is Montmorillonite clay..............i.e. like refresh powder......
  • RonnieRonnie July 2012
    Bro doctorsindrom46,

really interesting product.what do you think bro Shukri?
  • ShukriShukri July 2012
    Ronnie,
    Bro Lauts knows a lot about this stuff.......
  • idrisidris July 2012
    Thank god...water clarity getting clearer...observe another day...thanks to the pre filter I guess..hehe..
  • RonnieRonnie July 2012
    bro,

will PM him.but always a problem looking for that kinda stuff here. X(
  • RonnieRonnie July 2012
    Bro idris,

that is a good news.my pond still in green water.day by day getting back clear after installing back my UV.lowering DOC in the same time.hope that will help my problem.
  • idrisidris July 2012
    Just test water parameter...NO2 is 0, ammonia is 0 but NO3 is 0 also! How is this possible?
  • idrisidris July 2012
    I check two times using API water tester..
  • ShukriShukri July 2012
    Bro Idris,
    Time to also check the solid waste in the water.......got meter or not?
  • ShukriShukri July 2012
    Bro Idris,
    Before this you were watching HINDUSTANI movies, now welcome to the reality of Koi Keeping....... If you are happy, the kois are not, and if the kois are happy, you are not.
    :-)) :-D
    Post edited by Shukri at 2012-07-11 05:41:08 pm
  • idrisidris July 2012
    Bro shukri...I know already how to solve this problem drastically...hehehe
  • RonnieRonnie July 2012
    Bro idris,

green water is included for NPS right if your not installing UV.that was the problem.after settling my NPS,off to work for 2 weeks,HM reported the water turn green.i told her maybe our UV is off or not functioning well.when i got back it was not green.it was black due the algae growth was too thick already. :-)) so i check and it was broken so i buy a new 38w laguna UV which is working wonderful.hehe...

solve problem drastically?mind to share bro idris?don't nuke the pond haa.. :O
  • ShukriShukri July 2012
    Bro Idris,
    I have a hunch on what you will do........... :)
  • idrisidris July 2012
    What I will do is not most hobbyist dare to do..hehe...later will tell once it done...
  • RonnieRonnie July 2012
    :-? interesting bro....update us... ;-)
  • ShukriShukri July 2012
    Bro Idris,
    I will wait for the cat to get out of the bag, even though I too am in the bag. :-)) :-D
  • ShukriShukri July 2012
    Bro Idris,
    How's the water issue? I hope it is back to normal now........
  • idrisidris July 2012
    Well as per this morning..water is crystal clear with the uv turn off and with 10 kois in my 18 ton.. Really a piece of mind....hehehehe
  • idrisidris July 2012
    I guess I am not a koi addict anymore because not overstocking..haha...
  • Denn7Denn7 July 2012
    Wah bro take another video now that pond is clear...I thought I recognised a couple pieces there through the murky water ;)
  • idrisidris July 2012
    Yes bro... I know u will recognize it..they are adjusting with new environment now...my pond temparature only 28 deg c but bro Daniel pond is 26.. So change of environment Takes time right...hehe..but the best part, the tancho Showa already became leader koi in my pond but both are a great eater..they suck food like they going to be fast a month..hehe...the Showa I must say this...it's not a beauty but..but...a real gangster look..and I love it a lot....HM was not satisfied with the pattern placement but after sometime, she also like the gangster look of it...hehe..
  • ShukriShukri July 2012
    The gangster look really fits the bill as the notorious dynamic duo from the south!!! 8-)
  • idrisidris July 2012
    No comment [-X
  • ShukriShukri July 2012
    Peace bro....... :)>- :)>- =;
    Post edited by Shukri at 2012-07-15 11:19:13 pm
    Hahaha... :-))
  • Denn7Denn7 July 2012
    Haha so long as you love it bro...glad it's doing well. That gangster has won plenty of gangster prizes before! Hope you can groom it even better than we have. Daniel-san's hand feeding training has done wonders for those 2 pieces.
  • ashfaqashfaq July 2012
    :-)) :-))
    Thanks,
    Ashfaq from India-Chennai

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership