Can return defective Kohaku to farm ??
  • wongyengwongyeng May 2012
    Go a nice piece of Kohaku 2 months' ago but recently noticed that it has a very small area with lightly faded sumi appearing... wonder if i can return this kohaku or is it a sanke mistaken for a kohaku ?? :)
  • cookcpucookcpu May 2012
    You should talk to the farm owner....every farm have different policy. I don't think we are in a position to advise you. IMHO.
  • WilganWilgan May 2012
    Most respectable farm would offer a replacement if there is a defect with the koi within a short period of purchase.

For your case, think it could be difficult as there isn't a defect with the koi and it has been quite sometime after your purchase. Many that bought Shiro may experience stray beni/hi to appear after some months or years. Don't think it is fair to ask the farm to change right?

You can also perform a surgical removal of the sumi should it really appear. But only if it is on the shiroji side. Maybe you should monitor for awhile more. It could be just a minor injury or water condition which may go away by itself. :)
  • wongyengwongyeng May 2012
    Any experienced bros encountered such problem of kohaku having sumi on its shiroji ?
  • MikeMike May 2012
    I have a kujaju who is faded within the first month. Im not sure is it the process of growing of a kujaku.
  • Ivanlo24Ivanlo24 May 2012
    Kujaku are like that. Once the colour is gone. It is gone forever. A koi dealer once told me that kujaku needs sunlight to maintain the colour
  • spencertanspencertan May 2012
    Yo, Ivan!
    Yes you are right. Kujaku requires sunlight to bring out It's best potential.
    In fact, I think all kois require sunlight . 30% sunlight , 70% shade if i am not wrong.
    That kujaku which you saw struggle it's way to Japan, was in my 100% sunlight pond last December til this year and there was definitely a change! The kujaku became so much nicer under the 30% sunlight pond. So my guess would be not too much, not too less, just nice.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership