Tosai advise needed
  • MikeMike June 2012
    Guys,

Home minister L3 bought back some koi and there are in my FGT QT now.

What is recommendation :-

1) QT the new comer and put them into main pond.
    2) QT and groom them for (how long) in FGT before releasing them to the main pond.

The koi is all tosai measuring from 12cm to 16cm and my FGT is 3' x 6' and 2' height (Water level)

Cheers
    Post edited by Mike at 2012-06-17 12:22:16 am
  • idrisidris June 2012
    Bro mike...I think I go option 1. Ur main pond already matured so no problem. But it is best to mix pallet with small size..at least they can enjoy their feast rather trying to fight for big size pallet. Gosanke have produced small size pallet which I already use it more than a month..good luck bro..
  • NeliNeli June 2012
    Mike,
    Where are the pictures...I want to see them?
  • MikeMike June 2012
    Neli, here you go ...

http://youtu.be/eT6bxMd4dKk
  • KoiBeginnerKoiBeginner June 2012
    @mike, really like your Hi-utsuri. PM me the price and where u got it can? :D
  • smokersmoker June 2012
    option 1 bro mike.
  • BthineshkumarBthineshkumar June 2012
    The Hi-utsuri looks like from Yamakoshi.
    Had purchased one from Yamakoshi Penang. Yamakoshi Tropicana should still have few more and they are having some promotion ...
  • lautslauts June 2012
    Bro Mike,

1) is better , but make sure QT kaw kaw. Better assuming your main pond is up and running with some similar sized kois so that caring for them is not an issue. For my pond 2) is an option for 12- 16cm, as my bottom drain opening gap is big causing them to be sucked into the first chamber or worse in sump chamber.
    Congrats on getting kois from your wife , a step forward for your koi hobby :-)) :-))

ts
  • MikeMike June 2012
    Spot on Bthineskumar, is it indeed from Yamakoshi. Its from Shinoda farm and the home minister is not telling the price, its a surprise gift but nothing cant be found out with a visit to Yamakoshi ;-) .

Thanks for the feed back guys (Y) , will do accordingly.

Cheers
    Post edited by Mike at 2012-06-18 10:49:18 am
  • BthineshkumarBthineshkumar June 2012
    Bro Mike,

I got mine on the arrival date itself in Yamakoshi Penang . :-D
    The shipment arrived 10 pm. Had waited and done my own catch (first time). By the time I finish, it is almost 11.30 pm but it's worth it. Here's the picture:

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/7282/IMG_0720.JPG

It's still in QT @ Yamakoshi. Am still a newbie. How's the catch? Any comments?
    TK
    Attachments
    IMG_0720.JPG 163K
  • MikeMike June 2012
    Bthineshkumar,

Flip the koi and check the tummy area for any discoloration. As per the pattern, It will be quite hard to tell as in Tosai. That's what I was told by the Sifu here.
  • MikeMike June 2012
    Lau,

There's good and bad with the home minister bringing back koi as a gift ... there goes my additional 50% off from the actual price paid for koi #-O

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership