. My pond old design is a watergarden with 2 feet depth. Recently increased to 1 meter 10 ton estimate irregular shape." />
CastleMilia Jumbo Koi Pond, THOR-MAX™ & Mangkell...
  • mangkellmangkell June 2012
    Dear Bros & Sis, Sifu & Sifulina...
    I start this new discussion to get some encouragement & motivation to go on with this hobby. Feel lonely here in Kelantan :"> .

My pond old design is a watergarden with 2 feet depth. Recently increased to 1 meter 10 ton estimate irregular shape. My filter is 12ton, total water is 22 ton allow for future expansion.

My pH is 7.6, problem with us is our source of water come from underground boring. pH 6.1 weak acid. Tried buffer 1st tank 1.2ton & 2nd tank 1.8ton with coral & oyster shell 30kg but no difrent :-S . The main pond is leaking at 8ton/day. Almost 40% daily water change by water drips but it's added constantly all the time little by little. I can't do even a further 5% water change lump sum without fluctuate the pH from 7.6 to 7.1

Any comment is welcomed TQ (handshake)

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/8351/IMG_20120723_230629.jpg
    THOR-DOX™ :-t ...in full action... For the Koi,
    here in Kota Bharu, Kelantan, Malaysia.

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/8900/CJKP06.jpg
    The proposed CastleMilia Jumbo Koi Pond....The initial layout plan... :-D
    Mickeyko Ducati-Kujamon Chagreemon Brabus#Sexy-Robust
    Post edited by mangkell at 2013-07-20 06:43:09 am
  • HDCuHDCu June 2012
    Bro Mangkell,

Welcome to koianswer.

First of all I would prioritized solving problems one at a time in the manner of importance.

1. Top of the list is to stop the leak. A 8ton per day leak calls for serious attention as this would aggravate more each day until we will find yourself with an empty pond with dead kois. Its about time to redo the pond unfortunatey again.

2. If your source water is constantly low PH and oyster shell is not working, try plaster of paris but solve the leak problem first. What is important is to achieve a Consistent PH between 7 to 8.

www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/7054/IMG_20120606_233653.jpgwww.koianswers.com/discussion/download/7055/IMG_20120606_233634.jpgwww.koianswers.com/discussion/download/7057/IMG_20120606_233456.jpg
    1st sorry. Pond got no finishing yet. Only system running. Another view from guard tower.
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/7064/IMG_20120606_233634.jpg
    Post edited by mangkell at 2012-06-07 01:54:33 am
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/7059/IMG_20120606_233418.jpg
    DIY design like my bungalow. Left is a shallow guest area 1feet to display them. Right is family area 3feet depth next to bedroom to hide below the feature stone.
    Post edited by mangkell at 2012-06-07 12:48:16 am
  • ShukriShukri June 2012
    Bro Lauts,
    Any comment from you?
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
  • MikeMike June 2012
    Hi Mangkell,

I do agree with HDCu on treating on the top priority first (the leak). A leak of 8 tonne of water is no joke and it will be more over time. Do note that geographical changes of 8 tonne of water can do in a day is enormous.

Do double check of the visible piping that could be leaking and try to trace the leak from one point to the other eg. pond first then move from chamber to chamber then to the concealed return piping. I know its much easier to say than done, I've been through the process of pin pointing a leak during my initial pond construction.
  • ShukriShukri June 2012
    Bro mangkell,
    I am getting all confused here! As I understand it, your previous pond has been upgraded to cater for larger size and depths. And you posted the picture with kois swimming in it. You mentioned the leakage problem, and were made to understand that the pond is leaking about 8 metric ton of water. So our assumption is that the picture that you showed is the new pond with the leakage and has kois in it. Then you have mentioned that the pond is not done and not completed as yet, and you mentioned only the system is running....... If the koi pond is not finished as yet, why are the kois allowed to be in an unfinished pond?

Right now, I am totally confused.....
    Sorry bro........I hope you can clear the air.......
    After that, we can help and assist you with your problem......
    In Koianswers Forum, no one individual is above the rest. This is the Forum for the Koi Community.
    Post edited by Shukri at 2012-06-07 12:32:24 am
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/7063/IMG_20120606_233456.jpg
    This Kujaku monster 77cm estd, called her Kujamon is starting her fasting for another 3 weeks to absorb the egg impaction as mandate by Sifu Lauts. 1 week was done with tear in my eye to isolate her in the kitchen area 1 feet depth 1meter x 2meter.
    Dear Bro HDCu, Shukri & Mike. Thanks for the super fast comment !!!.The pond is running with filters. The cosmetic touch up is abandoned. I only can measure my reserve buffer tank of 500gln 1.880ton plus is dried within 6hrs. Hence assume 8ton per day. Quite shocking as the top up rate looks very small but constant. The pH7.6 is stable throughout the day and week. I record twice 9am & 9pm daily in a logbook to study the pattern. My 1st chamber of pre filter brush & matala mats is 2ton, when dried for cleaning weekly only the water change is lump sum about 10% than the pH drop to 7.1 & kois start flashing for the whole day. 12hrs later pH back to 7.6. 2nd to 4th chamber is 3ton each, the impact will be bigger X_X . Any method to clean filter only without do the lump sum water change? :O :/
    Post edited by mangkell at 2012-06-07 01:45:27 am
    Bro HDCu, 4 mths ago Feb'12 the leak is bigger about 4 times visually. Maybe 32ton per day!. I hope the leak will go down to 2ton per day by oct'12 & I believe it will dissapear finally by act of god. Water source volume is not a problem as underground pump rate is 9ton/hour. What is "plaster of Paris" if oyster buffer not working?. One more parameter is salting. When I add 20kg salt, the koi medic reads 0.1% . Tmrow 24hrs after, they read 0.05% due to liquidation of constant water top up 8ton/day. I can't maintain 0.18% salt level even for 1 day. banghead
    Dear Bro Lau. For the 1st time ever I start fasting the whole pond of koi for 1 week as practice by some Sifus.

The Sakai Showa female 76cm is the most tamed one. Called her Showamon, she will rub her mouth, body & tail to my leg asking for food in the shallow kitchen area. Not actually total fasting, minimal feeding of 10% x 500g = 50g per day for a 15kois all hand feeding except the Kujamon. Showamon shows no afraid to human & follow our footstep walking in the guest area. Maybe 5yr old make her "berani mati tak mati". BTWay, the swollen underneath the tail tube is gone.=D>

The Shusui F 75cm is 3yrs right? Called her Shusuimon. Sorry the underwater video cam by GoPro Hero wide angle 150° shows a bloated image. Even a 40cm Kawarimono looks as big as this giant. Will post some footage later.

The Maruyama Kohaku M 67cm looks like a Mickey mouse to me. Called Mickeyko, he take 1 pellet from my hand & make one big circle the parameter pond before comeback. 10 pellet makes a 10 good laps. What a funny big boy?

The Kindai Showa F 65cm-I'm sorry she only survive 3week with me. When salting from 0.4% to 0.5% final stage I guess as salt meter not yet arrived from Yamakoshi. I like her rugged look little Tom boy. Still pain till today. =((

That's it for now. Again any comment is welcome. Tq
    Aznan KB
    Post edited by mangkell at 2012-09-15 01:31:18 pm
  • StevieStevie June 2012
    Bro Mangkell,

I am much more confused than Bro Shukri. You got a pond 9 ton and your filter is bigger than the pond 12 ton and total 21 ton and you were losing 32 ton a day (before upgrade or after?). And now the leak is getting smaller with 8 ton a day I assumed you have done something to the leak??? You think the act of god can make the leak to 2 ton a day. As far as I know the leak can only get bigger not smaller without the act of man over the act of god[-O<am I right??? No I am confused and the more I read the more pening I get. All these leak got no problem to you as you got a 9 ton per hr pump. Then anything added is of no use will soon be diluted. You can forget about salts, plaster of paris, osyter shell and you can even do away with filter. There is no need for filter system, you got a pond just like river with constant supply of water!!! Just wonder where the leak water goes? Just to accompanying you so that you are not so lonely now. :)
  • idrisidris June 2012
    i am confused from the start i read this thread... @-)
  • ShukriShukri June 2012
    Bro Idris,
    You are like me aaah!
  • ashfaqashfaq June 2012
    May be Aznan is near to or spoken with brother @lauts on this.
    Brother @lauts can you help Aznan on this thread?

Brother @aznan,
    Could you please answer the below questions?

1. How many ponds you have at your Home?
    2. What is the Size of those ponds with respective to Length*width*height in FEET ?
    3. Any Diagram you have of your pond,where contractor would have provided you?
    Thanks,
    Ashfaq from India-Chennai
    Post edited by ashfaq at 2012-06-07 12:39:44 pm
  • gerrygerry June 2012
    Hi, Bro Mangkell,

This is a mind-boggling post!! b-(

Anyway, just wanted to say hello and give encouragement in this hobby and make you not so lonely over there....

I'm sure there are other hobbyist there... you just got to find them... :-D
  • lautslauts June 2012
    Bro Aznan,

Very pleasantly surprised to read your post ! Its been more than 1 month since you took them home ? Pleasant to hear the kois are doing fine now. Am sure you and family are enjoying the kois tremendously too. I am happy too , now that they are in a castle :) !! . They are all very friendly , too friendly in that they always take all the food by crowding near the autofeeder. Pellets just fall straight into their mouth :-)) Keep them well , they will be more than 80cm not too long, esp Kujamon and Shusuimon. :-D

Quite a lot of post to read abt, maybe another post to clarify current situation? The pond has a huge leak that you need to take care off unfortunately? This is priority bro , i think not big problem considering you can DIY. Solving the leak will also solve the pH issue. Sound like your kois have flashing issues , most likely from pH flucs. The flow thro is too strong ie too much water from ground, too fast for corals etc , use Sodium Bicarbonates ( You can source them from baking shops) instead till you fix the pond for lower flow thro bro. Just dissolve the bicarbs and run a drip in one of the tanks before getting into pond. If you need , i have a few kg of Bicarbs, you can ask your transporter call me i can drop them at Yamakoshi. .

Bros ,

Bro Aznan took over care of 4 of my big girls plus my last maruyama male abt a month ago. It took some arrangements to transport it to Kelantan taking almost 11hrs. Transporter left my place abt 3pm reached the pond 1.30am next morning. In carton boxes packed with ice and O2 from bags. The biggest was 78 and smallest 65 i think.

thanks
    ts
    Post edited by lauts at 2012-06-07 03:46:49 pm
  • ShukriShukri June 2012
    If indeed the water leakage is that bad, it will be relatively easy to locate the fault. Corrective measures need to be adhere ASAP. The longer you wait the more severe
    it will be; for the kois as well as for your pond.
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/7077/IMG_20120607_125328.jpg
    Good day Bro. Thanks for all the wonderful comment. :)>-

This float ball valve shows how much water added all the time to keep CastleMilia pond alive for the last 6mth. Sit inside pump chamber of 3ton. It looks small but yes, it will dry them in just 9hrs if no top up.

How many % top up is acceptable? 40% no. 30%? 20? 10%daily?
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/7079/IMG_20120607_125823.jpg
    Daylight view. Located in front of my house. Why? Bcoz I spent 4-6 hours perday there mostly. I has a 5,000sf say 200ft x 30ft, land reserve for future pond & kids water park. "Kampung" style living, hence the brc 2" square fencing needed to avoid "memerang" can eat 20 kois per nite. Sure will ask Sifus for future design. (*) .
    Post edited by mangkell at 2012-07-01 09:51:57 pm
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/7080/IMG_20120607_130130.jpg
    View from main gate side.
    Bro Stevie... Thanks for the river joke. Bcoz I actually connect the 1st/old pump chamber here to the new 2nd chamber opposite side, with a river stream Amazonlike "S" shape of 60ft x 2ft x 3"deep only. This is meant for Original plant filtration using a "keladi air".
    Post edited by mangkell at 2012-06-11 11:09:26 pm
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/7081/IMG_20120607_130238.jpg
    :)>- Bro Shukri, the leakage is beyond my local contractor knowledge. From swimming pool sealer to a plastesine,how to spell??. What... Lantak dia lah. Aftr all pipe sealed, the best he can get is a 32ton/day leak!!! Than within 6mth slowly reduce to current rate 8ton/day with no further mods. Maybe salt & algae help sealing?. Seriously, I think the culprit is between the joint old & new pond level that is raised 1 feet & seepage through the underground. Can't repair while Kujamon is fasting & sorry for confusing everybody.

Hello Bro Idris, Hi Bro Gerry, Hi Ashfaq. I have only 1 pond partially shade. The small stones inside the river. Look dark algaed. Should I remove? About 500kg of them. Tq
    Post edited by mangkell at 2012-06-07 09:24:17 pm
  • ShukriShukri June 2012
    8,000 liters in 24 hours leak means in 1hr leaks 8000/24 equals 333 liters and 1 minute leaks 5.6 liters of water. Sounds like a major crack or something........
  • HDCuHDCu June 2012
    I do think adding lots of bentonite may slowdown but not remove leakage. Its worth a try. In some mudponds, breeders put several inches of bentonite so that water will not drain out.
    Post edited by HDCu at 2012-06-07 08:34:08 pm
  • farikfarik June 2012
    Wow, this thread is really a puzzle....i think the leak should be the first priority....why don't emptying it and reapply 2 or 3 coats of waterproofing?? but then you must have a big enough QT to store the kujamon and geng.....
    Bro HDCu, Bentonite? Where to find? Yamakoshi got any? OK assume act of God + Bentonite equals 10% leak daily comes oct'12. Sounds logic to try. No harm to koi right?.

Bros, Leaking 40%daily is my mistake. Not good. Pls avoid. But with no flashing from day 1 to 6 suggest they can adapt & healthy. Make me happy. My main concern is Flashing upon 5% lump sum water change on day 7. Bro Lau, Mr Foo The Transporter suggest to reserve water source of pH6.1 & change/treat it to ph7.6. I got a 6days to change that slowly or use pH Up. Not much 1.8ton to 3ton is enough. That way normal day pH7.6 stable & chamber cleaning day replace a lump sum 5% with pH7.6- 7.6 will remain stable by theory. Any comment Sifu? :-?
    Post edited by mangkell at 2012-06-07 10:10:22 pm
  • ShukriShukri June 2012
    Brother Aznan,
    There is no two ways about it, kena keluarkan all kois, drain the pond dry and fix all cracks and crevices........buat sekali gus once and for all........else things will get from bad to worst in the future.........
  • BthineshkumarBthineshkumar June 2012
    Bro Aznan,

I agree with Bro Shukri, get some temporary tank or send to Koi farm/friends pond for temporary nursing. You also plan to expand the pond rite?, so expand the pond, do a proper concrete and waterproofing before put in the Koi.

8 ton/day leakage in big problem. It's a big hassle because:
    1)you have to continuously monitor your water parameter
    2) Lots of water wastage
    3) Big maintenance as you have to continuously add in anti-chlorine
    4) You can't treat your pond in case of bacteria issue
    and much more.

TK

• ShukriShukri June 2012
    Our comments must have scared bro Aznan....... :-(
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/7164/IMG_20120611_175414.jpg

Greeting & Salam, Bros & Sis. Really appreciate your comment. ^:)^
    Don't feel lone ranjer anymore with your kind help.
    Bro Shukri, I agree the 40% daily leak must be done completely one day. >:D< . But for now, I have to live with it due to no big enough QT tank for the Kujamon & the gang laa Bro Farik.

This pic was taken from my uncomplete guard tower. It is planned for a 2 storey water fountain with garden toilet beneath. The box to the right is a 2nd floor small pond water catchment. Due to noise factor complained, I'm considering to put an external filter after Bio filter fed with 1hp 3"pipe 24ton/hour HCP pump. My choice from Yamakoshi either a Matala Koi Clear Vortex set or Waterco set?.Both cost me rm4k plus... Any comment which one to choose :-? Both are smoking hot system. (smoking)
    Post edited by mangkell at 2012-07-01 09:56:54 pm
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/7165/IMG_20120611_174545.jpg

The size of the 2nd floor filter is 6'x6'x6' boxed located 5' above ground. It's an r/c flat slab with load bearing wall. An engineer DIY design. ~:> KeKe
    Post edited by mangkell at 2012-07-11 01:05:25 am
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/7169/IMG_20120611_175001.jpg

This backyard area are meant to copy a mini Sunway Lagoon idea. Water flows everywhere on the ground. Can Koi pond water mix with the kids water park? Project KIV till solve them... >-)
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/7170/IMG_20120611_175112.jpg

A castle top for the kids to play play :0&

I once imagine Kujamon & the gang swim from here all the way to the guard tower back there.200 feet long 15feet wide. Cancelled after the 'memerang' attacked. A net/brc above this wall will look like a Zoo. Any wild idea Bro??? (%)
  • ashfaqashfaq June 2012
    Wooooooo thats huge ;-)
    Thanks,
    Hi Bro Ashfaq. Sorry I don't have any layout plan yet. Maybe 'As Built Drawing' later upon completion as the idea keep on changing lah bro... b-(
  • MikeMike June 2012
    Damn your house is huge mangkell ...
    Hi Sis Gerry... Sorry to call U Bro earlier :X . I'm fully motivated now after joining Koianswers forum. They are very helpful & friendly =P~
  • gerrygerry June 2012
    Hahahahaha.... no probs bro Mangkell!

Good to hear that you are fully motivated! :)

This hobby is too good to give up. :X
    Hi Mike... I thought you said my Shusuimon is HUGE!!! \m/ At 3yrs old female 76cm. Feeding like crazy can last 2hours 9pm to 11pm. Bit by bit only. Feed kaw-kaw for 3 weeks than fast 1 week. My goal is to make her Jumbo size 86cm++ within 2 years & healthy. I thought kois average age is 25 to 35yrs? :-? But keep hearing 5-10yrs already dead make me wonder. X( X( X(
    Post edited by mangkell at 2012-06-17 03:02:43 am
  • lautslauts June 2012
    Bro Aznan ,

Storing and treating water before getting into your pond is way to go in your case, fact that they only flash when adding new water shows that pH is likely cause. You can use pH up but bicarbs is a cheaper and better option. I do have bentonite but in this case of huge leak i don't think will work. Anyway mine in calcium bentonite , you want sodium bentonite for sealing.

Wow , looks like you are not joking , your place does starting to look like a castle :O Your ideas are very grand , but i think not good idea to mix pond water with kids pool water. Too much contamination for both , as they need opposites, one clorinated and almost sterile while they other needs to support life.

Anyhow glad to see many WIP ahead.

ts
    Hi Sifu Lau. Sodium Bikarbonat from baking shop to treat water reserve. Point noted. ^:)^ . Where can find Sodium Bentonite?

Made some pipe adjustment. Water reserve 2ton are now dead flow with oyster & coral 30kg, no more constant water flow in & out. Will check the pH aftr 6days. Some says use pump to circulate & open the cover for evaporation is better? :/

Meanwhile, practice pull up the sieve without do the 5% water change twice weekly.

Ok, another Point Noted. Will find a way to saperate the kids waterpark with koi pond water. ~O)

Yes my kids got some itchy sign after play-play but for now combat with dettol only. :-D Tq
    Post edited by mangkell at 2012-06-12 05:46:15 pm
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/7189/IMG_20120611_175802.jpg

Ok to split the koi pond & the kids wetland would require some thought bcoz they share the same pump chamber. :-?

The design is Koi 1st, later kids wanna play then those idea got mix up.

At the moment, I think the 3 chamber will be split into 3 different use.

1)The river flows into the new koi pond pump chamber.

2)The middle chamber wall will be raised further up 1mtr & convert into new pond area. I put a black tank same as picture some 2ton volume beneath each chamber box & concrete them togather... He..he..he.. :-D Tested no leakage there... but with no bottom drain. Only side drain with a 2"tank connector pipe at the lowest possible. But than with total deep of 3mtr/10feet, 2mtrx2mtr box on top, is it viable to connect to the existing shallow pond of say 2feet?. :-?

3)The 3rd chamber will be for the wetland. The new volume per X-chamber is 9ton.

I heard a complete set of Waterco is good for 20ton koi pond. So those chamber will not be a filter chamber anymore. Sorry to Kujamon & the gang. The crappy chamber design that used to be bigger than pond now only say 15%. It's an opposite Contra. Total new pond 20t, filter 4t. Water surface area around 40'x10'=400sft.
    *-:)
    Post edited by mangkell at 2012-06-12 11:39:41 pm
    Hi, another shocking update. The dead flow storage pH is 7.4 change from pH=5.9 exactly 36hours ago! Bravooo :-)) :-)) :-)) Wonder so little tweak can make so much different!!! Thanks to all Bros & Sis here & Sifu Lauts for the tips. Now I can do a 10% / 2ton water change twice weekly with a stable pH=7.3 to 7.6 It's like a million dollar bonus $-) $-) $-)
    Post edited by mangkell at 2012-06-14 12:23:45 am
  • lautslauts June 2012
    Bro Aznan ,

Good to hear a solution for the pH issue. Another important thing is pls have a QT area for new kois, a stand alone pond or big fiber tank . Make very sure they are properly QT and "clean" before adding to your pond. Will be very difficult to treat them in a pond with so much water plants and drain etc. So QT kaw kaw pls.

thanks.
    ts
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/7224/IMG_20120615_124844.jpg
    Hi. Got some update on the Kujamon fasting progress today. 2weeks has lapse & her body looks thinner. Now she got a big head like a tank.

While busy trying the DIY natural chiller, Current Hot trend!, I have to release her from QT & mix with guys like Mickeyko for several times. Temp is hot at 28-30°C. The whole kois in the pond is running & chasing.

Aftr some time, I found some small ball lots of them sticking on pipe. Can somebody confirm is it an egg? Did Kujamon hatch & release the egg like a natural way? How long is the process? Hours or days?

Can she break her fast today? #:-s
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/7225/IMG_20120615_090316.jpgwww.koianswers.com/discussion/download/7226/IMG_20120615_090438.jpg

I think the brown dot-dot things that stick to the above pipe is the egg released by Kujamon. Is it? Water is smelly, yes lots of white bubles, Half an hour of chaos as everybody is chasing somebody.

If it is Confirmed egg released/Spawned , These are the factors that might help trigger that:-

1-Start fasting, aim for 1mth after suspect got egg. Got unusual big belly...
    2-Weekly release to mix with the boys. Few hours but not feeding time & QT again.
    3-Put them in warmer temp than pond. In my case, pump is off due to tornado sprinkler WIProgress... Only air pump is on which generate extra heat...
    4-Do some WIP around her to stress her... He..He.. :-t

I'm glad this fasting Marathon is ending vs Sis Neli who had to fast her showa 2.5mth!!!

It's like won a half billion dollar project with a direct nego rate. $-) $-) $-)
    Post edited by mangkell at 2012-07-24 12:52:20 am
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/7227/IMG_20120615_090438.jpg
  • lautslauts June 2012
    Bro Aznan,

Your spray bar , "gutter spray" etc really looks massive, Did you take temp before and after ? Can get those aquaruim digital thermometer , few pieces to confirm few location.

The kujamon is really skinny now , may have release or releasing egg , some chasing going on in pond ? Water will be smelly and cloudy , lots of bubbles. Don't feed yet , let them finish , do a 20% water change thereafter. Normally in QT i would add some antibacterial like S1 and salt but not sure in your pond would work . Did she hurt her pects? some damage repair may be necessary like apply H. Perokside to damage areas. Can feed lightly few day after.

Thank for update and taking care of them.

ts
  • BthineshkumarBthineshkumar June 2012
    Now thats what I call a sprinkler system ;;)

Awesome bro Aznan (Y)
  • ashfaqashfaq June 2012
    Bro Aznan, you did lot of piping works, but worth it :)
    Thanks,
  • HDCuHDCu June 2012
    Bro Mangkell,

You have the one of most unusual pond setup I have seen. ^:)^
  • AnuarAnuar June 2012
    Salam Bro,

OMG ^:)^ like this must wear rain coat lah.... Sorry bro, just kidding. From the angle the photo was taken, looks like the whole pond is pouring. You are taking this to the extreme, but we are eager to see the result.

And congratulations on the spawning, hopefully there will be little doraemon soon!
  • ashfaqashfaq June 2012
    Brother @anuar "doraemon " :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))
    Thanks,
    Post edited by ashfaq at 2012-06-15 08:56:26 pm
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/7235/IMG_20120615_212826.jpg
    Night view of the Tornado ShowerSprayBar.

Salam Bro Anuar.
    Outdoor pond sure can't match the indoor pond cooling effect. Test to the xtreme than only we know the Limit. My aim is low, to get a morning temp 9am at night time 9pm. It's 28°C. I achieved that within 6 hours full swing that used to be 30°C at 9pm.

Will see tmrow 9am, if it will really go down to 26°C in theory... Not much hope though.

BTWay, Kujamon fasting saga is not a normal spawning. It's a method to minimize the risk of losing her. That way we can avoid using drug/ovaprim or molest her by a chopsticks by some jap breeder!!! no comment here. Only 1000+++ of egg released in the main pond, baby Doraemon will only appear if some guys put Guy sperm on mat that got egg... Hmmm. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Bro Kumar, Bro Kaaj,
    The 4 vertical spraybar 2"-1.5mm is actually replacing the 4 waterjet 2"-0.5" at the same location. 15holes x 1.5mm vs 1 x 15mm. The rest is upstairs they go...

FYInfo, I'm using only 1 pump for all the effect, HCP model A31 24ton/hr at 5meter head, 1hp 3"outlet. Brother Lauts used 4nos I think for his 60t pond.

The shower gutter can be replace with a 2 or more spraybar if we really wanna know & push the limit further. I got xtra weapon spared... Haa...Haa...Haa...Like Olympic or Euro12, any limit for the goal scored? No, just keep shooting Bro Tq :p
    Post edited by mangkell at 2012-06-17 03:12:23 pm
  • AnuarAnuar June 2012
    Bro Aznan, even the photo has a cooling effect. We envy your effort, even rain gutter is not spared... And your kujamon spawning also gives this fatherly feeling on this father's day weekend.

To all fathers out there, Happy Father's Day... I am going to get myself a koi present later... Hehehe
  • idrisidris June 2012
    That just an excuse to buy another koi bro anuar...hahaha
    Hello there,

Some update on those reading. It's 27°C at 11am. Sorry miss the 9am record time. Looks nothing if compared to electric chiller 3hp who can set the water at 22s!!!... I heard lah.

I think will record the same time as Sifu Lauts did. 6am & 6pm to compare apple to apple lor.

Before & after will be like this. Morning 28 vs 27, night 30 vs 28°C. A change from 28-30 to 27-28. Recorded with Senz pH Duo by Trans Instrument at 1" below wtr level.

Bro Idris, I'm happy with the result. Looks like a nice fathers day gift to me... :-j
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/7257/IMG_20120616_185254.jpg
    Hi, Just finish install a new 3" pvc ball valve as pictured.

The function is as a switch to choose between a cooling mode and a feeding/viewing mode. A quater turn of the lever will turn a tornado effect into a calm & silent water instantly. Feeding/viewing for 1 hour wont effect the temp much.

The other 5 ball valve 2" is only needed if I wanna get an extreme condition. Like if I turn off the gutter shower, it will be replace with extra 2-4 spray bar. Yes 10ft shower use lots of water to be effective.

Btway, The recommended pvc ball valve brand is KITA or TF/Thai Feng. Can easily rotate with 1 hand. Durability more than 1 yr still ok. Others like PRO not good. Only RM70/PC vs s/steel rm350. Even s/steel lever easily rusted. 2" valve only 10bucks. Made in Malaysia goods is very good now.

The cool wind effect around the whole pond & nearby area is another plus factor. Even my neighbours walking outside the street can feel the cool air effect. You can only archive this if you install a 5hp air conditions outdoor at the pond & let they run 24/7. Will you?... Haa...Haa...Haa...:0&

Those piping on the ground will be buried with finishing job once I'm done with all those mods. Only the control valve is visible. But, Koi kichis mods is a never ending story & part of the hobby. Better buried them alive soon. #:-s
    Post edited by mangkell at 2012-06-19 12:38:10 am
    Guys. Temperature update. Max temp today is 27.5°C, Used to be 30.5°C on a hot shiny day like today here in Kota Bharu. 3°C permanent drop is a good motivator for the WIP 4more spray bar 8 in total.

The air will also circle & raise my wife long hair, hence the new name will be TORNADO-X (smoking) smoking cool Maa... tq
    Post edited by mangkell at 2012-06-16 11:39:12 pm
  • lautslauts June 2012
    Bro Aznan ,

Doraemon :-)) , now i get where you got the names for Kujamon , Shusuimon and others.
    Good job on the spawning , i have not been successful . Can ask you how you achieve this? Sounds like you are not new to this bro. :-? No need lah for the sifu thingy , one thing or another , we are all learning from each other bro. Me hoping to learn some spawning lesson :)

Happy father's day bros

ts
    Bro HDCu,

You are lucky if you can built a brand new pond from stratch. With proper design supervised by all sifus here. That's the risk if we extend our old pond especially the height level. Even new setup got unfortunate like rock/boulders Sis Neli.

Kabi kabi/Sometimes we just need to enjoy whatever God gives to us. Peace YOO :-"
    Post edited by mangkell at 2012-06-17 12:38:06 am
    Brudders...Update on the pH fluctuations.

Done 3rd chamber cleaning tday 3ton volume. 15% wtr changed. pH stable at 7.7 before & aftr, they are rock solid. Heavy feeding also same. Used to flucts 7.1 to 7.9 up & down. Maybe bcoz got some help from Tornado-X? Ho..Ho..Ho..:/ :/ :/

Clean a large Bio filter 2mx2m used to be tiredsome to me. The mats & 500kg stuff all loaded evenly at the top. How do we do a backwash normally?. Since my 2" side drain pipe is not efficient, I buried my reserve pump inside & backwash at 36ton/h vol speed, rotate it 360° & that's it Done. Still a half hour good job for her till next 2mths. Sewage type HCP F31 can suck 1" stone easily. Rm800/set.

Btw, a 3phase wiring with a 3phse pump & a current regulator can save some 30% electric bills...Don't inform TNB. Happy Koing. :!: :!: :!:
    Post edited by mangkell at 2012-06-17 11:28:50 pm
    Hi Bros,

Tried switching of the Tornado-X for feeding/viewing for 2hours today 11am-1pm. Temp goes up from 27.5 to 28.0 +0.5°C. So the optimum time for feeding is 1 hour without flucts the temp. Tq 8->
    Post edited by mangkell at 2012-06-19 01:22:55 am
  • AnuarAnuar June 2012
    Bro, why don't you leave the tornado on during feeding? I am sure pokemon and the gang would appreciate both the lower temp and higher DO.
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/7279/IMG_20120617_214228.jpg
    Hand feeding the Showamon & Qishiro the 1st 10mnts from over 1hour dinner time.

Sure they'll love it Bro Anuar. It is just an option that we can choose if we got the control ball valve. If you are ready with yr swim trunk, Yes. Who dares to do hand feeding in the middle of Tornado-X??? \:D/

Now is Pokemon. Where is yr Doraemon Bro? MC lor...

Minutes aftr Tornado-X being diverted into Simple Return, This is what I notice:-

1-Water very calm as close to shut off the pump.
    2-Dirt everywhere at pond bottom coming from kitchen area, the opposite site of BD. Aftr 5mnt they are clear again.

On hand feeding. I've trained them for months, out of 15kois, Kujamon is the only 1 who still don't wanna take it from my hand. Others all ok. Maybe next month fasting week will be a good start. Somehow I feel like she is still not my fish if she keep resist to eat from my hand. [-X
    Post edited by mangkell at 2012-07-24 01:04:23 am
  • lautslauts June 2012
    Bro Aznan,

Kujamon has always been shy esp now after her spawning ordeal so go easy on her. How is Shusuimon doing ? Showamon looks good , i hope sumi will finally come up on the head and shoulder area in your hands, even my bento clay did not help in this case :-( . Possible to trace the reason for the fast water heating up ? More cover maybe? Also careful with feeding too much esp high protein feed, this i find will lead to some temporary sinking issues for the big girls.

ts
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/7286/IMG_20120618_222708.jpg
    Bros, Testing the Tornado-X with a 6 unit x 2" spraybar. Can they go lower than 27.5°C at 6pm? :/ :/ :/

Notice the gutter shower valve is open but no water come out. This is important to care for your pump durability due to over pressure. Tq
    Post edited by mangkell at 2012-06-19 12:24:17 am
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/7287/IMG_20120618_115503.jpg
    Feeding time 250g x 2 daily only. The kg borrowed from my wife kitchen but never return. Reason, she use it weekly, me twice daily. >:-)
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/7288/IMG_20120618_220337.jpg
    The fix Skimmer place on top of the pond BD. 1 meter wide 1" height. She suck everything on the surface in no time.
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/7289/IMG_20120618_215211.jpg
    Bcoz she's a good sucker, I have to put the green plastic sieve upon feeding.
    When Tornado-X is off,water will circle in the kitchen area. Only 10-20 pellet will end up on this net, otherwise wastage & dirty lor. They are always taken by Showamon or Mickeyco before I take the sieve out.

This also means I can't use auto feeder. X( X( X( Can I?
    Post edited by mangkell at 2012-06-19 12:40:11 pm
    Bro Lauts,

Yes, I think need to cover the river from direct sunlight. But, the plantation also need the sun. Hmmmmmm :-? Maybe I'll let the plant to grow all over the channel. That way, they are the natural shade to the water in the river. Tq :-D
    Post edited by mangkell at 2012-06-19 01:15:19 am
  • MikeMike June 2012
    Bro mangkell ,

You are one macgyver of plumbing la. 250g twice a day :O . I am feeding 60g 3 times a day for all my koi. Yours may be huge in size and counts ;-)
    Hi Bro Mike,

I think McGyver don't wanna be a plumber. :-)) How is MikeGyver, his brother.Do you know him? ;-) He..He..

Feeding is flexible to everybody Mike. Just don't waste it. [-X
  • lautslauts June 2012
    Bro Mike,

At 70-78cm , ave weight per koi abt say 7kgx4pcs=28kg. At 250g ( the other 250g for other kois in the pond) works out to abt 0.9% body weight. Not a lot , as there are many feeding much higher %. Now you know why i thank Bro Aznan for caring for them :-)) :-)) .
    They ( esp Showamon) will congregate around the autofeeder when feeding time and sapu all the feed. Leaving the tosais little, this not good when tosai be fed the most. :-(
    Now i do manual feed too , aiming for the tosais.

ts
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/7294/Oka-sp06.JPG
    This Kohaku 75cm weight 50kg, quoted by Koi Bito Malaysia. 50KG!!! :O
    Post edited by mangkell at 2012-06-19 11:48:46 am
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/7295/Kat-sp18.JPG
    This Shusui 66cm quoted at 30kg, body shape like my Shusuimon 75cm.
    Post edited by mangkell at 2012-06-19 11:47:31 am
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/7296/IKA-SP04.JPG
    This Kujaku 60cm was 25kg. They look skinny from above same like my Kujamon. If Kujamon is 78cm, How can only 7kg maa? :/ Come on Bro Lau, new formula please...
    Attachments
    IKA-SP04.JPG 111K
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/7298/Miyoshi Koi Farm - Jumbo Koi Harvest 2010 (3)-1.jpg
    Bro Mike,
    This Showa from Miyoshi Jumbo harvest, Look at the tummy, bloated from left all the way to the right body. :O
    Post edited by mangkell at 2012-06-19 11:43:21 am
  • lautslauts June 2012
    Bro Aznan,

75cm , 50kg ? Mana you dapat info bro ? . According to koi weight calculator CNYKOI, need to be 145cm for 50kg :-)) . Else i would not have been able to carry and bag for you, with water need already 2 person to carry. If 50 kg and water need crane :-)) :-))
    7kg for 75cm is correct bro.

ts
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/7299/Miyoshi Koi Farm - Jumbo Koi Harvest 2010 (25)-1.jpg
    Their Jumbo(more than 85cm) all got big tummy. Mike, from these pictures... Will you maintain 180g/day or increase? Hwa..Hwa.. :-))

Me pumping for 3 weeks, fasting 1 week. Like a ballon, pump to the max then shrink a little, they will be harder to burst. Haa.. Haa.. Just follow yr instinct lah Bro. Tq
    Post edited by mangkell at 2012-06-19 12:28:41 pm
    Bro Lau, Info quoted by KOI BITO below, pls check under Special Offer tab. TQ

http://koibito-malaysia.com/news/latest-news/miyoshi-koi-farm-jumbo-koi-harvest
  • lautslauts June 2012
    Bro,

I saw but not sure what the weight means , for sure 75cm koi can never be 50kg no matter how fat it is . Maybe tategoi Ben can help explain the website ?
    I actually have carried some of my bigger kois like that , shiok only \:D/

ts
  • ShukriShukri June 2012
    I feed my kois between 1 - 1.2 kg of pellets a day (24 hours).
    Bro Shukri,

From your experience, how do you determine that 1.2kg? Is the result is 2%.:/

In my case, The result is close to 1%. But the process to study take months. Time limit 10 minutes is out for me. My collection is 40-78cm, 15 of them. Max they can take is 300g/session only within 30 minutes if throw one shot. I take a 80% x full rule & apply to prolong eating style to balance the fast & slow eater. So the 1% is the Final result, not the other way around for me.

Hope you'll share your story... [-O< Tq
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/7322/IMG_20120619_221247.jpg
    Dinner time. Most of them (13) circle the kitchen area, looks crowded but for only 1 hour. Tq [..]
  • ShukriShukri June 2012
    My rule of thumb is simple.........
    The kois finished all the 1.2kg, fed 3 to 4 times through out the day........so no scientific approach for me.........
  • idrisidris June 2012
    yes...same like me bang shukri...
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/7339/Momotaro 7-Sai Sanke 92cm -1.JPG
    This Momotaro Sanke 92cm-Why Koi Bito Malaysia weight them at 75kg? :O Same weight as human adult!
  • cookcpucookcpu June 2012
    http://www.fishsiam.com/massive-75kg-mekong-catfish-caught-from-bungsamlan-lake-in-bangkok-163.html

The above is 75 kg catfish.

I think they miss out the dot between the 7 and 5. Maybe it meant to be 7.5kg.
    Some result on Tornado-X testing. Morning 9am 26.5°C & night 9pm 27.0°C using 6 spray bar. Only -0.5°C different. Further down I think need extra shade, smaller Driller, now is 2mm.

My conclusion, will go back to my 1st try setup. 4 spray bar with gutter spray, pump durability is taken care, looks better also. Sounds is good. Like a heavy monsoon rain. However, Tornado-X name will remains lah. No need to change back. Sometimes, our first experiment is the optimum result already... Hee... Hee... :-D

The temperature setup will be maintain at 27.5°C throughout the day with air pump operate at night only. That's a 3°C permanent temperature drop forever Tq \m/
    Post edited by mangkell at 2012-06-22 12:04:56 am
  • MikeMike June 2012
    How I wish you are my neighbour so that we can DIY all sort of prototype. Its the kaki thats count when DIY ;-)
  • lautslauts June 2012
    Bro William ,

That catfish is easily more than 5 ft ie 150cm so very possible 75kg. but for 90cm koi 75kg ? not possible. Avid anglers like bro Shukri would be able to tell. :)

Bro Aznan ,

From 30c to 26.5c at lowest is very good , without addition covers right ? =D> How many days to achieve this ? i am very happy to with my result of 25.7-26.3 daily with one Tsurumi on 3 PVC pipe 24hrs running. I think 25.5c maybe the max based on our air temp now of 25c- 32c. Try covering some areas from hot sun to see whether temp can go down lower. If your Tornado X cannot bring down lower than 25.5 , no point for me to try adding another Tsurumi.

thanks
    ts
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/7344/IMG_20120622_111441.jpg
    Hi guys, another shocking update on those temp reading. 25.9°C at 11.30am. The original setup of Tornado-X actually can give a lower reading if we give her some time to perform. L-) In this case, 12hours. Sorry, my mistakes. :-ss
    Bro Mike, We are all neighbours already. KoiAnswers neighbourhood! !! Credit to Bro Shukri & the Administrator of this forum... ^:)^
  • ShukriShukri June 2012
    Bro Aznan,
    Indeed the contraption is working........... =D> (Y)

Really glad to hear that Koianswers Forum is being appreciated. :)
  • lautslauts June 2012
    Bro Aznan,

25.9C bravo =D>, the spray will take time to work .Mine took 2- 3 days to reach a max of 25.5 , your monster Tornado will take less time i think. Covered your pond ? Any other reasons for temp reduction , shut down pump , strong wind , air temp drop? I am trying to establish lowest the spray bay can achieve.

ts
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/7347/IMG_20120622_145441.jpg
    Hi guys, Some correction to the drill size. It's 3mm actually. Not 1.5 or 2mm. So 3mm also work, less clogging, point noted. Sorry & Tq L-)
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/7348/IMG_20120622_144914.jpg
    Pictures inside my gutter shower. Water fed with 2" open pipe. Notice the calm & steady water surface after devide into 2 by a T. These 3mm holes more than 1 mth not clean, still no clogging. The water height got 3" more reserve before overflow. Credit to Bro PH8 where I copy his idea. ^:)^
    Post edited by mangkell at 2012-06-22 05:36:58 pm
    www.koianswers.com/discussion/download/7349/IMG_20120622_155152.jpg
    Dear Bro Lauts, This air temp 39.4°C is recorded under direct sunlight 10 meters away from pond about 3:30pm. It's logic consider F1 sepang raced at 42°C. BTW, The pond water temp is 27. Heated by the open river not yet covered. My new profile is 26 to 27. (smoking)

Pump is on 24/7, Will give the Tornado-X another 24hr. Come on TORNADO-X, show us everything U got before I drill a smaller holes in your face 1.5mm. >:/
    Post edited by mangkell at 2012-06-22 04:44:06 pm
  • lautslauts June 2012
    I don't think accurate to use probe, use normal room thermometer la , built for the purpose. 26-27 nice :) the kois will love it. Water looks better too from the thermo temp pict :)

ts

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership